Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 7 November 2006
This is undoubtedly the best comedy in the history of the world. Monty python, airplane!, borat etc etc seem all but mediocre in the presence of dumb and dumber.

The comedy timing and performance is amazing from both carrey and daniels. The script is hilarious and there are numerous occasions when you will be stuggling to get enough oxygen into your blood as you fight histerics.

And this is not a one off, i have watched this film over 20 times ands classic lines such as;

"fell off the jetway again"

"kick his ass sea bass"

"you wouldnt happen to have a cup of warm water would ya"

"that old romantic feeling, when youd do anything to bone her"

"you dont kil people you dont know"

"oh no howd it happen (pet dying) - his head fell off, yeah he was pretty old"

"youre it triple stamp, no erasees"

"an i.o.u is as good as money, sir"

"lets put another shrimp on the barby!"

"i wanna go where the beer flows like wine"

"hey wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world"

"Just gimmme the GOD DA.M NUMBER!"

"For fast effective releif"

"Mary, I desperately want to make love to a school boy"

"look at the fun bags on that horse hound"

Never grow old. If you havent seen this film it is a crime and you need to order it today, if you have watch it again, now.

Granted there are little features on this film but the film will give you everything you need (and the uncut version is not very good). Please dont think that i am just hyping this film up, this is the best comedy ever made, it will be worth the watch, enjoy.
44 comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 July 2002
The film is brilliant-funny, clever and...well funny! Thats the good part..the bad part is the DVD itself. There are only a couple of extra features on offer, when there could have been so much more-ie: Commentry, documentary etc.. Also, the film is cut! Although not much is cut, its enough to be angry at..most noticable cut is when they pick up the hitchhikers-in this version..well, they don't. Also the subtitles are off, I mean, when Lloyd says 'You have that crazy look in your eyes', the subtitles say 'You have a crazy look when you arrive'..I mean whats that all about?
A great film, but a very poor DVD, lets just hope they re-release it sometime soon..
on 6 September 2007
Uncut releases of films are often brought out when the director regrets removing scenes or good scenes had to be removed as requested by the studio, however, Dumb & Dumber Uncut is a testament to why some scenes end up on the cutting room floor.

None of the restored scenes add anything to the film, and some actually hurt it. Most of the extended scenes contain extra jokes which really aren't any good, and I really didn't need to see Seabass hock up a lump of green and brown crap on Harry's burger in closeup.

The special features aren't anything, well, special, either. The featurette is mediocre, very short and nothing different; and Jim Carrey is absent.

I'm selling my copy and picking up the original release. I'd advise you do the same and save money.
on 4 October 2011
Dumb and Dumber is one of my all time favourite comedy films which I had only ever had on video, up until I bought this copy on DVD. My friend had bought the uncut version on DVD a while ago though it was just not the same as the bits that were added in were slightly rude and took away from what Dumb & Dumber was about, so when I found this version on Amazon I was over the moon thinking it was going to be the original version that I had had on video all those years ago. I was soo dissapointed when I realised that actually some of the scenes had been cut out of it, one being my favourite scene when they pick up the mexican hitch hiking family and sing mocking bird. Sadly this scene was not in it along with other small snippets cut off the end of other scenes. Still one of my favourite films but dont know how many copies I am going to have to but to get the original version on DVD.
on 21 July 2009
Dumb and Dumber is one of my all time favorite funny films. The transfer to blu-ray isn't the best I've seen to date (for a brilliant transfer see I-Robot), but is an improvement visually on the original.
As for the extra scene's, I think the film was funny enough without them and they do not reall add much extra value, infact I think a couple of scene's are better without them!
All in all if you want a good laugh, there is no funnier film for £9.99.
Thanks.
DL
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 14 November 2014
Dumb and Dumber is one of my favourite comedies ever - a five star comedy classic.

I decided to replace my DVD with the UK release of the 'unrated' version (rated 12a) on DVD.
I have checked over and over and over again, and maybe I'm dumb, but I cannot find the extended version on the disc.
There is the theatrical version, a trailer, a 17 minute documentary and deleted scenes.
But I'll be damned if there's an extended version on the disc (which according to the cover has 6 minutes added)
on 25 February 2015
I didn't have many high expectations for this film but I actually didn't mind it hence the three stars. This was better than some films Ive watched! I laughed at some parts e.g. the part with the chilli's. Not a bad film to while away the afternoon with when it's raining outside and there's not much else to do.
on 21 January 2004
Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels excel as the leads in this film which must rate amongst one of the funniest ever made. From one-liners to sketches or situations, Dumb and Dumber exceeds superbly on the main criteria for any comedy: it's funny. The plot is simple, but it keeps things moving and provides perfect settings for the humour to continue.
Whilst perhaps setting the scene for the many teen and gross-out comedies that have appeared in the last 10 years, Dumb & Dumber is still fresh and very, very funny, even after many, many viewings.
The support actors perfectly complement the leads. The policeman, the waitress, Lauren Holly and many others play their roles seriously, emphasising the goofiness exhibited by the starring duo. Jim Carrey's talent at facial and physical humour (even if you're not a fan of most of Jim Carreys other films, try this film, he plays the role superbly) is perfectly complemented by Daniels, who manages to play the dumber of the two.
Without doubt in my mind, this is the vintage film by the excellent Farrelly brothers. As I've said before, it doesn't do anything special, it just does what so many comedies fail to manage. It's funny. Not only that, it's very funny, and not just in places. It's very funny throughout.
The disc comes with few extras, which is a bit of a disappointment. However, the menus are good, the picture is clean and the film is a gem. Coupled with the bargain price, this is a must-have disc.
on 22 August 2013
No matter how many times you watch it. This film is incredible, funny, entertaining, you can watch it over and over again in a row and not grow tired. The price is great, the delivery was superb and I just can't fault it!
Ordered from Amazon along with a game and they arrived the next day on free standard Uk delivery, what could be better than that?!

You should buy this film, no, seriously, why are you reading reviews when you could be excitedly waiting by the door for it to be dropped through?

Mock-
Yeah
Yeah!

Go buy it now.
on 5 December 2014
One of our favourite comedy films of the 90 s classic performances from Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels directed by the Farrelly brothers you can watch over again and still laugh! bought this for a christmas present as He is a fan would recommend