Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 7 January 2013
What I particularly like about Eliane is the wide range of styles that she covers, although I could appreciate that this may not be to all her fans' taste. I am so thankful that I seem to love whatever she does. My first two CDs by her were club jazz, but here she wanders into more main stream stuff. She doesn't lose the Latin American flavour though ("Call Me", "Baubles, Bangles and Beads", "Tangerine" and "Dreamer" in particular, and of course Doralice) and I tend to think of this CD in the same vein as "Bosa Nova Stories". Favourite tracks? Hard choice but I like "Call Me", the wonderfully atmospheric "Photograph", "That's All", "Tangerine" (very energetic!), and "Dreamer". I particularly liked her instrumental rendering of Dionne Warwick's classic "A House Is Not A Home". And then there is "Time Alone" - very mellow, wonderful tinkly piano with the bass beautifully complimenting - lie back, close your eyes and gently drift away. Another "must buy" if you are an Eliane fan.
on 18 June 2011
This album is like getting into a warm bath after a long day. I'm not absolutely convinced by the two original songs in this set but they're pleasant. The others, though, are gorgeous, and 'Baubles, Bangles and Beads' is one of those songs you'd like to go on forever. Lush strings, languid vocals, great piano, lovely tunes. I have the 'Bossa Nova Stories' album as well and it's very good but this one has the edge.
on 5 June 2011
I consistently come back to this album for guaranteed relaxation. I just love her voice and smooth sound. I don't have any other albums by this artist, but would defn recommend this one.
on 6 March 2013
Eliane Elias' version of 'A House is not a Home' is simple beautiful. The remainder of the tracks are also superb.
on 13 May 2013
If you like slow cool sultry jazz then you'll like this ..her follow up cd is good to 'around then city'.
on 12 May 2015
My husband is a big fan of female jazz singers in the mold of Diana Krall and he says Eliane Elias is as good. Dreamer is great late night listening!
on 21 November 2014
Hi Amazon.
5star says it all FABULOUS MORE.
bye amazon...
on 1 February 2015
good album to relax to for all bossa nova fans
on 3 July 2015
Great Listen to this regularly.
on 21 April 2015