5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!
Published on 29 April 2010 by A. Stevens

2.0 out of 5 stars Shoddy.
Yes, it worked. Briefly. The built in female connector is not to spec, and too large - some cheap, far eastern knock-off, I expect. That means cables fall out whilst transfers are in progress. (It's not a fault with the cable.) If you're uploading from a card this is simply annoying. If you're downloading to the card it can mean having to start all over again...
Published 2 months ago by Sisyphus

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 29 April 2010
A. Stevens (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Belkin Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Universal Media Reader in Black (Electronics)
Typical Belkin quality!. Attractive functional design. Covers ALL major and not so obvious memory cards. Tiny little slot for micro SD cards for mobile 'phones. Driver disc not needed for Windows 7 64-bit. Just plug and play. Very impressive upload speeds. Almost instant. USB lead is of a good length. LED indicators. Great value for money, and you get the Belkin lifetime warranty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and excellent range of card support, 10 Jun. 2010
I shoot a lot of video and stills and have always found it a huge pain to plug the seperate cameras into the computer. But the cameras I use from different brands all use different cards including the now pretty much defunct xD cards. So after doing a lot of research I decided to buy this card reader and I am delighted.

I use ultra fast compact flash, SD cards, memory sticks (all sizes), micro SD, xD cards and all of them plug in and work, even the 32gb ones.

The device itself I plug into the USB port on the monitor and it looks good. It has a little green LED to tell you it is working. You can put it face down if you are not using it for a while to stop dust getting in there. For Windows 7 it is plug and play. I connected it and that was it. All working. I plug a card in and it appears in My Computer as a drive and the auto run menu comes up immediately. It is excellent.

I would seriously recommend this if you use a lot of different memory cards. It is nicely made, well priced and just works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Belkin Card Reader, 8 Jan. 2010
The product is fine as one would expect from Belkin.
However it came with a disc that when loaded onto my machine installed a totally unnecessary programme that was basically an intrusive tracking programme.
I object to such programmes being packaged unneccesarily with a product of this nature.

5.0 out of 5 stars A nifty little fella, 8 Sept. 2009
This piece of equipment is a revelation it's simple to use for the non techno heads like me and it gets the job done quickly and with no fussing about. Simply insert the card in the appropriate port, connect USB cable to computer and bobs your uncle. We need more products like this I say, now if I could only get the tip-ex off of my computer screen................

5.0 out of 5 stars Belkinelkin reader, 25 Nov. 2009
C. N. LINFORD - See all my reviews
I already had a reader, which I thought catered for SDHC cards - it didn't, hence the need to get a new one. From researches via the internet, I found he Belkin reader, which seemed just the job, and so it proved. I did not have to load the accompanying software as I tend to take the memory card from camera to reader & thence, via the USB, into my PC. Very satisfied with the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Card Reader, 25 April 2010
I am very impressed with the product. In the past I have always used really cheap card readers, believing that they are all the same. This reader however is superbly designed, it is very easy to insert cards. It is also very fast, cards mount on the Mac desktop instantly and copying files is much quicker than any reader I have previously used. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little device, 13 April 2010
Solid and well made. You get about 5 new drive letters created for the different media types. I had a slight issue with Windows 7 64bit where the software wouldn't install because of the Windows version, and Windows itself didn't recognise it either. I ended up running the installer in Vista compatibility mode and it works well now.

5.0 out of 5 stars very pleased, 16 Jan. 2010
So nice to have something simple that works without any hassle. I've only used it once so far with a really old large flash card and it worked beautifully. Looks nice too!

5.0 out of 5 stars belkin usb2 Universal Media reader, 1 Oct. 2009
Reads all of my Camera, Video Camera and Wii cards and I consider it to be good value for money. I have never been disappointed with any Belkin product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does What it Says on the Tin, 25 Nov. 2011
MerC "MerC" (Hastings, East Sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I ordered this unit to replace a brand which my Windows 7 system wouldn't recognize. I returned it to Amazon and ordered a Belkin instead. I wish I'd done this at first.
It appears to read most of the main cards still available (CF, Microdrive, SmartMedia, xD, SD, MMC, MiniSD, MS, MS, M2, Micro SDDuo) - I need it for SDHC and SmartMedia. In testing it worked without a hitch. Windows 7 found and installed it immediately. It came with a CD, which has the User Manual and which may be needed to install earlier versions of Windows drivers but is not necessary for Windows 7, and will not install drivers from the CD over the Windows 7.
It is thoughtfully shipped with two cables, which are identical "camera" to USB except for length, (28cm & 1m 50cm) and which plug into any USB port (the one I use for this unit is USB 2) without complaint. Being black with a white fascia, it matches my TP Link Router (a nice plus!). It also works when plugged directly into the front USB port of a Panasonic DMP-BD75EB-K BluRay player.
Don't you just love it when something works out of the box and as described?