Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Original Packaging|Change
Price:£3.85+ Free shipping

on 24 September 2010
I have used these bags for years & they are brilliant. I don't use many potatoes, so often need to store them for long periods. These bags keep my potatoes going for weeks. They stay fresh & firm & don't get eyes. If you are worried about light getting in through the small gap when you tighten the drawstring, then place a folded sheet of kitchen paper inside before you close it & it will cover the gap & keep the light off the potatoes. For a cheap & effective storer, look no further.
They hold a standard supermarket sized bag of potatoes.
VINE VOICEon 10 March 2011
Sometimes it is the simplest things that work best. After all this is essentially just a bag. However, its use to store potatoes has ended instantly our continual problem of potatoes greening from light exposure.

The bag itself is strong and breathable, but most importantly impervious to light. It has a nifty little zipper at the bottom of the bag so you can take the oldest potatoes out first.

It is strongly made and doesn't even look too bad.

It's good value and I would recommend it.
on 26 April 2012
I kept my potatoes in plastic bags in a kitchen cupboard and I wanted something which would securely store a decent amount of potatoes for a reasonable amount of time and which I didn't have to keep in a cupboard. This bag is sturdy and is large enough to take a big bag of potatoes from the supermarket. And the potatoes seem to last quite well in it. Plus there's a handy zip on the side which you can use to take potatoes out from the bottom. It definitely ticked all my boxes :)
on 26 January 2012
This is a great product and I've found my potatoes are staying fresher for about a week more than they would have done before. Its a good size and can hold about 2kg worth of potatoes.
on 2 March 2014
I am very pleased with this item. I was always throwing potatos away because of the shoots. No more - they last three times longer in this bag.
on 10 February 2012
its a bag that stores your spuds you put them in at the top and pull them out at the lower side it works what more needs to be said
on 14 July 2013
Seems to make potatoes rot 10x quicker! Save your money just leave them in a cool draw in your kitchen out of the plastic they come in!
on 24 January 2014
Stores the potatoes well, easy to use and looks wonderful. Worth the money I payed. Really great product. Happy that I got it.
on 3 December 2012
I only bother to write reviews when Iam either very happy or very disapointed with a product! and I am glad to say I am very very happy with this one!!

It does exactly what it says! to be honest i wasnt holding out a lot of hope of my pots lasting longer in this but they really do!

If you want a product to help prolong the life of your spuds this is def the thing to buy!
Plus the zip to easily get them out is fab and the draw string works well. I simply can not fault this!
on 25 April 2013
I would highly recommend this product for the following uses:
1. For keeping your plimsolls in.
2. For chitting your potatoes.

I have tried 3 different types of potato over 3 weeks and all have grown really well. See my photo above, I'm so proud of them!
As I now have enough planting potatoes to last me a year I can now store my plimsolls in the sack. (they just remind me of the ones we used to use for school except for the 'potato' written on the front :)
So recommended but sorry only 1 star!
review image