on 10 July 2010
Here's a review of the Gembird Mic as well as the Exeze Pico Mic Exeze Pico 3.5mm Mini Microphone Black so you can hear the original sound quality of both these mics.
I believe it's clear which produces clearer, better sound...
55 comments| 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 May 2010
I bought an Acer laptop with built in webcam but didn't notice it was missing a microphone! This little travel microphone was just the job - inexpensive and does what it says on the tin.
on 18 July 2010
Purchased this microphone due to the fact that the Acer Laptop that came with a webcam does not have a microphone as standard. However after checking several reviews for this microphone I decided to purchase a couple as they were reasonably priced. They plug straight into the socket with no trailing wires but at the same time very small to slot into the pen pocket in the laptop case. With regards to the microphone pick up, we found that to be very good; we use it for Skype and the sound quality is good. Well worth purchasing - recommended.
on 9 March 2009
Excellent good value mic - clear sound - is used outdoors regularly with skype - tried other more expensive systems and they are a pain.
I can use this all around the office and continue my conversation easily.
a good alternative to head sets and wires - desk much tidier.
on 17 April 2012
I have tried 3 different mini microphones recently for use with my Acer A500 android tablet:

NEEWER Mini 3.5mm Flexible Microphone Mic for PC Laptop Skype

NEW! Gembird MIC-222 Compact Notebook Microphone

Mini MIC Microphone for Laptop Notebook SKYPE MSN VoiP PC ICQ

All three gave different results.

The first was the cheapest, the most robust, and best built. And gave by far superior results than the other two

When I say superior this is in regard to quality of the recording. There was little or no hum/hiss on any of the videos I shot, the audio was a little quieter than the other two but was MUCH cleaner.

If I was in a very noisy environment the last two would be completely useless. Yes they do pick up more audio but the quality is awful and on all video's shot there is a very noticable hum.

If I was pushed to say which was 2nd best I would have to say the NEW! Gembird MIC-222 Compact Notebook Microphone. This mic did perform slightly better than the last mic and was of a higher build quality.

I have only tested the above mics on my tablet and no other hardware so you may experience different results to myself..
on 20 January 2010
Great little mic. I have it plugged in to the front audio jack on my desktop PC. And it doesn't just work with XP and Vista, I'm running windows 7 and its voice recognition program and it works brilliantly! Much better than having another cable and item cluttering up my desk. You don't have to be sitting over it for it to pick up your voice either. For the price you can't go wrong with this little mic.
on 11 February 2009
I initially thought this microphone was no good - I tested it on my desktop PC and just got buzzing and barely audible voice. I think this was mostly down to the noise and vibration from the PC fan.

On my laptop, it works fine - it easily picks up a quiet speaking voice, clearly, from several feet away. It's hardly broadcast quality, but for the price I have no complaints!
on 20 January 2014
It's a goodish it has good sound quality the main problem is you have to speak directly into it! Having a laptop means this is virtually useless because I can't skype or all the person will see is the top of my head! If I knew it was like this probably wouldn't have got it. I'm n
on 7 March 2014
Tried this with a 40 minute long Skype conversation to an expert in their field (education) so as a first test with a very inexpensive bit of kit I found it faultless and apparently crystal clear at the receiving end. Nothing to lose at this price!
on 21 January 2009
It's great. So small and useful. I did'n sxpect to work so good. For this muney ........I love it!!!