5.0 out of 5 stars How B-Day should have been first time round!
Published on 4 April 2007 by D. Ashtiany

2.0 out of 5 stars An improvement
An improvement on a lame album, but still not worth the 6 I saw it on sale at HMV for. Excellent Beautiful Liar, more Shakira's sound then Beyoncé - but great! Buy the few goods songs on itune and give this album a miss.
Published on 9 July 2007 by Clark Kent

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars How B-Day should have been first time round!, 4 April 2007
If you were a little disappointed by B-Day when it was initially relesaed then this deluxe edition should make up for it! The new tracks are great additions including the new single Beautiful Liar with Shakira and the brilliant new World Wide Woman and Flaws & All. Likewise the DVD is genius. Beyonce is the first artist to do a video for practially each track on an album and i can guarantee that she won't be the last. All the videos are a high quality and incorporate beyonce's trademark choreography and high fashion. In particular Flaws and All, Freakum Dress and Get Me Bodied ft. Solange and Kelly & Michelle from Destiny's Child are standout videos.

Just buy it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, 8 Oct 2009
This review is from: B'Day Deluxe Edition (Audio CD)
For any Beyonce fan out there this is a "Must Have" album, I have been lucky enough to have seen "Beyonce" live in concert and I am a big fan of her music, I think this album has some of her best tracks on. I highly recommend purchasing this Album, you won't regret it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Album in History!, 11 July 2009
Mr. S. Iles "sam" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: B'Day Deluxe Edition (Audio CD)
This is a completely amazing and flawless album.

This is the album that made Beyonce so famous - but this comes with a DVD with all the music videos on and makes for an incredible bargin.

With the catchy up-tempo songs like Green Light to amazing slower songs like Irreplaceable and Flaws and All, this album has everything and I am sure all people will love it.

If you like music, you must buy this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album from Beyonce, 3 Sep 2009
This review is from: B'Day Deluxe Edition (Audio CD)
Love this album and songs on it. It`s far better than Dangerously in love and it`s very listenable.

5.0 out of 5 stars B'Day Deluxe Edition, 23 April 2007
This review is from: B'day (Deluxe Edition) (Audio CD)
B'Day was not a very good album B4 but now it is great album with 7 new tracks 12 great videos it is like one cd album and a dvd album including the #1 singles beautiful liar and deja vu suga mama is a good video but the best one is beautiful liar 10/10 must buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got it right in the end..., 18 May 2007
The 5 stars are for the fact that it's a brilliant album. I didn't buy the original B'day CD, but I know what the Deluxe package additions are, and I do think that without the extra songs, I would have been very disappointed.

I do feel the need, however, to moan. What does this say to the hoards of Beyonce's loyal fans who rushed out and bought B'day on the day it came out? They got the rubbish deal. They got a short, obviously incomplete album, just to have a slap in their face by a new improved version released months later. Is that fair? I don't think so.

It's not that I don't understand why they do it, it's obvious. When the fans have all bought the CD, they need to find a way to coax the people into buying it who had perhaps already decided not to bother, and boost the sales a bit more with a deluxe edition that will encourage these people to give the album a go who otherwise wouldn't have.

This time, I wasn't conned because I waited before buying this. But very often I do get ripped off by re-releases. Mariah Carey's 'Emancipation Of Mimi' springs to mind. I bought the CD, and literally a matter of WEEKS later, the new improved version was released with extra tracks and the newest single tacked on to the end as well. I wanted the extra tracks, but I haven't bought the new version on principle.

I shouldn't have to buy the same album twice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent album!, 29 April 2007
Sam "kingathon" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: B'day (Deluxe Edition) (Audio CD)
I genuinely feel sorry for those fans who bought the ordinary B'Day version when it was first released, as the tracks from that album are often, in my opinion, weaker than the extra ones released in this superb Deluxe Edition:

1.Beautiful Liar-One of the best pop songs I have heard in a long time- catchy and superbly sung. 10/10

2.Irreplaceable-A true gem of a ballad, really, really good. 10/10

3.Green Light-The typical R&B we have come to expect from Beyonce. 8/10

4.Kitty Kat-A good song, but a bit of an album filler. 7/10

5.Welcome To Hollywood-This track didn't make it onto the original album, but I haven't a clue why. This is Beyonce at her best. 10/10

6.Upgrade U-Not a personal highlight, but not bad either. 7/10

7.Flaws And All-Another new track, a strong powerful ballad. 9/10

8.If-Yet another new track: absolutely superb and provides an opportunity for a trademark Beyonce growl.10/10

9.Get Me Bodied-This song starts out great, but it is an extended mix and by the end of the song it becomes a bit of a chant and a bit dull. 5/10

10.Freakum Dress- A super uptempo number. Very good. 8/10

11.Suga Mama- Takes off where Freakum Dress left from. 8/10

12.Deja Vu-This retro, dancey number is nothing short of brilliant. 10/10

13.Ring The Alarm- A truly original R&B track. 8/10

14.Resentment- Many people have said they don't particularly like this track, but for me it is superb. These days there are very few original ballads, but this is one. 10/10

15.Listen- From the movie Dreamgirls. A powerful, growling track, which is a highlight of both the film and the album. 10/10

16.World Wide Woman- A new track; and yet another one which is pure brilliance. Upbeat. 9/10

17.Check On It- This has obviously been released as a single and sounds just as great on CD as it does on the radio. 9/10

18.Amor Gitano- Not my cup of tea. 5/10

19.Beautiful Liar (remix)- Spot the difference between this and track one- I certainly can't but what better way to begin and end the album! 10/10

Then of course there is the extra DVD, which not only has the videoes of all the singles, but also has videoes of many of the unreleased singles. In my opinion this is a fantastic buy whether or not you own the first B'Day album.

2.0 out of 5 stars An improvement, 9 July 2007

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing, 6 July 2007
This review is from: B'day (Deluxe Edition) (Audio CD)
Apart from one or two funky songs I have to say I found this second outing from Beyonce rather dull. Don't get me wrong, it's ok if you like slow warbling ballads but they do get rather tedious. Nothing on here really lives up to Crazy in Love or Baby Boy though. I know she's boffing Jay Z but maybe she could collaborate with some other major artists to give her music more welly.

Oh well....time to check out the competition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Legendary Beyonce, 30 May 2014
This review is from: B'Day Deluxe Edition (Audio CD)
Bought this cd as could not find the one I thought I had, as have all the other CDs. Arrived as advised, then my daughter found my original cd in her room, a ploy to keep it,as I no longer needed it!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

B'Day Deluxe Edition
B'Day Deluxe Edition by Beyonce (Audio CD - 2009)