Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn more Shop now Shop now

on 11 June 2009
The tone of this radio is marvellous. I've had it a month and not yet had to renew the batteries. A 'Which?' recommendation that I'm happy to pass on to others.
on 29 June 2009
Roberts ECO3BK Ecologic 3 DAB/FM RDS Digital Radio wth up to 120 Hours DAB Battery Life - BlackPurchased as birthday gift for Son-in-Law. Understand he is delighted with it! Very neat appearance, handle and good battery life if he wants to use it away from mains. Price competitive with similar product on high street without the hassle!
Product arrived in good order, within time expected.
on 18 April 2009
I wanted a portable replacement for an ageing battery operated radio, and, having carried out several internet comparisons, decided that the Roberts ECO3BK fitted the bill in every respect. The order was implemented in exemplary fashion, and the product is exactly what I wanted. I am delighted with it.
on 4 September 2009
I Purchased this radio to use in the car as like most modern cars every thing shuts off when the engine is not going and I needed a small portable to use when not actually motoring and to use when camping. I looked at the PURE range of radios and was not impressed as they all require rechargable batterys which are fine but useless if they are only used infrequently and only offer limited running time on a charge. The Roberts is a fine little radio and simple to set up, the only slight nigle is it does not have a 12v input (it is 7.5v) if you are using it in a car so I purchased a 12-7.5 volt converter for a couple of pounds which sorted the problem. Good radio with performance to match.
on 24 June 2009
I bought the white version of this principally for short periods of listening in the bathroom but because of its ease of use, portability and excellent reception - picking up distant stations better than all my other radios, some considerably larger and supposedly more powerful - it quickly became my favourite radio and has ousted the old kitchen radio. I probably will still get a larger DAB radio for serious music listening as its size cannot be expected to accommodate large speakers but I am in no rush as this modest looking radio has considerably exceeded my expectations.
on 17 July 2009
Excellent radio,good build quality,nice to look at,tuned into dab radio stations easily and sounds very nice (seperate tone control).Would reccommend this product highly.
on 8 September 2009
After looking at DAB radios for a year, I saw this radio on channel 5's Gadget Show, where it got a fantastic review. So I bit the bullet and coughed up the money, and I'm so glad I did! It's a doddle to use... I've managed to set all the station presets without ever looking at the instructions. The sound quality is excellant and even though I live in a bit of a reception blackspot I've never had a problem with it skipping. All in all I would recommend this radio to everyone.
on 19 June 2010
The only thing I dis-like about this product is the fact that it takes x4 D batteries which does make it heavier, of course you could just use it without the batteries and mains only. If only they had put C batteries in rather than the BIG D batteries it would be that bit lighter.

Another thing that's a "little' bit of a bug bear is the fact that you can't turn off the LCD display.
That would have saved more power but that really is a minor niggle.

Sound is excellent as is the reception.
Tuning is real easy too, I don't think they could have made it any simpler.
If your looking for a radio (DAB) that's easy to tune in and one where you get good reception, this is probably the best you'll find!
on 27 September 2009
I needed a DAB battery radio that I could use in the bathroom and about the house. The Ecologic 3 had good reviews. Having lived with it for six weeks my conclusions are:- It wouldn't win any prizes as a design classic and it's quite heavy, but it's easy to use, sounds good and is still on its first set of batteries. I'm very pleased with it.
on 27 January 2010
I wanted a simple to operate digital radio with excellent reception and this one fills the bill exactly. The complaints which others have made about it being slow to tune in etc. I don't find a problem. I am hoping that it will last longer than my previous Intempo radio which had loads of bells and whistles but packed up after a few years. This radio may not be so versatile but I cannot fault the quality of its output. Can't comment on battery life as I haven't used it on batteries (yet). Highly recommended.

See one answered question