4.0 out of 5 stars Not James Last.
Published on 16 Sept. 2011 by The Right Reverend

3.0 out of 5 stars Classic Flop
Through a friend I had heard some classical interpretations of pop classics which I thought was brilliant, so I looked through the lists and chose The Best of Classic Rock. It did not live up to expectations. I believe there are some pop songs that translate into classical pieces very well but I felt the majority of the songs on this cd failed miserably.
Published 23 months ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Not James Last., 16 Sept. 2011
I was virtually brought up with the rock/orchestra concepts of such groups as The Moody Blues,The Nice and Deep Purple so this album did appeal to me.Surprisingly,for an old cynic like me,the majority of the songs on here actually work and transfer too full orchestra fantastically well.I'm not a fan of U2 but ' I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For ' sounds amazing performed with a choir.What doesn't particularly work like ' All Right Now ' is soon made up for with ' Eloise ' and ' She's Not There ' and 'You're the Voice '.I must be getting old because I really did quite enjoy this album and my impression that it all might sound a bit James Last were mistaken.

5.0 out of 5 stars LSO Classic Rock, 3 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Best Of Classic Rock (MP3 Download)
Brilliant. Whish they produced more of these. Particularly those classic rock tunes of the 60's. This is amongst my favourite DVDs

4.0 out of 5 stars classic rock, 31 Dec. 2011
Mr. D. L. Hughes (pembrokeshire uk) - See all my reviews
Great stuff!. If you have never tried this format, you are possibly missing out on enjoying some of the best instrumental, as apposed to voice, that has been written. Many people enjoy the instumental versions of popular music,ie lght middle of the road classics, but have not possibly thought of rock music in the same way
Started my love affair with this format on vinyl over the years,and have never been dissapointed yet.
The London Symphony do a great job as always, and I would wholeheartedly reccommend
this, albeit in whatever format

5.0 out of 5 stars the best, 17 Jun. 2013
thrilled to have found them on CDs had them on LPs many years ago will be buying more until we have them all

5.0 out of 5 stars Funky, 1 Jun. 2009
Daz (Stroud, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Some of the best LSO rock tracks here, I particularly like I Want It All and You're The Voice. Powerful songs, turn up the volume and enjoy.

4.0 out of 5 stars liked the music then & still like it, 25 Sept. 2014
Remember when these first appeared, liked the music then & still like it now

3.0 out of 5 stars Classic Flop, 14 Mar. 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, 5 Dec. 2012
The CD just wouldn't play after the thrid track, it jumped from track to track until the end. Had to return it in the end. Dissapointed but it happens. Return service from Amazon was good though.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 29 Mar. 2009
I was hoping for the same as the Vinal which was super and the tops. This is good but that Vinal one is a Classic.

The Best Of Classic Rock