5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful and brilliant...
This is my favourite album of all time, bar none. I was already a fan of Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson, and to an extent Waylon Jennings, but after buying this album I have grown to appreciate all four of these legends for their incredible contribution to music.

Many of the songs feature each individual singing a verse alternately and then combine for the...
Published on 25 Aug 2006 by Mr Hollywood

3.0 out of 5 stars An Aquired Taste
Mustn't sound negative actually about this compilation as I have loved listening to it, but it is a tad depressing and very sort of trad Country stuff. Having said that it was a bargain price, and it will get played on long journeys !
Published on 12 Jan 2012 by Borisdog

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasure, 30 Aug 2009
Mrs. Jean Robinson "Little Jean" (Sunbury England) - See all my reviews
I can not fault this item. Absolutely fantastic. Played it over and over again. If you love country music this is one for your collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars Introspective collection of great music, 1 Aug 2009
J. M. Salinas (London, UK) - See all my reviews
So four of country's all time greats get together, and you get what?. Well, brilliance, in short.

The guys get together and reinterpret some of their own songs to great effect. The voices come together fantastially well, trading off each other and adding multiple dimensions to previously fairly flat songs.

For me, the jewel of the crown in this collection is Silver Stallion. Now, if you listen to this song and don't feel like getting a motorbike and riding away from your life, then you are dead or clinically insane. It's scientific, it is THAT good.

And I think there is a DVD out there as well. Well, what are you waiting for, get them both!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars An Aquired Taste, 12 Jan 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars Four Country Superstars, 7 Mar 2010
S. Terry (Southampton) - See all my reviews
I bought this as an introduction to four country greats, they are great together however the songs are safe and predictable and easy to listen to without stretching their individual talents; pleasing but not memorable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic Highwaymen, 5 Oct 2009
G. Moore (Burnie, Tasmania Australia) - See all my reviews
This is a classic album with four of the best country stars of all time. I love the way that despite what must be some serious ego's they work so well together and make the listener part of their enjoyment. The album has been around for a long time now but well worth a listen if you have not already heard it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four great voices, 17 Aug 2009
D. S. Hadland (W.Mids England) - See all my reviews
Loved this album, great mix of songs. If you have never bought a Highwaymen album before I would recommend this one to you, it gives good idea of what these guys are about. I have always loved to listen to these guys sing and when you put them together on one album its pure magic. Try it - these Highwaymen will steal your heart away..

5.0 out of 5 stars "Must have!", 11 July 2009
You have to add this to your collection - the title track will haunt you & nowhere else will you ever find such a combination of shere talent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional CD, 9 July 2009
H. M. Pilott "Maggiepie" (Pembrokeshire, Wales) - See all my reviews
This is just about the best CD I own.
Almost all the songs are great, and though I didn't know all of them before purchasing this CD, the more I play it, the more I like it.
Johnny Cash has always been a favourite of mine, but this is a bit different from his usual records. To be fair he does tend to be a bit gloomy and dark at times, but the combination of the four voices lifts the tone.
I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Country at its best, 22 April 2001
With 4 Mega stars of country on one disc im surprised it stayed in the box, With the unique voices of waylon jennigns, johhny cash, willie neslon and kris krisofferson together you are given a country experience that you wont find on any other complation with songs such as highway man feturing on the greatest hits of each artist you wont be disopointed with songs such as today jim i wore a tie and also the feeling in the last cowboy song. and to quote a song line "ill be back again" (highwayman) I hope they will and soon!!! in short a feast and a must have for any country Fan.

3.0 out of 5 stars If you can get it cheap it's worth it for the opening song, 7 July 2014
S. Clarke (Loughborough uk) - See all my reviews
I bought this soley for the song highwayman as it was cheap.

I like country music and I am a big fan of the four legends performing on this album. If you are a casual listerner and have no specific music genre to call your own (I would class myself in this bracket) then this probably isn't the best album to buy. Yes it is a good album. I like most of the songs but in my opinion there are some poor ones on there also.

If you are new to the genre then you'd proabbly be better off giving this a wide birth and looking for a multi artist compleation instead.

As mentioned I like highwayman which is there but some of the other songs I really like and I know this quartet performed arent. I knew this before I purchased but I was hoping all the songs I didn't know where as good as some of the ones I did (ghost riders in the sky, don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys) and sadly they're not.

overall a nice collection of songs but I find no.1 gets repeated and the rest largely gets ignored.

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›