5.0 out of 5 stars 5* quality Clipseal Glass Spice Jars
Clipseal Spice Jar Set - I actually bought 24 of these and let me tell you I'm very impressed, out of the 24 I only had one that was not air tight but with a little help it soon was. These are much cheaper and as good as the over priced ones out there. I even liked that you got extra seals with these too. I will certainly purchase these again if needed. 5* product...
Published 7 months ago by TK

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice but not practical
I got 12 of these little jars. They are just the size I wanted.

They are advertised as being airtight but unfortunately not one of them was airtight. They all leaked water and the worst ones had more than 1mm gap.
They are therefore no good for keep any spices or herbs fresh.

The lid mechanism is made from wire which is not really strong enough...
Published on 22 Jan 2010 by S. Williams

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice but not practical, 22 Jan 2010
S. Williams - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clipseal Glass Spice Jar Set of 6 (2 sets)--- total 12 jars
I got 12 of these little jars. They are just the size I wanted.

They are therefore no good for keep any spices or herbs fresh.

The lid mechanism is made from wire which is not really strong enough for the job and half the lids fell off during their first wash and has to be reassembled.

I gave them 1 star because they look pretty! Now I need to find a use for them....

1.0 out of 5 stars not fit for purpose, 28 Mar 2013
had the jars delivered got very excited, until i realized they would not keep my spices dry or air tight. I was a little upset and ended up putting them in the bin. would have been better to go to a store so i could be sure they were air tight.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised, 6 Sep 2013
First, the capacity of these jars is approx 70 - 75 mls.

Secondly, as noted by several different reviewers, these are NOT airtight, most are not even watertight. This is due to the fact that the metal clips are made from cheap soft steel and are not even formed properly. I would recommend that you do not buy this make (Apollo), rather spend more and get genuine Kilner jars, on which they are based. Definitely a very poor imitation.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5* quality Clipseal Glass Spice Jars, 9 April 2014

Please don't listen to negative reviews, I took a gamble and it certainly paid off. I have had the more expensive ones before and I can genuinely say that there is no difference....

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE!, 9 April 2013
I have placed a second order for another 2 packs of these little jars. They are brilliant! You can fit a standard 30g pot of spices/herbs into one of these without it being too full. They are the perfecdt size for spice jars and great value. Also bought these to go with them which are equally good value! http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007RMR0ES/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_hst_1

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 30 Oct 2012
Jemma Burgess (Newcasle, Tyne and Wear) - See all my reviews
I bought these because I like decanting everything, also my spices don't last very long in the jars they come in. I love the way these look in my kitchen, and they do keep the contents fresher for longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 4 Dec 2012
Perfectly air tight and just right for herbs and spices, I love these jars. Robust and well made would definitely recommend and when i have moved to a bigger house I shall be adding to my collection!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price for good product., 24 Oct 2012
I bought two sets of these and have found them to be excellent value for money. As an earlier post said, a couple of the lids sat a couple of mm apart from the jar, but after fiddling with the wire a bit, they were fine. They look great in my cupboard, very clean and tidy. Highly recommended.
They were also delivered promptly and were well packaged.

5.0 out of 5 stars great buy, 2 Jan 2014
Bought 24 of these and great value for money and just what I wanted for our growing new spice collection. Quick delivery. Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 31 Dec 2013
Although some reviewers have complained of poor seals on these jars, I have not had any problems, perhaps their quality control has dealt with the issue. For the price they are a great product. I had bought them to put Christmas treats in as stocking fillers,however they are quite small and You'd look a bit tight giving friends one of these full of sweets! That was completely my own misjudgement, but will use them for their proper purpose in my kitchen!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›