Format: MP3 DownloadChange
Price:£4.19

on 2 January 2010
It is a great idea to transcribe some great classics for the trumpet and Alison Balsom plays them fantastically.
There is a good mixture of music from the dynamic to the more gentle and while some might be a surprising choice other music such as:
Die Zauberflöte, '(The) Magic Flute' K620: Der Hölle Rache transcribes a classic Soprano vocal for the trumpet working supremely well.
Definitely an addition to any serious music library.
on 28 November 2013
I bought this CD after hearing Alison play with the Halle orchestra in Manchester during October. She is a talented musician and, having heard her play, believed that she could be an inspiration to my youngest grandaughter, who is playing the cornet in a local Yorkshire brass band. It is a delightful set of pieces and not too heavy so as to hold the interest of a younger musician, while at the same time demonstrating some tremendous skills!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 February 2014
I really enjoyed the mix of music on this, with some unexpected arrangements for trumpet of items like Debussy's Syrinx and Paganini Caprice. As a former brass player myself I really appreciate the skill in making these pieces sound easy. I've already listened to it three times and I only bought it two days ago.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse