5.0 out of 5 stars Out in the Fields
Published on 1 Dec. 2010 by Spider Monkey

2.0 out of 5 stars Who recorded this?
Published on 11 May 2012 by Chilversp

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Out in the Fields, 1 Dec. 2010
Spider Monkey (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
`Out in the Fields' is an excellent best of of Gary Moore and serves as a decent introduction to his music for those new to his work as well. This has a great blend of the rock and blues that he is known for and awesome rock tracks like `Military Man' sit happily alongside blues classics like `Parisienne Walkways'. Moore's guitar style always manages to raise goose bumps for me and this album is no exception, he plays with a gritty, heartfelt roar at times and then with the deftest, nuanced lightest touch at others. He really is an overlooked master of his instrument. Granted, his singing is pretty terrible at times, but the song writing and overall feel more than make up for it. If you plan on only buying one album of Moore's then this offers a wide taste of what he is all about, but be warned it may pique your interest enough so you'll want to go out and buy more. No bad thing in my eyes.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.

5.0 out of 5 stars great introduction to a great man who is much missed, 3 Mar. 2011
Macca "Macca" (Swindon, Wiltshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I'd echo the other very positive review down below - this is a really good compiliation, which mixes the rock and blues eras very nicely.

if you've not heard much of gary's work i'd also recommend you pick up the "best of the blues" double cd, as that has a fantastic live cd from the early 90s. the monsters of rock DVD, or the thin lizzy tribute show are also must-haves

gary was an incredible guitarist, composer and performer. i feel fortunate to have enjoyed his music for 20 years and seen him live 5 times.

5.0 out of 5 stars More from Moore, 12 Mar. 2015
Gary Moore to me, is the best guitarist in the world. Whether he plays his Fender Strat or Gibson Les Paul, clean or through a pedal. Gary can produce the most amazing sounds through them.

I won't write an essay but there are 15 tracks on this album and everyone a masterpiece. Although, I have removed the "live" version of Parisienne Walkways and replaced it with the "Studio" verson.

I too play the guitar and now, I can playalong with some of the songs.

Shame Gary is no longer with us, as I would love to hear more music from him.

R.I.P. Gary

5.0 out of 5 stars gary moore, the best of, 10 July 2011
i ordered this as a gift for my partner, he was delighted as was i with the easy, quick and effiecient service.

2.0 out of 5 stars Who recorded this?, 11 May 2012
Really love what Gary Moore can do to a guitar, he was a great artist, so I was really disappointed when I listened to this CD as the sound/recording quality is really awful, the recording team appear to have messed up the mix: the guitar sounds hollow with no body or drive you would normally expect from Mr Moore, it is like when one of your speakers is not working, but I checked and they're both on! looks like I need to get, "Still Got The Blues".

5.0 out of 5 stars Gary Moore - Out In The Fields, 21 Jun. 2012
Great album & a must buy for all rock fans. I bought this for 1 song that I heard before because it was such a great deal but having listened to the rest of the songs I found that I liked them all!....

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill, 12 Sept. 2011
Fantastic easy listening from a timelessly classic blues artist, highly recommended to anyone who is a fan of his work, disk in perfect comdition and I listen to it almost everyday

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 7 Dec. 2012
My husband chose this for his birthday and absolutely loves it! It reminds him of his lost youth..and there are some cracking tunes. Great for those air guitar moments

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tracks, 4 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Out In The Fields - The Very Best Of Gary Moore (MP3 Download)
Very good value for money
All songs are well known and all time classics!
Gary Moore was a very talented musician who played with numerous famous bands

5.0 out of 5 stars And yes, the best of!, 21 Feb. 2013
This CD is called the very best of Gary Moore and I quite agree. Every track is excellent, I play the CD a lot, it is great value for money

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›