4.0 out of 5 stars STILL FUNNY, BUT DO THE EXTRA BIT AND BLU-RAY ADD ENOUGH???
Dumb and Dumber is one of my all time favorite funny films. The transfer to blu-ray isn't the best I've seen to date (for a brilliant transfer see I-Robot), but is an improvement visually on the original.
Published on 21 July 2009 by Mr. D. Leslie

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly cut version
Published on 4 Oct 2011 by amanda

4.0 out of 5 stars STILL FUNNY, BUT DO THE EXTRA BIT AND BLU-RAY ADD ENOUGH???, 21 July 2009
Mr. D. Leslie - See all my reviews
As for the extra scene's, I think the film was funny enough without them and they do not reall add much extra value, infact I think a couple of scene's are better without them!
All in all if you want a good laugh, there is no funnier film for 9.99.
Thanks.
DL

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly cut version, 4 Oct 2011
This review is from: Dumb And Dumber [DVD] [1995] (DVD)
Dumb and Dumber is one of my all time favourite comedy films which I had only ever had on video, up until I bought this copy on DVD. My friend had bought the uncut version on DVD a while ago though it was just not the same as the bits that were added in were slightly rude and took away from what Dumb & Dumber was about, so when I found this version on Amazon I was over the moon thinking it was going to be the original version that I had had on video all those years ago. I was soo dissapointed when I realised that actually some of the scenes had been cut out of it, one being my favourite scene when they pick up the mexican hitch hiking family and sing mocking bird. Sadly this scene was not in it along with other small snippets cut off the end of other scenes. Still one of my favourite films but dont know how many copies I am going to have to but to get the original version on DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dumb but lots of fun., 20 Feb 2010
Dante the Igniscient "ashend10" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Harry (Jeff Daniels) and Lloyd (Jim Carrey) are two losers who manage to scrape a living by limo driving and dog pampering. One day Lloyd drives the woman of his dreams to the airport but before she departs she leaves a briefcase full of money behind. Lloyd manages to persuade Harry to help him take the case thousands of miles to Aspen to give it back to her. Along the way they spend the money and find themselves in lots of hilarious scrapes. The dream sequence where Lloyd fights the kung fu chef is unforgettable and the scene in the Dante's Inferno diner is equally memorable.

The uncut version features more of Seabass including his kinky underwear. The jacuzzi scene is extended and there is more dialogue between Harry and Lloyd in the van. Extras include a retrospective documentary, ten additional scenes, two alternate endings, trailers and more. Picture quality is a step up from dvd with more vivid colours and greater detail in close-ups.

It's not just the crazy slapstick comedy that makes Dumb and Dumber so memorable. It is the great soundtrack, the panoramic shots of America's landscapes and Harry and Lloyd's unbreakable friendship. So is Dumb and Dumber on Blu-ray worth an upgrade from dvd? At such a low price, yes.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic film - but what's with these DVD cuts??, 4 May 2008
Picard (USS Enterprise) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Dumb And Dumber [DVD] [1995] (DVD)
I've been watching Dumb and Dumber since the 90's and cease to get tired of it's 'dumb' humour, and the wonderful gel that-is Lloyd and Harry; two city bums in desperate need of a break.

They story has already been covered many times by other reviewers so I'll skimp here and explain the 3 stars.. this DVD edition has some odd cuts. I originally owned the VHS release which had the theatrical version of this film, but this DVD is different in many scenes. Parts have been cut out, some added, some scenes made longer, and what is absolutely noticeable throughout the whole of the film is that surely 75% of the scenes are either acted or spoken differently, suggesting this may be a Directors Cut, if the editor has used different takes from the original recordings. Very odd!

Some may not be too bothered about this, but I thought i'd just point it out anyway for those wondering. I don't know why DVD companies do this - it's happend on many DVD conversions from classic films. But cut long story short... this film is excellent and I recommend it to anyone who loves Jim Carrey!

5.0 out of 5 stars Our pets heads are falling off!, 7 Nov 2006
B. Monteith (Lincoln) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dumb And Dumber [DVD] [1995] (DVD)
This is undoubtedly the best comedy in the history of the world. Monty python, airplane!, borat etc etc seem all but mediocre in the presence of dumb and dumber.

The comedy timing and performance is amazing from both carrey and daniels. The script is hilarious and there are numerous occasions when you will be stuggling to get enough oxygen into your blood as you fight histerics.

And this is not a one off, i have watched this film over 20 times ands classic lines such as;

"fell off the jetway again"

"kick his ass sea bass"

"you wouldnt happen to have a cup of warm water would ya"

"that old romantic feeling, when youd do anything to bone her"

"you dont kil people you dont know"

"oh no howd it happen (pet dying) - his head fell off, yeah he was pretty old"

"youre it triple stamp, no erasees"

"an i.o.u is as good as money, sir"

"lets put another shrimp on the barby!"

"i wanna go where the beer flows like wine"

"hey wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world"

"Just gimmme the GOD DA.M NUMBER!"

"For fast effective releif"

"Mary, I desperately want to make love to a school boy"

"look at the fun bags on that horse hound"

Never grow old. If you havent seen this film it is a crime and you need to order it today, if you have watch it again, now.

Granted there are little features on this film but the film will give you everything you need (and the uncut version is not very good). Please dont think that i am just hyping this film up, this is the best comedy ever made, it will be worth the watch, enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars In a word: hilarious, 21 Jan 2004
This review is from: Dumb And Dumber [DVD] [1995] (DVD)
Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels excel as the leads in this film which must rate amongst one of the funniest ever made. From one-liners to sketches or situations, Dumb and Dumber exceeds superbly on the main criteria for any comedy: it's funny. The plot is simple, but it keeps things moving and provides perfect settings for the humour to continue.
Whilst perhaps setting the scene for the many teen and gross-out comedies that have appeared in the last 10 years, Dumb & Dumber is still fresh and very, very funny, even after many, many viewings.
The support actors perfectly complement the leads. The policeman, the waitress, Lauren Holly and many others play their roles seriously, emphasising the goofiness exhibited by the starring duo. Jim Carrey's talent at facial and physical humour (even if you're not a fan of most of Jim Carreys other films, try this film, he plays the role superbly) is perfectly complemented by Daniels, who manages to play the dumber of the two.
Without doubt in my mind, this is the vintage film by the excellent Farrelly brothers. As I've said before, it doesn't do anything special, it just does what so many comedies fail to manage. It's funny. Not only that, it's very funny, and not just in places. It's very funny throughout.
The disc comes with few extras, which is a bit of a disappointment. However, the menus are good, the picture is clean and the film is a gem. Coupled with the bargain price, this is a must-have disc.

2.0 out of 5 stars my regret, 5 Jun 2009
sean paul mccann "mccanns23" (ireland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
the extra scences built in add to another 6 minutes running time and to be fair hurt the brilliance of this great film,a real childhood fave of mine,i think the original is a classic,the extra scenes are more crass and weaken the show big time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic just got better!, 23 Jan 2007
Alexander J. Machell (Manchester) - See all my reviews
I grew up watching this wonderful comedy from Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels, the movie itself is just brilliant. Excellent performances from all involved, well-written, just funny as hell and -almost- moving in parts.

The Uncut version is even better. I must disagree with the other reviewer. The extra parts are made up of several extra shots that don't really add much, plus some entirely new scenes. Perhaps the funniest is the extended conversation in the hot tub.

Most of what was cut involves 'gay' jokes, I suppose when the film was released being gay was against the law or something. Suffice to say, they are hilarious and actually add an extra element to the film. (Lloyd almost being raped by Seabass is so much funnier when Lloyd was making fun of Harry earlier for acting gay. "You big... homo...")

I thought I had got everything I possibly could out of this movie, I love it, and the Uncut version just enriches the experience so much. Get it, it's at such a low price!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great film ruined by a bad DVD, 25 July 2002
This review is from: Dumb And Dumber [DVD] [1995] (DVD)
The film is brilliant-funny, clever and...well funny! Thats the good part..the bad part is the DVD itself. There are only a couple of extra features on offer, when there could have been so much more-ie: Commentry, documentary etc.. Also, the film is cut! Although not much is cut, its enough to be angry at..most noticable cut is when they pick up the hitchhikers-in this version..well, they don't. Also the subtitles are off, I mean, when Lloyd says 'You have that crazy look in your eyes', the subtitles say 'You have a crazy look when you arrive'..I mean whats that all about?
A great film, but a very poor DVD, lets just hope they re-release it sometime soon..

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly funny american comedy., 4 Jun 2014
David H J Ashdown (Wales) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Dumb and Dumber [DVD] [1994] (DVD)
A couple of intellectually challenged friends get mixed up in the criminal under world when an attache case gets accidentally swapped at an airport and they travel across America to return it to its owner. The comedy is slapstick but extremely funny and politically incorrect. Laugh out loud scenes throughout especially the broken toilet scene if you have a sense on humour like mine.

Dumb & Dumber [Blu-ray] [2008] [US Import]
Dumb & Dumber [Blu-ray] [2008] [US Import] by Peter Farrelly (Blu-ray - 2008)
5.74