on 1 February 2014
I have used this once a month as recommended since February 2013, (although I forgot in November). I still have some hair left, and I am carrying on treating them, but a lot of hair has stopped regrowing. I tend to shave a day or so before treatment, wait for a bit of stubble and treat the stubble areas, so I don't waste time treating areas with no hair follicles. If the stubble is too long, it can hurt, as it burns off, and the energy from the laser is dissipated and the treatment doesn't work as well. Using it more often than recommended is wasting your time.

The treatment sessions are quite time-consuming. I do one calf or two armpits in a session, in front of the telly (not during a favorite program) and listen to the beeps, so I know when to move on to the next patch. The hair doesn't visibly fall out, it seems to carry on growing, but when I come to shave before the next session, there is definitely less of it. I guess it gradually drops out.

From research (wikipedia was really helpful), electrolysis is the most permanent hair removal system, but treatment takes a long time. Laser seems to come next with regard to permanency, treatment sessions take longer than IPL, and it takes longer to see an effect, but you will probably have less need for on-going treatment compared with IPL. IPL treatments need to be carried out more frequently. Laser and IPL are described as resulting in permanent hair reduction, which isn't quite the same as permanently hair free. There is guidance available as to the skin and hair colour requirements for these two systems from the manufacturers of different units. So you pays your money and makes your choice. (And hope the system you chose works for you.)

The different areas of my body have reacted in different ways - my outer calves became hair-free after around 3 months,I am still treating my inner calves and underarms.The hair I have left is so much finer and sparser that I wouldn't be embarrassed if I went out in a sleeveless t shirt, having forgotten to shave. There's around 10 hairs under each arm. I had hoped I would be hair free after 6 months, but that's life, and that's how my body has reacted to it. I am really pleased with my results and glad I impulse bought this system, wish I'd done it years ago. For me the time and money invested have been very worth while, (and it has taken a lot of time :-) )
on 2 November 2009
If you think this product will rid you of hair in 2 weeks, then you are from another planet!! It works perfectly well, use once a month for 6-8 months and it does get rid of hair very satisfactory. I now have no facial hair and have been hair free for months. I am now doing under my arm and it is now a lot less hairy. Laser hair removal takes time, at home or at a salon. Keep doing as instructed and it will be well woth your time!!!
33 comments|133 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 August 2009
I have this a few months now. Easy to use, but takes time. Instructions say it only kills live hair folicals and new ones are generated by the body all the time so you have to keep treating an area for several months to get the effect... not dissimilar to salon laser treatments which I have also had but cant afford now. Works for me.
11 comment|68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 November 2008
I bought this from Amazon in December and have been doing it regularly (about every 2-4 weeks) since then on my top lip (all blonde), my big toes and my underarms. While I can't yet see a noticeable difference, I will persevere as instructed.

If you consider it takes me about an hour to do both underarms (you can do it while watching tv easily enough), you will have to have the patience of a serious saint if you want to do your legs! If it gets too hot, it will start beeping and you have to let it cool down (usually after 40 mins or so).

Once both metal contact points touch your skin, you can begin. On the highest strength (which is painless), you will hold the wand there in the same place for 75 seconds. Doing the underarm is fairly easy. Doing the top lip requires some cheating and holding the metal contact point down with my finger to get into those awkward places (i.e. under the nose as the wand is quite big).
55 comments|50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 October 2011
A product this price should be worth the effort, but it is a complete waste of time and money, I wish I had that £100+ back to spend on something else. I broguht Rios eyelash perming system and that doesnt work either, so I think the company is a poor quality one. I did as directed and 6 months later Im no futher along to a fuzz free existance, apart from having a lot of shaving rash. I've got pale skin and dark brown hair-almost black in fact, so if it would work on anyone then it should be me.
Dont waste your money, try something with decent reviews and happy customers!
on 16 November 2011
I bought this hair removal system more than a year ago. I have been using it on my facial hair at least every other day, therefore about 180 times. My hair happily carries on growing. The top might get burned and it hurts a little, but that's it, I'm afraid. I am white caucasian with dark hair above my lip and some on my chin; I am the ideal type for this machine. For me it's back to plucking or getting it done professionally. Interestingly it never tells you anywhere after how many days the hair is supposed to fall out. Mine almost seems to be getting stronger. Not happy.
1515 comments|26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 January 2011
I have been plagued for years with spots arrising from ingrowing hairs on my face, chin, and neck.
Thanks to the Rio x60- no more hairs, no more spots and a happier confident me.
yes it takes time but it's worth it.I use it ever week and have seen results
on 14 January 2011
I am using this since few months and I would say it is Time consuming but it is very easy to use. It is cost effective because if you get it done professionally then it costs a lot.

I will recommend it as cost effective solution but only negative point is its time consuming, I hope it helps.
on 14 January 2013
I saw this machine & thought it would be great for my unwanted facial hair, it was useless as the wand was far too large to fit between the nose & lip. I wish i had read all the reviews before i purchased it, luckly i was able to return & get a refund as it was still in the trial time allowed. This machine is also the same as the Rio, they have just re-named it, both made by the same company. These devices do not work even the NO NO i tried recently is a total waste of time. Save your money & go to a good salon to get it done profesionally. Its a money making con ladies.
on 15 April 2015
I wouldn't give the product any stars at all if I had the choice.
I'm so disappointed, I wish I hadn't bothered. I was really hoping this was the answer to my facial hair problem so treated myself to this expensive product. 2yrs on, I'm still relying on the tweezers. Yes, I followed the instructions carefully - but it doesn't help when you're told that the ideal length of hair for treatment is 'stubble' - who wants to go out with stubble on their face the day before a treatment? Alternatively, hide in the house for a week-end and do it Sunday night? My advice: Try a different product; it's just too much money to waste on something which doesn't work.