1,146 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive
This is a great little gizmo, but what you are interested in is possibly why not to get it? So Up front, negative first.
Published on 30 April 2009 by Tom Crawford

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad
Published on 23 July 2008 by ED

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, 30 April 2009
Tom Crawford (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Belkin CoolSpot Cooling Stand for Laptops up to 17-inch - Black (Accessory)
1, It is a little noisier than i thought. Basically it is louder than my laptop fan, but to be honest you get used to it and don't notice it after a while. (Note this is in a dead quiet bedroom). If you have music on, or are using head phones, or in a space such as an office, you would never hear it
2, It uses a USB socket. This isn't bad, but as it does not come with an extra one, it means you have to either sacrifice one, or buy a hub. Solution = But the one with a 4 way hub.(Belkin Cooling stand with built in 4-Port Hi Speed USB 2.0 Hub, Black) But it is £11 more, and if you only ever use a memory stick or a USB mouse then this is not an issue anyway (also your wonderful laptop you are trying to save may have more than two USB ports.) (Moreover, you can just unplug it, and use the port, e.g. to get a file off you memory stick and plug it back in, as the fan gets up to speed in like 3 seconds!)
3- I have a 13.3" screen. A laptop any bigger would overlap this product. In all honesty this would not be too much of an issue unless you desktop replacement is 17" or more i reckon, cause then it may not be very stable.

Positives
1, Cheap, seems like great value for money.
2, Small and very light. So it is portable. Would fit in a bag or laptop case.
3, REALLY COLD. Cause of the wave shape, it appears to cool the whole underside of the laptop!
4, Comfortable on the lap. I am writing this with it on my lap, the fan is freezing my knees, no more lap burn!
5, Seems pretty safe. My laptop refuses to slip of it, except at silly angles.
6, Has a little stand, if you want to use it at a desk, to raise keyboard.
7, Looks smart, neat and tidy.

Conclusion: Well worth the money, and an excellent product! Shame i did not spot the USB hub edition (as mentioned) But so far so good! (Time will tell how durable it is, but i think it will last, as its beauty is in its simplicity.)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 23 July 2008
I bought this stand on a whim as my macbook was getting rather hot from overuse. It does exactly what it says, it keeps the laptop cooler, the fan appears to be very effective, blowing air onto the bottom of the laptop rather than trying to suck air away like many other coolers. All good thus far, however i will now be buying an ilap stand i think. The problem for me was that the fan was a bit too noisy, its not awful, but macbooks make no real noise so its very noticeable. In addition to this the stand, though not badly made, feels a little cheap and i know that given a bit of travelling i would have knocked it to pieces before too long. Finally the battery drain with the fan running is a little frustrating. If the noise isn't a problem and if your laptop is just going to sit on your desk all the time this is a great stand, otherwise look elsewhere.

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb little cooler!, 1 Oct. 2008
Belkin Laptop Cooling Stand

I have been looking online for a cheap laptop stand so I could use my Inspiron 1525 in bed and on my lap without frying my legs. After much searching online I decided to get the Belkin laptop stand.

The stand is lightweight and it has surprised me how much air the fan can move. After any amount of use the whole laptop would feel hot to touch but with the stand running it feels much cooler all over.

This is a superb little cooler which I'd recommend for those who need a cooler to use on your lap as well as on a desk.

One negative thing is that a 15" laptop is about the largest it would take so for those of you lucky enough to have a larger laptop it would be best to look elsewhere!

3.0 out of 5 stars Chilling machine, 19 Aug. 2011
My laptop has a peculiar heating problem. it has common sink between its processor and graphics chip (dell 1558). So i decided to opt for a laptop cooling pad. While searching across net, i found that Belkin is only brand comes to compete with cheap non branded laptop coolers. Other like logitec or sony were too costly.
Although this pad is not enough for 15" laptop, the 17" model of the cooling pad is not widely available. My laptop has already ergonomic curved surface at the back so it slips sometimes. But my other laptop which one is flat sticks well to rubber pad. I managed to fit my 15.4 laptop with some custom fitments myself.

People were complaining about its noise, but given my laptops high end config it already produces lot of fan noise. so this guys hums with them.

So I'm just categorizing based on pros n cons

Pros,
1. Light weight.
2. Real chiller, really keeps my laptop and lap cool
3. Ergonomic design. Fits well on lap or on flat surface.
4. Good grip for flat laptops.

Cons,
1. Not quite suitable for 15" laptop.
2. Stand topples sometimes
3. does not have sturdy feeling.

at the end i would say its a worth product to try but a complete satisfaction.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin!, 8 Mar. 2008
I bought the Belkin Laptop Cooling Stand mainly due to the reasonable price and the fact that no external power supply is needed for the fan. The stand is great and even comes with a handy storage section for the cable (but the door is a little stiff to open). There's also an option to use the stand on a desk using the fold-out foot at the rear.

One disadvantage of the stand is that it doesn't cope well with 15.4" screen laptops, but I've overcome this by turning it around 180 degrees.

And yes, no more hot laps!

5.0 out of 5 stars really good!!!, 23 Jan. 2010
I brought this because although my laptop wasn't hot, it didn't get the cooling I thought it should. I used this with my hp 15.6 laptop and it works extremely well with this, I doubt it'd be that effective with a 17" laptop unless the vents on the underneath are close to the middle of the laptop. I wouldn't use this on my lap or bed but there are plenty of other things you can put beneath it, anything flat really.

It works brilliantly and although not silent it doesn't make a heck of a noise. And as for the most important feature and reason I brought it the cooling. It's brilliant, really is, it cools the whole laptop and is actually quite chilly if you ever put your hands by the sides. Which is where the curve comes in handy as it doesn't matter where your vents are on your laptop they'll all get cool blown to them. Even my exhaust fan churns out cold air if I'm not doing anything intensive. Something that other people complained about in other reviews of this was the back panel which you use to support the back up to a level. It's now been fixed so that it clicks into place so is sturdier than before.

Overall this is by far the best accessory for a laptop and really does a good job. I'd defiantly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Highly Effective Lapdesk with a Powered Fan - Using a Laptop just Became that much more Pleasant, 14 Mar. 2015
William Mason (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This Belkin Cooling Lounge is a comfortable and ergonomically well thought out lap desk, for use when working with your laptop whilst sat down. I use it with a 17 inch Dell laptop.
The lapdesk has a built in fan which sucks cool air inwards, to help stop your lap getting too warm whilst your working or playing on your computer. The underside of the tray has a soft foam filled cushion, which is both supportive and comfortable. It's firm enough that it doesn't sag around your legs, but much more gentle than the underside of your lap top. There's a twin outlet fan in the middle of the desk, approximately 3.25 inches (8 cms) in diameter. The topside of the fan is made of a robust feeling, hard plastic, gently curved downwards towards the centre. This curvature leaves a small gap between the middle of the tray and the underside of your laptop, so that the heat being generated by the computer's battery is blown outwards away from your body by the fan. It works a treat.
You power up the fan by plugging it into the USB socket on your laptop. The lead is built into the tray and is 16 inches (40 cms) long, it's long enough to reach from the lap desk to a USB socket on the left or right hand side of your laptop. The fan switches on as soon as you plug it into your laptop. There's no on-off button so you disconnect the lead to switch off the fan. The noise of the fan is audible, it sounds like very quite tyre noise from a moving car, it doesn't disturb me or my girlfriend. I definite find it a lot more pleasant to use my laptop on my sofa or in bed, especially for extended periods, if it's sat on the lapdesk. Recommended.
Thank you for taking the time to read this review.

4.0 out of 5 stars 17" I Wouldn't Trust It, 6 April 2014
This is a great cooling fan stand for a laptop however i am not sure i would trust the claim for 17" laptops.
A few negatives about this are that it can be noisy, it's hardly noticeable but in a quiet room you would hear it clearly. Another negative and quite an important one for me is that I'm not sure i could trust it. A 17" laptop is big compared to the small size of the stand, this means that with a knock to a table this could easily collapse the little stand could damage both the fan and the laptop.
I would recommend this unit s the price is cheap, this means you will definitely be getting value for money.
Another advantage is that it is very small and light, although i said this was a problem with a 17" laptop with a smaller laptop this would be good enough and light enough to cary around. Also this stand has 1 fan, many others have 2 or 3 and this 1 fan seems to be just as good and the whole bottom of the laptop gets really cold.

I would recommend this product to everyone who uses a laptop which easily heats up, such as gamers or heavy laptop users and the price is great value for money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs up!, 21 April 2011
I'm using this cooling stand for some weeks now, and really happy with it. My laptop is a DELL xps 1330 with a 7200 RPM HDD and 128 mb Nvidia Gefore, so no doubt its producing more heat and as a result it used to work slow than expected.
But thanks to the cooling pad, I can work worry free. The only problem, if you are in a room without noise you will notice the sound of the cooling pad, but it's acceptable for a entry level cooling pad like this. Apart from that I have no issue with the product, thumbs up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfied with the cooling, 12 July 2011
The Belkin Laptop cooling Stand helps cooling my very expensive and very HOT Dell Vostro 1320 .I dont use it on my lap , but just on the table .
I have such a dissapointment with my Dell Ultimate Vista 64 bits ( i was supposed to get the window 7 upgrade but never got it ) and with the customer care eventhough i paid for a 3 years guarantee .
It does not work without electricity and it becomes extremely HOT HOT SO hot that i could fry an egg on it !

So you can imagine how relieved i was when i saw this Belkin cooling on Amazon .I wish i got it last year .

I did try to send back the laptop , even had a lawyer , but apparently , it was made specially for me so had no right to return
and refund

Now i got an HP dm1-3125sd 11.6inch and it one does not need cooling .

My 13 inch Dell fits perfectly on top of the Belkin and it helps to cool off . It does not take the heat completely , but it is much less , as my grand children can play for hours with their games .

i would buy another one if my netbook was too hot , but it is not.
I am happy i found the Belkin at Dear Amazon !!!