Platform: PlayStation2|Change

on 29 January 2009
The only thing keeping this from an overall 5 star is the Harmony lines. In Battle it reduces the fun for those of us without a musical bone in their bodies due to being soooo difficult. If it was optional then it would be excellent.
on 9 January 2014
Literally one of the best purchases of my life. It has been the centrepiece that my life revolves around. It combines the wondrous musical ability of ABBA and the best console out there. Nothing an compare to this.
on 2 February 2009
This game is fantastic and really good fun. All the family will enjoy it especially if you have seen the movie, my 7yr old thinks it's great and she almost knows all the words!
on 26 February 2009
this is an excellent family fun game we have have enjoyed many hours of fun through the winter
on 5 February 2009
Great game for all the family worth evry penny especially if your a big ABBA fan.
on 14 October 2009
I'm a huge singstar and Abba fan so was chuffed when they brought out a whole disc dedicated to them and couldnt wait to play it. The song list is great although i was a little dissapointed that i'd read the song list for the playstation 3 version which has a few more songs on it, but no biggie.

What did dissapoint was that one of my fave Abba songs "Gimmie Gimmie" is shortend and before you say you need to put it on the normal length, i did and it still cuts off the latter part of the song, i dont understand why they have done that? Also when you play Duet on this game, the second person ends up having to sing just the backing bits, like on "Take a chance on me" i got a headrush from just singing "take a chance, take a chance, take a chance" constantly and in the end gave up because it wasnt much fun, i would have much rather just sing along with the other person normally, but that's the only gripes really, it's a great game and it would be good to see some more of them dedicated to other popular bands.
on 18 April 2009
I'm new to the Singstar Game and to kick start it I ordered Abba and Queen Singstar. I love playing Abba its such great fun. I'm really impressed with the format, the fact you get actual music videos and the game is logically planned so that the length and pitch of the notes you must hit correspond with the original recording. I have to say my favourite songs have to be ONE OF US and FERNANDO; they just so happen to be my highest scoring! There are also the other classics such as DANCING QUEEN and VOULEZ VOUS to name but a few. I have to say I'm slightly dissappointed LAY ALL YOUR LOVE ON ME didn't make it on to the game and thats why I've given it 4/5 stars.

Overall I find the game great fun, and my 5 year old sister will back me up in saying that, she loves to play it too.
on 19 October 2011
Definitely the best PS2 one I've experienced as it enables all ages to join in - other SingStar ones I've heard, contain songs I've never heard of as they're too modern..! - and everyone seems to enjoy a good old Abba singalong!
on 10 July 2009
I think this game will appeal to people of many ages and musical tastes, due to ABBA's quality in musical terms: I think there's an ABBA song for everyone of us, whether being a Metalhead, a Punk, a Techno or another endless type of musical fan.
The main idea behind SingStar is to... well... sing. Whether you sing good or bad is not the point. And many of these songs are fun to sing. This is a game that will gather people around the console, and create a lovely evening for all ages.
This is its concept and boy it sure delivers.
on 19 March 2009
Great fun - the best of the Singstar series without doubt. My daughter alway whoops me but I'm practising! You can have fun with this even on your own. If you have enjoyed only one or two tracks on some Singstar, you will enjoy well over half of these.