5.0 out of 5 stars 345 WONDERFUL!!!!!!!
Published on 8 Aug 2002 by Vivian Olvera

2.0 out of 5 stars This copter's been grounded
Like other reviewers here I bought this without hearing anything from it before but unlike them I was left feeling a bit let down (that'll teach me). Uninspiring tunes,flat and listless vocals and a general sense of underachievement,only a couple of tracks earned this an extra star. This Helicopter Girl just doesnt fly high enough for me.
Published on 14 Sep 2000 by Stephen Kent

5.0 out of 5 stars 345 WONDERFUL!!!!!!!, 8 Aug 2002
Vivian Olvera (Beaumont, California) - See all my reviews
I first came across Helicopter Girl accidently in a song she did with Rod Stewart. When I heard her voice, I had to know who she was. Did she have more music? I researched her and found her album "How To Steal The World". I haven't stop listening to it yet. I've introduced it to many of my friends, who also find it a wonderful experience. I recommend this album to everyone who enjoys the best of music. She's remarkable.

5.0 out of 5 stars It took me by surprise, 5 Sep 2000
By A Customer
When I bought this album it was like the time I bought Macy Gray's album - having not heard anything by either singers but buying off the strength of the reviews, I was totally shocked by their voices.
Helicopter Girl has a rather high pitched voice and gives a wonderful sense of atmosphere on tracks such as the wonderful Satan's Seventh Bride, Escape Cloud and Cry Mississippi.
I urge you to buy this now!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Groover and a Grower!, 6 Sep 2000
b-jeffs@nwu.edu (Chicago, USA via Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Bought this on speck, gave it one listen, put it back in the box and forgot about it. Recently re-discovered it, put it on in the background and several hours later - WOW! You can't fault any track, all are so carefully multilayered and deceptively simple, beautiful even. Everybody should hear it - it warms the cockles!

5.0 out of 5 stars purrrrfect!, 31 July 2000
By A Customer
Helicopter Girl purrs and mews her way through "How To Steal The World", rubbing herself against your audio sensors...at the same time conveying a profound message about individuality and finding your real self! Outstanding tracks include the gloriously languid yet arresting "Glove Compartment" and the curiously atmospheric "Satan's seventh bride"...is it autobiographical? It is a rare event to listen to such an intriguingly original album...she wears her influences on her sleeve yet manages to translate them into her own unique style, effectively standing on the shoulders of a giant like Eartha Kitt. An outstanding track is the hosiery-inspired "Putin Circle Stockings"....may this be the first of many croonfests!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunningly new music, 12 July 2000
Bought this one out of chance - i was feeling experimental, and boy was i lucky
How to steal... is a gem of an album. Its a wide expansive sweep through the musical talents of jackie joyce, who is certainly destined to be big.
It reminds me an awful lot of morcheeba's big calm - its got he same trip-hop happy vibes, with a dark sharpness to it.
Buy it Now...

5.0 out of 5 stars A real find!, 8 Jun 2000
By A Customer
Glad I heard about this one- Helicopter girl is a nice blend of trip hop, jazz and r&b, whipped up into a delicious goo. The melodies are daringly original, the beat is infectiously rhythmic and her voice is like molasses. A splendid debut. Definitely one you'll want to bring out when your friends come over.

2.0 out of 5 stars This copter's been grounded, 14 Sep 2000