5.0 out of 5 stars Wheeee!!
Published on 19 July 2012 by Neal Dowsett

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Tyre - carry a spare tube!
Comfortable, easy going tyre that rolls well and is quite light.

Carry a spare tube, you WILL get punctures with this tyre. It's width makes it quite puncture prone; as well as its rather weak puncture protection belt.

Published on 17 April 2012 by Vladimir

5.0 out of 5 stars Wheeee!!, 19 July 2012
Neal Dowsett (Warington UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Schwalbe Kojak 26 X 2.00 Wired Tyre with Raceguard Black- Skin 570g (50-559) (Sports)
I've been riding on these tyres pretty much daily for about five months, and I love them. They are fast rolling (knocked a good few minutes off my 8 mile commute)and PROPERLY puncture-resistant. I have picked shards of glass,stone and metal out of these which would have just shredded my previous slicks. So far nothing has managed to get through the puncture protection layer. They are also nice and grippy, even in the wet, and the big air capacity means that they smooth out the bumps and give a more comfortable ride than most slicks.Did I mention that they look fantastic? Narrow slicks on an MTB style bike just look silly. These are big and fat, with subtle styling and reflective lettering.They look the Bees-knees.The only downside is that they are heavy. You'll feel yourself working a bit harder to accelerate, but then again,once you get up to speed it's easier to maintain, so the trade-off is well worthwhile. It should go without saying that these are slick tyres for use on the road. Don't expect them to work off-road. They can handle gravel or hard-pack to some extent, but if you ride them into mud, you WILL fall over.Just get some- you'll never look back.
*edit* As of March 2014, I have now been riding on these tyres for over two years, and still no punctures. Not one. Surprisingly, they also look pretty much unworn- even the reflective chequerboard design is still intact. Having spent a few years as a London cycle courier, and still riding daily many years on, I have ridden on a lot of tyres, including quite a few slicks and these are the best I have ever used by miles. They are just fantastic value.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best slicks money can buy., 29 July 2013
I used to use Specialised Nimbus on my Cannondale Badboy Ultra which were good. I bought the Kojak's after reading the reviews on here and I can say they look better on the bike and perform much better. My ride takes me through the country lanes which are always littered with stones and glass. Theses tyres can take it all. I've not had any problems or punctures so far. The rolling resistance is much better than the Nimbus which gives greater speed. If anybody is looking for a commuter or general road use tyre you can't buy any better than the Kojak.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy for trainer!, 17 Feb 2013
Nice tyre. Bought it for trainer use. Does the job well. Might get one for the front and try on the road. A pig to get on though. Good buy overall.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fastest Puncture Resistant Tyre, 31 July 2012
I wont use anything else on tarmac. Makes my commute easy and fast enough to takeo n roadies. Lots of cuts all over from glass but nothing penetrating the sesond skin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 30 July 2012
Mr. R. Smith "ray207" (lincs england) - See all my reviews
This tyre is perfect for the task I have for it, which is to silence my turbo trainer. Riding as hard as I can my wife cannot hear it whilst she is standing just outside the garage.

4.0 out of 5 stars schwalbe kojak, 15 Jun 2014
A few weeks only on the Kojak. They are what is announced. Good. But I also think there are alternatives around, at a better price. Beautiful in my bike though.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Tyre - carry a spare tube!, 17 April 2012
Comfortable, easy going tyre that rolls well and is quite light.

I will be using this tyre again, but on the front this time - less chance of punctures and this tyre is rather grippy, which is a brilliant attribute for a front tyre to have.

Pros:
rolls well (slick)
lightweight (slick)
grips well (slick)
comfortable (large volume)

Con:
Punctures aplenty!