Format: Audio CD|Change

on 14 July 2015
Fifty Lead Belly performances at this price means great value for money, even more so as the sound quality is excellent, clearer than I have heard before. But be aware, the liner notes are minimal, just two brief pages about the man and some tiny print giving recording dates. If you want to know more about the material, invest in a more expensive set.
on 22 February 2013
I bought a 'best of' Leadbelly vinyl album years ago and played it to death. Seeing this now available on CD made me rush to order it immediately. The tracks took me back to my 20's. Many of these numbers are written by Leadbelly himself and they are wonderful and performed superbly.
on 15 January 2015
I have only briefly listened to this CD before I decided to buy it and am surprised that I recognise a few of his songs without having realised they were by him!! When I get a chance I will devote some time to listening to each track properly when I have a moment or two.
on 11 February 2013
Leadbelly has the deepest, most amazing voice. His songs were wrought out of pain, jail and lust. Each song has real style and this collection is a worthy overview of his career. A fine collection of songs from a blues legend.
on 7 February 2014
I have really enjoyed Leadbelly since the 60's and still do . His appeal does
not age and still sounds as fresh and new as ever . I would recommend
this collection of his work to all . A great buy .
on 25 November 2011
There is not much to say IT IS a GREAT CD, wether you are new to this musicor not you will be pleased with this timeless piece
on 18 February 2015
The amount of tracks on this CD exceeded my expectations. Given the age of some of the tracks the sound quality was excellent. Well recommended if this is the only Lead Belly album you intend to buy.
on 9 August 2013
The thing that really struck me about these early blues recordings was how many songs that I know were written so early on quite a few have been covered by the White Stripes
on 17 January 2014
An album for the faithfull. I loved it, and so will you if you love your blues roots.
It took a couple of weeks to be delivered, but that didn't worry me too much.
on 17 April 2012
Perfect for anyone who just wants a wide selection of tracks from the imprortant artist. Very enjoyable and worth buying for your collection.