4.0 out of 5 stars Red light for dog collar
Published on 14 July 2009 by Meadowsmum

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable...
Published on 27 Oct. 2009 by M B

4.0 out of 5 stars Red light for dog collar, 14 July 2009
This review is from: Nite Ize SpotLit Red (DIY & Tools)
Brought for dog collar little bit bigger than I thought but it's ok, attached to dogs collar and it's nice and bright (dog is black so in darkness is unseeable) but with this she now stands out a mile, comes with a battery and to put the light in full working order you need to press and hold the light together for 3 seconds to take it out of demo mode, once this is done the light is good to go and can have a constant light or flashing light, either constant of flashing light does not appear to have any effect on my dog and it doesn't bother her in the slightest .

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable..., 27 Oct. 2009
Great idea... when it works! Frustratingly unreliable, I bought two of these from a competitor (mid October 09), to hang on our rugsack's when walking on the roads in the Lake District at night. Sometimes they won't turn on, other times they won't stay on, and if you do get it to switch on, they ALWAYS turn off by themselves off anytime from 1 minute upto around 1/2 hour, you have to keep checking them. Turning the 'try-me' mode off/on doesn't make any difference. Very frustrating.

I have since bought two CatEye LED Loop Light's (LD110R) for bikes, the downside is that they don't have the excellent carabiner style clip of the NiteIze Spotlit, but I've found a way to attach them to our rugsacks. They are a little brighter and slightly larger in size, most importantly they are completely reliable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 18 Sept. 2014
Brilliant lights for backpacks, dog collars, key fobs. I use them nightly, on my dog, he's able to run around in the park, fields, woods and beach with me keeping an eye on him. I initially bought them so inconsiderate cyclists could see him, funnily enough i've met plenty of inconsiderate, silent, dogwalkers who could use them! Get spare pack of batteries at the same time, they'll see you over winter easily. Tough lights, they often get wet and occasionally chewed, survived so far. Hang a couple on your lead so they are always with you if you get caught out as the light fades. Great buy. The white is very bright, i sling it over my back on the lead while he runs about with a red one on. We can both be seen. My niece has this on her school bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Dogs, 31 Dec. 2009
Richard (Northumberland) - See all my reviews
Got this to use with my dog on these dark nights.
Very bright and easy to use.
Good solid clip fixes to my dogs collar with one click.
Clicking the light once makes it slowly cycle through a range of colours while clicking twice makes it flash red.
I usually use the red flashing light while walking near roads and the coloured cycle when she is running around the local fields.
The light is bright enough to see her across a quite large field.
If you walk your dog in the dark I would recommend this light for it's bright light and good solid construction.
It was also delivered very quickly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase but may be a bit big for smaller dogs..., 24 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Nite Ize SLG-03-03 SpotLit Clip-on LED Go Anywhere Light , Blue (DIY & Tools)
Bought this to attach to my dogs collar so he can be seen at night. The light is brilliant (I bought the blue one) and he can be seen from a good distance. Have had loads of other dog walkers comment and ask about it. My only concern is it may be quite big for small dogs, my dog is a Rhodesian Ridgeback, and it is fine for him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Disco Dogs, 9 Nov. 2010
I've tried lots of flashing gear for my dogs so I can see them when walking them in the dark in winter, the Spotlit light seems to be doing the job well. They show up really well even from a distance. It is easy to switch on and off and can have it as a constant light or flashing and it clips easily to your dogs collar. One of mine needed new batteries as soon as I got it but other than that they have been great. They seem a lot more rugged than some of the flashing lights I have tried in the past, they appear waterproof and the dogs don't seem to know they are wearing them. So far, I would definitely buy them again and recommend them to friends but still need to get through a full winter with them to be sure :o)

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly effective for dog walking, 30 Nov. 2010
I use one of these white SpotLit lights attached to my dog's collar while walking in the dark winter nights. The device has proven, over the last month, to be excellent. The clip is extremely sturdy, the light cast is highly visible at night, and after a month battery life and reliability are faultless. I have not tested its abilities to withstand water submersion however the tight fitting molded design looks as if this will not be a problem. Be sure to follow the instructions to deactivate 'demo' mode on purchase and if you want maximum visibility for you and others to see your dog I'd recommend the white version.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 3 Dec. 2012
A really superb light for a dogs collar. Ideal for dark winter nights, highly recommend it. The batteries last ages and it's pretty water resistant although our dogs don't go swimming.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for the dog's collars......, 24 Oct. 2011
Bought a red and blue night light for the dogs collars, for walking them in the fields at night and early morning. Think they are great and can see at a glance how far away the pups are, plus have had lots of comments from people passing us in the street about their little lights. They are for my peace of mind and don't look tacky like some of the flashing bones you can get.
Just remember to get your batteries Panasonic Specialist Lithium Coin Batteries CR2016 x 12for them on line as its much cheaper. I paid £2 in local shop for 1 battery and you can get nearly 12 for £2.65 on Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing light. Dead batteries on arrival., 24 April 2014
Nice ambient Orange.
Efficient when travelling on dark roads.

cons: arrived with dead batteries. Should have strip saving batteries from accidental switch on.