4.0 out of 5 stars Works well- but a little niggle
This light does what it says on the packet - and does it well. The 'chase' setting is quite eye-catching even at a distance, which is what we want, isn't it?

Published on 24 Jun. 2010 by Pedalling Pensioner

2.0 out of 5 stars Light for bike rack
I have a commuting bike and have a bike rack for a bag on the back. This makes it impossible to get rear lights that attached to the seat stem as they will not fit.

Firstly this light fits excellently to the rear of the pannier/rack and was very easy to fit.

Published on 13 Feb. 2011 by S. Tarbitt

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well- but a little niggle, 24 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Torch LA4055 5 LED Carrier Fit Rear Bike Light (Sports)

My 'little niggle' concerns the design. Replacing batteries means unclipping the lens from the mount. A small coin does the job. Between the lens and the mount there is a thin red plastic gasket. This isn't actually attached in any way and, on a cold wet night when the batteries die (they know, don't they?), this gasket is going to go missing. The clip doesn't work without it, so I have fixed the gasket in place with a couple of v small spots of superglue.

A bit more thought needed when the next version is put together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job for fitting to a flat back plate., 6 July 2009
This review is from: Torch LA4055 5 LED Carrier Fit Rear Bike Light (Sports)
If you have a rear pannier rack that ends in a flat back plate, this is the LED for you! There are probably other 'bulkhead' fitting rear cycle lights, but if so I couldn't find any. Looks very neat and professional, and is an excellent rear light too.

2.0 out of 5 stars Light for bike rack, 13 Feb. 2011
S. Tarbitt (Northumberland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Torch LA4055 5 LED Carrier Fit Rear Bike Light (Sports)

However a slight update to my original review. Although this light is great, it does have a tendency of "popping off" if you bump the back wheel up/down a kerb. To give you perspective I have a hybrid bike so cannot hammer up and down kerbs as the tyres are thin road tyres meaning I have to take my time - yet at least 2 out of 5 journeys result in the plastic cover of this light springing off and I just hear a clatter as it hits the ground.

I have had this light about 10 months and up until now I have managed to get off my bike and reattach the cover - it is robust and had not broken. Well - until tonight when the cover popped off again as I crossed a side road. Unfortunately in the time it took to get off my bike I turned to see a car turn into the street and run straight over ther cover totally destroying it.

So, if you do NOT go up/down kerbs or bumps this is perfect for you. However if your journey results in an even occasion kerb I would unfortunately avoid this item otherwise you will be replacing this item like I am going to have to do now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Battery info! 2 x AAA, 7 Jan. 2013
SnorkelParka (Norwich, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Torch LA4055 5 LED Carrier Fit Rear Bike Light (Sports)
This appears to be exactly what I was looking for. I took a punt as the reviews were good despite the lack of info regarding batteries. This unit takes TWO AAA batteries. Thought others might like to know.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok as long as you never go over bumps!, 30 Jun. 2012
Mr. J. P. Blunkell (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Torch LA4055 5 LED Carrier Fit Rear Bike Light (Sports)
Came off on the first bump I encountered, and at least twice since. What could of been a cheap and easy to fit light is now on its way to the trash.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cover falls off - poor design, 2 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Torch LA4055 5 LED Carrier Fit Rear Bike Light (Sports)
The red plastic cover fell off on my fourth ride with this light when I went over a bump. Unfortunately it was immediately smashed to pieces by a car. With hindsight I should have put an elastic band round it as I had noticed it was a loose fit when I first got it. Really though it should be designed better for use on bikes. Even a single screw would have held the cover on better. Great as a disco light though!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good light., 6 Mar. 2013
Richard O'donovan (Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Torch LA4055 5 LED Carrier Fit Rear Bike Light (Sports)
This attaches very securely to my back rack, so I don't need to bother taking it off when I leave my bike locked in town. It's also very bright, and has a flashing mode that always keeps at least two LEDs on at a time, so you can have the advantages of flashing, without making you harder to keep track of.
Others have said that they found the cover came off too easily, I thought this at first, as it can be pulled off with just fingernails, however, It needs the force to be applied at one end, so I've never had it come off while cycling, even over curbs and bumps on my bike which has no suspension.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good (edit: No longer recommended), 7 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Torch LA4055 5 LED Carrier Fit Rear Bike Light (Sports)
Overall, a good product, although I've had two minor problems.

The first was that I initially had it mounted upside-down as it seemed to fit better on my rack, and I found that it randomly turned off by itself. Obviously not good for a rear light! Turning it up the other way seems to have solved this so not really a problem - just something to look out for in case it happens to other people.

The other is that it IS possible for it to slide off the clip and fall out! This happened when I had something on my rack which was somehow bumping against the light, and suddenly after riding for half an hour I heard a noise and saw my light in pieces all over the road. HOWEVER I put it back together and it worked fine so that's good in itself. A bit of care when putting things on top of my rack seems to have solved this.

Overall it's nice and bright and I would recommend it.

Edit: After using this for longer I can no longer recommend it. My light continually turns itself off while riding. I have no idea why but this is rather a large problem for a rear light! I'm not sure if it's just my example but it's definitely a fault.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Torch LA4055 5 LED Carrier Fit Rear Bike Light (Sports)
Excellent product at the right price, if fitted to the "M" wave box try fitting it upside down, apart from the word "torch" being upside down, much easier to switch on & off even with gloves on.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money & not fit for purpose, 5 April 2011
This review is from: Torch LA4055 5 LED Carrier Fit Rear Bike Light (Sports)
I bought this hoping for a well made product that would stand up to the rigours of being used on a bike. Wrong! Merely trying to install it on the bike and it fell to pieces. I was trying to pull out the plastic battery tab so that the included batteries would engage but the whole assembly fell apart! Not very good for something that is supposed to be robust enough to handle going over bumps and potholes. Apart from that, the reflector bit is really small that I doubt it will be effective. The leds don't look that bright either. All in all, a poor effort and I have, unsurprisingly, returned it for a refund. Thanks Amazon for the quick delivery and return process.