5.0 out of 5 stars il divo - bravo
I first saw this magnificent group on Parkinson singing Regresa A Mi and was instantly captivated by them, so much so that I phoned Simon Cowell's record company to ask when the single was going to be released. I was told that the album was being released on the 1st Nov so rushed out to buy it as soon as it was on sale.
I have never been so impressed with an album,...
Published on 9 Nov. 2004 by tracy

3.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre
This is a multinational operatic pop vocal group created by reality TV star Simon Cowell. Formed in the United Kingdom. They are a group of four male singers: Spanish baritone Carlos Marin, Swiss tenor Urs Buhler, American tenor David Miller, and French pop singer Sebastien Izambard.
The group sing in English, Italian, Spanish, French, and Latin, and were named the...
Published on 29 Feb. 2012 by Lewis

5.0 out of 5 stars il divo - bravo, 9 Nov. 2004
This review is from: Il Divo (Audio CD)
I have never been so impressed with an album, even though I don't understand the songs sung in Italian and Spanish - I don't need to know what the words are because the passion and emotion in the songs say it all.
Mama is a classic, I wept when I heard it the first time, Passera is so beautiful, the arrangements on all the songs are superb. It is so rare for me to listen to an entire cd without skipping a couple of songs but I have listened to this entire album now more times than I can count.
I have bought this cd as christmas presents for my mum, sisters and a couple of good friends.
Bravo Il Divo

5.0 out of 5 stars The best four tenors in the world!, 24 May 2006
TIFFANY (GAITHERSBURG, MD.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Il Divo (Audio CD)
Thank you Simon Cowell for bring 4 great musicians together! I hope people will understand now why Simon Cowell has such high

standards because he discovers only THE BEST! I listen to Ancora

every night before I retire. The song Mama has been a great help in my healing process as I am grieving for my beloved Mom who died on Thanksgiving day of 2005!Thank you to Carlos, David,Sebastien and Urs for your amazing voices.You guys are

brilliant and I am your biggest fan from Hong Kong!!I may not

understand Spanish or Italian, but, I can truly FEEL THE MUSIC

WITH MY HEART & SOUL!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars SIMPLY THE BEST, 6 Nov. 2004
This review is from: Il Divo (Audio CD)
I received this CD yesterday and just have to say that I was blown away with this group. Ususally on any CD there are a few numbers that I would flip through but not on this one. I love every selection on this CD and love the blend of their fabulous voices. Would highly recommend this CD. Thanks Simon and thanks Amazon for your fast service across the pond.
Elizabeth
Ottawa, Canada

5.0 out of 5 stars Sent Down From The Heavens!, 6 Aug. 2006
Angel of Urs (Staffordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Il Divo (Audio CD)
Il Divo are my absolute all time favourite band, all four singers: Urs, Carlos, David and Sebestian are the most beautiful men on earth and have the voices of angels.

This album is beautiful, and every song is absolutely stunning despite the fact that only two of them are in English *Everytime I Look At You* and *Mama*.

The rest of the songs are either Spanish or Italian. MY favourite songs are: Passera, Ti Amero and Feelings.

Unfortunately the CD's do not come with the translated lyrics but they can be found on the Il Divo website, [...] which I might recommend is well worth a visit.

Overall this album is absolutely fantastic, voices are stunning and perfectly harmonised. They go together better than bread and butter and the ways the songs are split into four-piece harmonies is amazing.

Recommended to anyone of any age...after all I'm only 16 and this band are my life!

I HAVE SEEN THEM TWICE LIVE AND THEY ARE FANTASTIC...IF YOU GET THE CHANCE GO AND SEE THEM...YOU WILL BE IN LOVE FOREVER!

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely fantastic!, 22 Nov. 2004
sara (Leeds, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Il Divo (Audio CD)
i first saw these guys on classic FM tv and i was absolutely captivated by them, so obviously i bought the album straight away when it was released.
Every single song on the cd is amazing, the way the voices blend and the harmoies they create are truly wonderful to listen to. My personal favourite is Te Amero, but every single song is beautiful in its own right.
I defy anybody to listen to this album and not be impressed by what they hear, it is a fantastic debut album and i cant wait for the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars There is no word to describe how brilliant this is..., 1 Dec. 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Il Divo (Audio CD)
I know this is rated as 5 stars, but i think it should have 6!
I first saw this group on Parkinson and was only enticed to search for the album after seeing them on Children In Need. This Album is absolutely incredible from start to finish. Each song is just as good as the one before it. I find it difficult to find words to describe how brilliant this album is. Its nice to be able to get music to this standard. Each song gives you a buzz, like the first time you heard it. I found it is best to listen to it at a higher volume than normal, as you really get the proper effect that way.
I would reccommend this to absolutely anyone, a very much doubt that you would be dissapointed with it, i most certainly was not!
Well Done Il Divo! Bravo!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars relaxing and uplifting, 24 Mar. 2005
This review is from: Il Divo (Audio CD)
I ordered this cd pre-release date after seeing the guys on GMTV & Parky. Simon Cowell certainly knew what he was doing when he put these 4 together they look and sound fantastic and are so professional. Their voices relax my when i'm stressed, and uplift me when i'm sad. Cant wait for their next cd to come out later this year.
Anyone else who likes the guys and not yet been to their website they have a really good forum where they post regular personal messages and keep the fans updated, just waiting for the tour dates to be released.

5.0 out of 5 stars il fantastico, 2 Nov. 2004
This review is from: Il Divo (Audio CD)
I bought this the day it came out (yesterday) along with other women of a certain age, we had to ask for it. It will be a bestseller and it will surely get to number one. As one lady said they are easy on the eye and good to listen too. I would use other words, but they are brilliant. It is clear they are trained singers and every song is sung beautifully. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. My husband thought it was good but not fast enough, he didn't really get it. Wonderful

5.0 out of 5 stars outstanding, 21 Aug. 2005
This review is from: Il Divo (Audio CD)
i think this album is outstanding listening and really heals the rift between opera and popular music these four impeccably trained men's voices conjour up the romantic soul in everyone and brought shivers even to the hardest of cynics. i recommend this album to anyone every single song is worth listening to and is polished with finesse. amazing i love the whole album and cannot stop listening to it or telling my friends about it! well done!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great CD - Shame about Macrovision Copy Protection, 5 Dec. 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Il Divo (Audio CD)
Maybe my friends would say that old age has crept up on me, but I liked this album a lot - hence 4 stars. These guys can sing. Anyway, enough of that, other reviews give the (excellent) music it's due.
My problem is with the Macrovision copy protection that makes you install Macrovision player software on your PC to play the music without annoying clicks. The encrypted CD stops you making MP3's of it to play in your MP3 player when you go to the gym or to play in your MP3 car CD player. Hey, I paid money for the genuine version, I want to listen to it where and when I want to.
We should be warned when CD's contain this.

Il Divo