4.0 out of 5 stars satisfying diversions, 27 May 2013
This review is from: Haydn: Divertimentos for Wind [4x CD SET] (Audio CD)
Nicely played and recorded. Maybe not the deepest of Haydns music but very satisfying as gentle well played music for diverting us away from the cares of the world.
I wouldn't choose to listen to all of the discs at once, I feel they are best used as casual listening. The perfomances, as well as I can judge, are fine, and the recording is good. I would sum up by saying, if you like Haydn there's plenty to enjoy here.

4.0 out of 5 stars Haydn Goes Windy, 21 April 2013
This review is from: Haydn: Divertimentos for Wind [4x CD SET] (Audio CD)
I like this set for several reasons.First;although there may seem to be quite a lot of Haydn available,I had not been aware of these wind divertimenti:and they are delightfully musical. Second;the price was so reasonable that it would have been stupid not to have tried them,at the very least:and I'm very glad that I did. Thirdly; to me Haydn is very nearly as great as Mozart, yet seems to suffer neglect in comparison.

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 6 May 2013
Prof John Morrill "bottisham man" (Cambridge UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Haydn: Divertimentos for Wind [4x CD SET] (Audio CD)
This is lovely music exceptionally well recorded but you can have too much of a good thing and even though I spread out my listening to the four CDs over a week, I was a little weary of it by the end. I will not listen to it very often, but there will be time when i would like a musical sorbet to freshen up the palette and a few tracks will come in handy.

Haydn: Divertimentos for Wind [4x CD SET]
Haydn: Divertimentos for Wind [4x CD SET] by Consortium Classicum (Audio CD - 2008)