on 7 December 2007
Having just heard the CD, I am warmed by the quality of ALL the tracks, the singing is beautiful and sung so professionally.
If you are looking for a traditional Carol CD, then I would definately recommend this one,
on 13 December 2003
Settle down in a comfy chair with a mince pie and glass of wine and turn up the volume - pure escapism from the hassles of Christmas shopping!
The collection mixes traditional carols (so you can sing along and relive those days in the choir) with slighly lesser known Christmas fare.
As you would expect of King's, all the carols are extremely well executed and with over 76 minutes of playing time you've got the chance to pig out on a good few mince pies.
Bliss!
11 comment|85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 October 2011
I sing in my church choir, so I've sampled a few carols by other cathedral choirs, like St Pauls's, Canterbury, Laudamus, Huddersfield Society. They're all excellent choirs, don't get me wrong, but King's College Cambridge seemed to have that little bit extra. A bit more oomph from the organ, a top tenor who lives mainly in the upper stratosphere, more variations and solos, and good song selection. You'll love it!
on 10 February 2010
As usual delivery was as predicted.

This CD contains traditional and modern carols together with Kings College Choir. At the price, including posatge, you can't go wrong.

A good buy.Carols from King's
on 4 April 2010
This is a wonderful collection of carols,sets the right mood for Christmas and the singing is amazing.
on 26 July 2011
These are wonderful renderings of christmas carols, with a very good production and a superb singing and directorial work.
Mind you, these are not the classical typical carols that you usually hear canned during christmas, on and on and on. You can find versions of older, forgotten carols together with the more common ones.
It's good that somebody has taken the effort to make this beautiful record.
Nice job!
on 30 December 2013
Gave it a four star rating because I know it will only have a limited airing in our house. Having said that, I adore carols sung well and this is a good example and Christmas morning had a quite magical feel to it this year. Watching the kids unwrap their presents with the hauntingly beautiful sounds of carol singing in the background was lovely....so lovely that nobody wanted it turned off and we listened to the entire CD together.
Theres loads out there, but would recommend this as good value.
on 21 October 2009
The quality is at the best and each song is sung beautifully. However, the last two songs, which are my favourites, have an unnecessary, noisy and enbarrassing introduction by a brass ensemble. It upsets me greatly. I just want to enjoy the songs themselves.
on 22 December 2014
All of the tracks on this CD are from the late 1960s and early 1970s and it shows, the sound quality is very poor. I recorded a King's College service around the same era on a 7.5"/sec tape which actually sounds better but I wanted a better quality CD from a more modern service from King's of these traditional carols for my wife who is in a care home. I even paid the extra for next day delivery. I am very disappointed and will probably try transferring my tape onto CD instead.
on 22 December 2013
Absolutely wonderful choir, but totally spoiled by the extremely low recording volume level!!!! disappointing Christmas gift. I will be returning for a different CD.