on 30 December 2008
At first I thought this game would be too difficult for my 5 yr old, but after spending a little time with it, I realised its potential. To start the questions seem quite tricky, but I think this promotes parent interation during this part of game. Once you get passed the first set of questions your child is then encouraged to use it daily to achieve extra quiz, story or game bonus levels. These are aimed more at the child to play alone and are quite simple. My son especially likes practicing his hand writing and then rubbing it out which is a real bonus! Well worth the reasonable price.
0Comment| 124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 December 2008
This is a good brain training game for children . It would be too complicated for young children but in my opinion suitable for ages 8 and up to 11. It is good fun as well as being educational.
on 24 August 2009
My five-year-old daughter was keen to have her own game for my Nintendo DS, and we tried a Barbie game which involved lots of jumping about and getting eaten by things, but not really understanding what we were meant to be achieving. This is much better: she has five challenges to complete daily before unlocking another activity, and has made good progress with sorting numbers into numerical order, working out greater than or less than, putting words into alphabetical order, rearranging words into alphabetical order. She gets a bit frustrated with some of the other activities, but enjoys her five daily challenges. It is also politer than the grown-up versions, and doesn't tell you off if you miss a few days!
on 3 January 2009
I wasn't too sure about getting this game as it stated for 6 year olds and above. It was well worth the gamble my five year old daughter did struggle at first but with my help, she is winning. It is very hard at first but my daughter has excelled at it. From it being challenging it has made her try harder!!!! My four year old son couldn't understand it though. The only CON is that you can only gain a bonus activity per day, hopefully by the end of the month she should have opened lots of activities!!!!

An excellent educational game for when school is closed!!!!!
on 3 February 2009
Having read several of the reviews on Junior Brain Trainer I thought it worth pointing out the difference between the 6 - 11 age range in the product description and the 3+ PEGI logo on the front of the packaging.

The Pan-European Game Information (PEGI) age rating system was established to help European parents make informed decisions on buying computer games. It was launched in spring 2003 and replaced some national age rating systems with a single system now used throughout most of Europe.

What do the labels mean?

PEGI age rating labels appear on front and back of the packaging at one of the following age levels - 3+, 7+, 12+, 16+ and 18+. They provide a reliable indication of the suitability of the game CONTENT in terms of protection of minors. The age rating DOES NOT take into account the DIFFICULTY LEVEL or SKILLS required to play a game.

PEGI 3+ - The content of games given this rating is considered suitable for all age groups. Some violence in a comical context (typically Bugs Bunny or Tom & Jerry cartoon-like forms of violence) is acceptable. The child should not be able to associate the character on the screen with real life characters, they should be totally fantasy. The game should not contain any sounds or pictures that are likely to scare or frighten young children. No bad language should be heard and there should be no scenes containing nudity nor any referring to sexual activity.

My 8 year old daughter and 10 year old son both play this game and both find it equally challenging!

Highly recommended!

Quick update, have just got Junior Classic Games Junior Classic Games (Nintendo DS) for my daughter off the back of an email suggesting I might also like it, and she thinks it's great.
on 7 January 2009
I have two sons, aged 7 and 12, and both have played this for some time over the Christmas period. Although the presentation and mini games seem to be aimed at a younger age group, which suits my 7 year old, the challenges and quizes are quite tough, which is better for my 12 year old. Some, even I struggle to do, and I'm 40:0) In all, this is a cracking title, and apart from the annoying music (which seems to be present in every DS game aimed at kids), I don't hear a peep out of them when they're playing it, and I know they're doing something more 'worthy' than some of the other DS games they play. I've seen some comments about it being too hard, but that's nothing compared to some of the homework my sons come home with, so I'm happy to help them on this game too!
on 14 March 2009
I bought this for my 9 year old son. He finds it easy to use and great fun. He uses it nearly every day. It covers a lot of what they do in school and some some of the rewards are educational too i.e. a story for them to read or hangman. On first use the child is asked to put in their date of birth so the game is age appropriate and aimed at the level they should be at in school. Overall the 'game' is fun.
on 16 March 2009
I bought this game for my 6-year old son. It's not immediately clear from the screen how to work the system, but the instruction booklet is helpful. I like the way that he has to complete 5 exercises correctly in order to win access to a game, and the exercises do help him practise maths, grammar, spelling etc. I'd say the icons are a little babyish especially for a boy (cutesy squirrels etc). It's the kind of game that you don't mind them playing because they'll be learning at the same time, and because they're not able to get straight into the games they won't be playing on it for hours. Good for age 6 upwards, helps them learn and have fun at the same time!
on 9 January 2009
This game is great - my six year old and I love it, yes at first it's a little tricky for the younger ones, but we sit and do it together and he soon gets the hang of what he's supposed to do, it is supposed to last them a few years after all!
A great way to get the grey matter working without being homework!
on 26 March 2009
There is some activities on this game that my child can't do but why would you buy a brain training game if your child can do all the activites. My child has had this game about a month and a half and I can see she has improved on some of the activites already. The downfall is that unlike other brain training game you can't choose what activites you can practise on, the game select what five activities you can do.