4.0 out of 5 stars quality music and singing and a variety of musical styles
I didn't like this cd the first time I heard it and this was because,like many of Gloria Estefan's albums,there was a big variety of original singing styles and sounds to get used to. And this is of course why It Cuts Both Ways is a success - as with her other albums,it is very,very difficult to get bored with what you are listening to.

My favourite track:Don't...
Published on 7 Jun 2007 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Dated latin beats
I recently bought this album again, remebering the songs fondly from 15 years ago. It can't be faulted for it's cuban rhythm sensibilities, but even at the time it sounded dated, using cliched 80's sounds when Europe was rediscovering old analog hardware and samples. It sounds even more dated now, and I can't really see it getting any better with age.
Having said...
Published on 21 Jan 2004 by michael_m

4.0 out of 5 stars quality music and singing and a variety of musical styles, 7 Jun 2007
This review is from: Cuts Both Ways. (Audio CD)

My favourite track:Don't Wanna Lose you.I'm sure that this cd will win over most people who purchase it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Estefan and the miami sound machine!!, 28 Nov 2009
Wild child "Rog72" (Birmingham, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuts Both Ways. (Audio CD)
What a brilliant album! This is an absolute classic slice of late 80's music! Every track is a masterpiece. Fuse Gloria's infectious, enthusiastic vocals with the miami sound machine and what you get is...awesome! Every track is superb in it's own right. Estefan is still the best live concert I have ever seen. I went to see her at Wembley in 1989 when she was touring with this album. It was AMAZING!!!! 20yrs on, this album proves that she is a legend. An absolutely brilliant album, there is no doubt about that. Highly recommended!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent CD, 18 May 2014
This review is from: Cuts Both Ways. (Audio CD)
Another excellent CD, love all the songs. Had the LP record in the 1980's and wanted to have the CD now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, 11 Mar 2014
This review is from: Cuts Both Ways. (MP3 Download)
If this is your style of music then you will love this album.

If you buy then I hope you enjoy as much as I have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding value service, 11 Mar 2014
This review is from: Cuts Both Ways. (Audio CD)
This is good quality and value arrived promptly and I am delighted would order other similar items I would recommend to others

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 13 Dec 2013
Excellent service
Great CD
Easy listening
Would recommend Cd & seller
Great for background music
Good for relaxing and winding down

(VINE VOICE)
Gloria Estefan had the unique ability to sing both lively and romantic songs combined. At the end of the eighties she couldn't go wrong with hit single after hit single - four of which are featured here on her second album to top the albums chart.

In my opinion, only slightly weaker than her first 'Anything For You', perhaps due only to the fact that for me what spoils this is the pointless addition of the two last tracks which are repeated songs sung in Spanish - totally unnecessary... What is so necessary about adding the same songs sung in a foreign language!? I could never understand this... The album ends on song number ten for me. These last two could have been left off and the album would have been quite adequate with just the ten tracks.

(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Cuts Both Ways [VINYL] (Vinyl)

(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Cuts Both Ways (Audio CD)

Cuts Both Ways.