on 31 May 2010
Was looking for some decent steak knives and came across these. Wasn't really sure what to expect as I couldn't find any reviews on the net, but was very pleasantly surprised. They look amazing, are very sharp, and cut through meat like butter. The finish on some of them is not as good as others, but it adds to the 'hand-made effect'.
Any which way, these are a very nice set of knives for the money...
on 8 November 2012
We purchased this set to replace our old cheap steak knives. It arrived quickly, was well packaged etc. BUT these knives are sold under the French brand name which are usually made in France and come with a guarantee. These knives are made in China, no paperwork or guarantee was provided with the set. I think the seller should be upfront of the fact that these are not the real thing.

However, apart from this misleading information, the knives do seem very solid and sharp. We will need them so will keep the purchase. Husband wasn't so fussed about the lack of information regarding the country the knives are made in. I just thought people should be made aware before they purchase as I feel slightly cheated and I'm sure others would too.
on 26 October 2015
I spent so long reading the reviews and following the debate about whether these were genuine and whether we should be paying £30, £60 or £200 for Laguiole knives....decided to try these as a first attempt. And..I am very very happy with them. They are sharp, look good and feel elegant, and were extremely well relieved as a gift. Yes-if I put them next to a £200/£60 set they might compare badly, but the reality is that no one does that-and as a stand alone item they are a lovely gift, and add pleasure to eating a steak. It is partly down to whether it is important to you-I have £110 Riedel glasses which I am naive enough to think make a difference-so perhaps there are some experts to whim it would be important. But....go ahead if you want a decent set of good looking knives.
on 14 June 2010
I bought these for my husband and he loves them. They are the sharpest knives we've ever used. They really look good too and come in a nice wooden box. Would highly recommend them.
on 17 January 2013
loved these steak knives, they cut, they clean, they look nice and they arrived nicely on time and junk etc
on 26 January 2014
These are very well made, high quality, smart looking knives. The presentation box makes for a good present and safe storage.
on 21 January 2013
Excellent knives, look really good and so sharp! Presented in a very stylish wooden box, Make the steak fast even better!
on 26 October 2010
i gave these as a gift and they went down well. They came perfectly boxed and the day after ordering them. they are clean, sharp and very stylist for special occassions or everyday use. great gift idea to anyone who likes good food and the experience of eating with something lovely. we had seen these while eating at a Michelin-star restaurant and i manged to find and order them for my partner, he was very happy and he didnt realise they were quiet affordable.
on 13 May 2010
Laguiole Set of Six Steak Knives in a Wooden Box
I already owned a set of Laguiole forks with black shiny handles, so when I saw that Cutting Edge Cookware were offering knives with apparently similar handles I immediately sent off for them.
New knives arrived promptly and were well-packaged for transit. When I opened them up however, the handles weren't black as in the picture, but a garish reddish-brown. Rosewood, I would call the finish.
I emailed Cutting Edge, and politely asked if they could swap the knives I had received for a set corresponding to the picture on their website. I even offered to pay the return postage.
Didn't get a reply, not even an acknowledgment. The Laguiole knives are beautifully made: very high craftsmanship and materials, but not replying to a civil enquiry is both churlish and ignorant. So I have formed a very low opinion indeed of Cooking Edge Cookware. I suggest that potential customers think twice about trusting this company.
on 12 November 2013
Excellent set of knives, and look good as well as perfect for a nice steak. Highly recommend.Good value for money

See one answered question