For a truly definitive and distinct collection, this remastered disc really brings out all the nuances and subtleties of all the Simon & Garfunkel classics. With twenty great songs, I have to admit that even the over-played, "Bridge Over Troubled Water" has a new essence and urgency that lacked in earlier recordings. The ambience is so much stronger. "The Sounds Of Silence" and "Old Friends" are so clean that it's actually odd not to hear any background hiss - the vocals and guitars are so crisp. The more upbeat songs like, "Cecilia", "The Boxer" and "I Am A Rock" seem to place more emphasis on the percussion than on earlier recordings. "America" and "My Little Town" make for perfect album closers, as they sum up just about all that Simon & Garfunkel have stood for and cared about for so many decades. For absolutists, the Box Set contains everything, but this disc captures the true sound and essence of Simon & Garfunkel.
on 23 December 2011
This is a superb remastered collection of some of S & G's best work.

However, save yourself a small fortune and get the slip card case version of the cd. Unless your willing to pay a whole lot more just to have a plastic case.

Highly Recommended.
on 26 January 2015
I may have just been unlucky and got a cd from a bad batch but I had to return this item. The volume of the tracks was inconsistent, some like cecelia were normal but then bridge over troubled water was hardly audible. Also the arrangements of some of the songs seemed overdone - trying to get too many intruments in the background.

Strange that so many 5 * reviews, so maybe I was unlucky. Anyway going for the concert in central park instead which I used to have on tape and I know is/was good.
This excellent compilation includes all of this famous duo's best loved classics. They had a flair for combining poetic lyrics with soaring melodies and ruled the charts for most of the late 1960s and early 1970s. The Bridge Over Troubled Water album - a greatest hits collection in itself - stayed on both the USA and UK charts for years. Sound Of Silence articulated a particular late 60s urban youth feel in its images of subway walls and graffiti, while Homeward Bound is filled with loneliness and redemption. Mrs Robinson appeared on a movie soundtrack and El Condor Pasa with its lovely Amerindian flutes remains quite unique. All these songs are classics, but my favourites include The Boxer, America, I Am A Rock and the lively, upbeat Cecilia. You can't go wrong with this album where every track is worth its weight in gold.
on 2 January 2012
This was one of many CD's available by Simon & Garfunkel, but if you want the most comprehensive collection of there well known songs, this is it.The reproduction is very good quality and all in all very good value for money.
on 10 June 2012
A terrific compilation which really does comprise "the best of". Remastered to perfection with excellent sound quality. An absolute bargain at Amazon's price for either long standing aficionados or those newly discovering a body of work by master songwriters / vocalists.
on 10 February 2013
I realised that I've not got one of their albums, so when this came up on offer I snapped it up. I love their work, though not everyone appreciates my attempts to sing along
on 22 October 2012
Contains a lot of all time classic tracks, how could anyone be disappointed, particularly when it cost only 99p. I thoroughly recommend this album.
on 28 December 2012
My daughter is a Simon and Garfunkel fan so I bought this along with Graceland for my daughter for Christmas. She was delighted.
on 10 December 2012
As always just a brilliant set of songs from these classic songwriters. Album just made to relax too on a sunday afternoon.