4.0 out of 5 stars Aerator, not decanter
This product is quite cool. However you cannot tell it is a decanter, only an aerator.

The purpose of a decanter is to avoid the sediment that may be in the bottle (especially in older wines) to mix into the wine. By turning the bottle upside down to serve we are making the sediments go around up and down in the bottle, mixing with the wine.

As a...
Published on 8 Jan 2011 by zde

3.0 out of 5 stars shortcomings
Great idea but the rubber stoppers did not fit the wine bottle. Nearly sent it back because if they did I would be a very happy customer, as it is I use it and wine keeps on getting spilt.
Published on 3 Aug 2011 by phillia

4.0 out of 5 stars Aerator, not decanter, 8 Jan 2011
This review is from: Soiree bottle-top Wine Decanter & Aerator (Kitchen & Home)

As a wine aerator this product is amazing. It does immediately change the wine's odour and flavour. It is a bit scary at first to turn the bottle upside down, but after the first time you get used to it.

I recommend this product for newer wines, as it clearly improves the wine but avoid it on older wines, as you may end up spoiling it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looked great, 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: Soiree bottle-top Wine Decanter & Aerator (Kitchen & Home)
Brought this as a Christmas present that was a novelty for my son. It was well packed and contained instructions for its use.

3.0 out of 5 stars shortcomings, 3 Aug 2011

3.0 out of 5 stars Weeelllll.............., 27 Feb 2014
Julie D (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Soiree bottle-top Wine Decanter & Aerator (Kitchen & Home)
I am no wine expert; I purchased the Soiree after reading some positive reviews as a gift for my partner, no expert either. We do buy wine regularly and the Soiree promised to improve the taste of even fairly average varieties. It languished for months in a cupboard before we gave it a try. I have say quite honestly it was disappointing. It certainly does aerate the wine - we used a decent but low priced red wine which we purchase by the case from our local supermarket. I cannot tell you what type of wine this is as its whole USP is that it is a 'Secret' and comes unlabelled; I suspect it is a far better product than the sub-£5 price tag it works out to be when bought by the case. In my inexpert way, I'd call it 'full bodied' and 'fruity'. I'd also call it 'easy drinking' as I've come across this phrase in numerous articles about wine and certainly we find the stuff easy to drink - no problem at all in fact! Unfortunately, this wine actually tasted less good after aerating it through the Soiree. I do not know enough either about wine or the device to know why this was the case but the Soiree sadly did not work for us and has found its place in the cupboard again. It did not matter too much given the price of the wine but I'd hate to have used in even on something twice the price only to have had the same experience.

Soiree bottle-top Wine Decanter & Aerator