Although intended for tents, this waterproofer performs brilliantly on a wider range of outdoor gear.

I used it on my campervan's elevating roof walls, rucksack, camera cases and had the best results of all on a pair of suede and fabric shoes which had previously become sodden inside and out in the lightest shower. Following spraying, the rain simply rolled off my roof walls and rucksack in beads and I can now walk through ankle high grass in heavy rain and have completely dry feet. It's one of the most versatile products I've used and it lasts. It's easy to spray, doesn't clog, dries quickly and there are no unpleasant odours. Brilliant stuff!
on 30 August 2013
If you follow the instructions then can't fault this product.
Only improvement could be to the spray nozzle to obtain finer spray.
on 22 June 2010
Easy to use and very effective. Used less that 400ml to cover a 4 man tent.
on 28 December 2012
This came as 2x 2.5ltr containers. each came with a spray head on a length of flexible hose - very handy. I have used this product for some time. I regularly use it on my bike cover and garden furniture covers. My wife has a Z3 soft top which needed regular treatment with the recommended waterproofer. I persuaded her to let me try the Nikwax Solarproof and the results were brilliant. It lasts way longer than the far more expensive products she had previously used and is really easy to apply. Excellent product.
on 16 July 2011
excellent product...set up tent sprayed it all over took about 20 mins to dry.. then the heavens opened..after 1/2 an hour of driving rain which left puddles 3 inches deep around the tent there was not one single leak.. i cannot recommend a better product does exactly what it says in the bottle BRILLIANT buy some now....
on 4 March 2013
Bought for guinea pigs hutch rain cover as starting letting water in, worked a treat! Should work well on our tent. only problem does not come with a spray to spray it on! Really quick delivery.
on 27 April 2010
There is nothing wrong with this product, quite the reverse. However, the sellers might want to take heed of the following:

Please give people buying for the first time some indication of what coverage can be expected from this product and whether the larger quantities come with an applicator.

It appears as though the smallest (300ml) can is the only one with an applicator spray nozzle and until you actually have the item in your grubby little maulers, do you know that you have a four man tent and this only covers a two man.

Please be a little more forthcoming.
on 8 November 2013
Leaves a milky residue on the tent, so sits on teh fabric rather than deeply penetrating it.
Seems to work, although I wouldn't bet on how long.
on 6 September 2013
Bought the 2.5l version to deal with a 20ft x 10ft gazebo. It comes with its own pump and the instructions say to wet fabric and then spray evenly. That quantity is (by manufacturer's literature)only just enough to do this job.
However: the pump/spray worked ok but it is impossible to get an even spread on a very large area. So I sprayed anyway and then smoothed over with a soft brush on an extension. (Note: the brush will get waterproofed too!) This produced an even coating and after removing excess it was left to dry. By using this method I actually used a lot less than the manufacturers predict.
Drying is quite fast in reasonable weather and a brief shower the following day showed the fabric to be pretty well waterproof.
There was enough liquid left to re-wax my wax jacket using the same technique which now seems ok, and there is still enough left for other jobs.
Beware: The finished article needs to breathe for quite a while as the smell of the liquid can give eye irritation. Ideally leave a tent or bit of clothing outside in fresh air for a day or two before bringing inside or packing up.
Overall well satisfied.
on 3 September 2015
Brilliant!!!! I was concerned my new tent with only a 2000mm HH may not cope with a bad storm so I bought the 2.5 bottle (came with a sprayer). Very glad I did spray the new tent as we had horrendous weather during our holiday. We were well protected, no leaks whatsoever. I also spotted various other old camping items and I'm really pleased with the result. The water forms droplets oh the surface of the fabric and it then just rolls off. I've been camping for decades and I just wish I'd invested in this sooner, Id have saved money from throwing away kit unnecessarily. The 2 5l bottle was a better value buy then the other sizes. I have 2/3 of it left at least, even after spraying a 5 berth talk dome tent & many other bits and pieces. Very happy with my investment in this product & strongly recommended.