Having already become accustomed to affixing screen protectors to my smart phone I knew that doing likewise to the IPad2 was going to be even more taxing. Now as you may have gathered from others on here (and elsewhere) you either get it right or you don't. Getting it right really does showcase (and protect) your IPad, getting it wrong and it looks like a dogs dinner.

Well my order was swift and arrived within days, it also arrived packed in a stout (Amazon) Cardboard outer. Inside was 6 sheets each including a wee yellow duster, (With which you are supposed to clean your screen beforehand)

Now the reason I ordered a 6 pack is I knew I would make mistakes and it took me 3 attempts in which to get it right. (Still left me with 3)

So what can I say In which to help you get it right:
1) Ensure you work in a clean and dust free area. (Paramount)
2) Take no notice of the instructions given and do not use the duster provided to clean the screen (it leaves lint behind). Instead I used one of those little lens cleaning wet wipe sachets to wipe the screen down and then allowed the screen to dry.
3) Ensure you punch out the 2 holes (camera and start button) before you apply the screen.
4) Make sure you line up the protector correctly.I recommend placing the protector dry (with covers still fixed) on the I-Pad in which to be able to gauge how to do it for real.
5) Peel off bottom layer and affix to screen. (Don't worry too much about any bubbles yet)
6) With the top layer still on. Get a credit card, cover it with the yellow duster and use it as a squeegee in which to push any air bubbles to the sides.(It works)
7) Remove top layer.

Hopefully, in following the above instructions , you won't fill your bin with 3 screen protectors like I did. But hey practice makes perfect.
1010 comments|168 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 March 2012
What can you say about a screen guard? Unless you intend to pay a lot of money for specialist types, they either fit or they don't, and they either have decent standard adhesive or they don't. These fit well and my first one went on without any problems. They are a good fit so you have a little leeway around the edges incase you don't get them exactly aligned.

As far as I can tell this one doesn't have any special properties to enhance the retina display. Maybe this affects the clarity, maybe it doesn't, I'm really not sure.

Just some advice for fitting.

Fit in a steamy bathroom after a hot shower. (The air moisture traps the dust in the air).
Before fitting, rub the screen with a finger tip dipped in clean water, and then rub dry (and clean) with the cleaning cloth provided). This gets rid of grease and dust on the screen.
Peal the back an inch at a time, and apply each section as you peal the backing away using a credit card (or something more flexible) to smooth out any bubbles - this way you can make sure you align it properly. If you have ever covered a book with library film you will know exactly what I mean.

Using this technique I find I can get a screen guard on first time and without dust or bubbles.
on 29 August 2010
Great idea, works great, no bubbles, protects my iPad from the kids and does not affect the sensitivity of the screen..... Only thing to be aware of.... Look at the tabs! I fitted the wrong bit and could not understand why it was bubbly and difficult to apply, once I'd looked properly though I realised my error, fitted it correctly and it's perfect. I can imagine the 6 pack will last for ages, I'm on my first one and it's showing no signs of scratching even with the hammering my kids give it! A great buy, well worth it and even covers the scratches I had on the iPad screen before. Arrived very quickly and was also so cheap.
on 20 March 2012
Having already become accustomed to affixing screen protectors to my phone & touch I knew that doing likewise to the iPad 3 was going to be even more taxing. Getting it right really does showcase and protect your iPad.

The reason I ordered a 6 pack is I knew I would make mistakes and it took me 2 attempts (despite already being a little accustomed with similar screens) to get it right.

So what can I say to help you make it as easy as possible....
Work in a clean and dust free are
Push out the 2 holes (camera and start button) before you apply the screen.
Make sure you line up the protector correctly.....I recommend placing the protector with covers still fixed over the iPad to identify exactly where it should be placed.
Peel off bottom layer and affix to screen.....Don't worry too much about bubbles yet
With the top layer still on. Get a credit card, cover it with the yellow duster and use it to push any air bubbles out the edges....this works wonders.
Finally remove the top layer.

I hope these tips prove useful to some of you, even if you do mess up one or two at less than 50p a piece these are a must have item to keep your screen in pristine condition.
on 24 May 2011
Ordered this pack after my iPad picked up a scratch, despite being cosseted beyond measurable belief.

Of the 6 that arrived, 2 were effectively unusable - a long bubble down the middle of the protectors turned out to be defined by two long (but thin) scars in the plastic.

Of the others... The first fitted onto the scratched screen beautifully.

However, apple then replaced my iPad because of the scratch (!), and fitting a protector on the replacement turned out to be an utter nightmare. I discarded 2 after foul-ups on my part. Started off wonky, bubbles, not good enough. A third attempt went on perfectly; but it was then that i discovered the twin scars. A fourth went on superbly; but 3 days later an edge had lifted, creating a 2 inch bubble along the edge that couldn't be squeezed out.

So a week or so later, I've now got the final protector fitted, compete with dual scars, and have put in an order for a second batch of 6.

Obviously theres a compromise between user error and manufacturing error going on here, but it's definitely a good thing that there are 6 to a pack.....
on 7 August 2011
I defy anybody to apply these screens without some airbubble or dust getting trapped behind. I have a clean room at work that is sterile and dust free, yet even then when I apply this cover there are dust particles adhering. They are abviously captured between the films at the production plant, thus rendering the whole process a waste of time. I have decided it is better to enjoy the Ipad au naturale and if I am unfortunate enough to scratch it so be it. At least it is better to have some time with a perfect screen than to apply this cover and then live with imperfections. It is a bit like leaving on the covers on your car seats, don't do it - enjoy the pristine glory of a glass Ipad screen instead!
on 30 April 2012
This product works really well. Any little bubbles you get are easy to remove.
I had previously spent a fortune on an expensive screen protector. This one is much cheaper and works much better.
You also get 6 protectors in the box. So if you mess up you just remove and apply a fresh one.
A good value product that works!
on 13 May 2011
Unlike other reviewers, I have not managed to get a single one of the 6 protectors provided onto the ipad without dust underneath it. Two problems:

1. The material seems to generate a lot of static, so dust (including bits of the cloth provided with the product) got stuck under every one of the 6. When it's from the cloth, it's yellow and can't be removed from the stick underneath. After the first couple of failures I moved to a very clear, well lit surface and still ended up wasting the remaining 4 due to dust mainly off the cloth, but in one case it was debris from the punch-out holes.
2. The front film being removed lifts the protector off the screen, introducing air. One the one attempt that seemed to be successful, which I didn't use their cloth for, but used a piece of card instead, the front film lifted the protector and damn dust got in right in the middle of the screen somehow.

So for me, total waste of money. Might as well have had three pints instead.
on 28 May 2011
Tried every one of the six included screen protectors. Even after tirelessly removing every air bubble none would stick at the very top edge. Obviously not enough glue. Cleaned the iPad screen to within an inch of it's life but still wouldn't stick. Maybe a bad batch. Returned for a refund.
on 20 April 2012
I was left insulted as I read on the packaging "Note any bubbles on the screen are caused by incorrect cleaning of the screen!" All of the screen protectors already had dust on the adhesive side before removing any of the films. Using an anti-static cloth, wearing anti-static gloves, in a slightly humid room my screen still gets thousands of pieces of dust trapped on it. I'm not sure if I just got poorly prepared screen protectors, this seems the case considering other reviews, but I will definitely not be buying these again. Some of the micro fibre clothes had grey marks all over them!