1,021 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive
This is a great little gizmo, but what you are interested in is possibly why not to get it? So Up front, negative first.
Published on 30 April 2009 by Tom Crawford

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad
Published on 23 July 2008 by ED

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, 30 April 2009
Tom Crawford (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Belkin Cooling Stand for Laptops up to 17-inch - Black (Accessory)
1, It is a little noisier than i thought. Basically it is louder than my laptop fan, but to be honest you get used to it and don't notice it after a while. (Note this is in a dead quiet bedroom). If you have music on, or are using head phones, or in a space such as an office, you would never hear it
2, It uses a USB socket. This isn't bad, but as it does not come with an extra one, it means you have to either sacrifice one, or buy a hub. Solution = But the one with a 4 way hub.(Belkin Cooling stand with built in 4-Port Hi Speed USB 2.0 Hub, Black) But it is 11 more, and if you only ever use a memory stick or a USB mouse then this is not an issue anyway (also your wonderful laptop you are trying to save may have more than two USB ports.) (Moreover, you can just unplug it, and use the port, e.g. to get a file off you memory stick and plug it back in, as the fan gets up to speed in like 3 seconds!)
3- I have a 13.3" screen. A laptop any bigger would overlap this product. In all honesty this would not be too much of an issue unless you desktop replacement is 17" or more i reckon, cause then it may not be very stable.

Positives
1, Cheap, seems like great value for money.
2, Small and very light. So it is portable. Would fit in a bag or laptop case.
3, REALLY COLD. Cause of the wave shape, it appears to cool the whole underside of the laptop!
4, Comfortable on the lap. I am writing this with it on my lap, the fan is freezing my knees, no more lap burn!
5, Seems pretty safe. My laptop refuses to slip of it, except at silly angles.
6, Has a little stand, if you want to use it at a desk, to raise keyboard.
7, Looks smart, neat and tidy.

Conclusion: Well worth the money, and an excellent product! Shame i did not spot the USB hub edition (as mentioned) But so far so good! (Time will tell how durable it is, but i think it will last, as its beauty is in its simplicity.)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 23 July 2008
I bought this stand on a whim as my macbook was getting rather hot from overuse. It does exactly what it says, it keeps the laptop cooler, the fan appears to be very effective, blowing air onto the bottom of the laptop rather than trying to suck air away like many other coolers. All good thus far, however i will now be buying an ilap stand i think. The problem for me was that the fan was a bit too noisy, its not awful, but macbooks make no real noise so its very noticeable. In addition to this the stand, though not badly made, feels a little cheap and i know that given a bit of travelling i would have knocked it to pieces before too long. Finally the battery drain with the fan running is a little frustrating. If the noise isn't a problem and if your laptop is just going to sit on your desk all the time this is a great stand, otherwise look elsewhere.

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb little cooler!, 1 Oct 2008
Belkin Laptop Cooling Stand

I have been looking online for a cheap laptop stand so I could use my Inspiron 1525 in bed and on my lap without frying my legs. After much searching online I decided to get the Belkin laptop stand.

The stand is lightweight and it has surprised me how much air the fan can move. After any amount of use the whole laptop would feel hot to touch but with the stand running it feels much cooler all over.

This is a superb little cooler which I'd recommend for those who need a cooler to use on your lap as well as on a desk.

One negative thing is that a 15" laptop is about the largest it would take so for those of you lucky enough to have a larger laptop it would be best to look elsewhere!

3.0 out of 5 stars Chilling machine, 19 Aug 2011
My laptop has a peculiar heating problem. it has common sink between its processor and graphics chip (dell 1558). So i decided to opt for a laptop cooling pad. While searching across net, i found that Belkin is only brand comes to compete with cheap non branded laptop coolers. Other like logitec or sony were too costly.
Although this pad is not enough for 15" laptop, the 17" model of the cooling pad is not widely available. My laptop has already ergonomic curved surface at the back so it slips sometimes. But my other laptop which one is flat sticks well to rubber pad. I managed to fit my 15.4 laptop with some custom fitments myself.

People were complaining about its noise, but given my laptops high end config it already produces lot of fan noise. so this guys hums with them.

So I'm just categorizing based on pros n cons

Pros,
1. Light weight.
2. Real chiller, really keeps my laptop and lap cool
3. Ergonomic design. Fits well on lap or on flat surface.
4. Good grip for flat laptops.

Cons,
1. Not quite suitable for 15" laptop.
2. Stand topples sometimes
3. does not have sturdy feeling.

at the end i would say its a worth product to try but a complete satisfaction.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin!, 8 Mar 2008
I bought the Belkin Laptop Cooling Stand mainly due to the reasonable price and the fact that no external power supply is needed for the fan. The stand is great and even comes with a handy storage section for the cable (but the door is a little stiff to open). There's also an option to use the stand on a desk using the fold-out foot at the rear.

One disadvantage of the stand is that it doesn't cope well with 15.4" screen laptops, but I've overcome this by turning it around 180 degrees.

And yes, no more hot laps!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the size shown, 25 Jan 2011
The dimensions shown for this are not correct.
It actually measures 29cm wide x 28.5cm tall which is quite small.
My 15.5 inch laptop struggles to stay balanced on it.
It would suit an old style 4:3 laptop (squarer) better than a new 16:9 type (longer and narrower).
Also the flip out back leg which gives it the angle, does not click into position.
This means that if you move it, the leg falls down and dislodges your laptop.
The positioning depends entirely on the projecting feet on the bottom of your laptop model.
They will sometimes drop right on the edge of this stand and drive you nuts.
The fan on mine is VERY noisy.
But, to be fair, the fan does blow upwards towards the laptop.
I'm an engineer and discovered that another unit I'd bought blew downwards.
This is fine except that the laptop sucks air in at the bottom to cool the processor.
When the cooling platform does the opposite, both fans are competing against each other and the processor actually overheats instead of cooling down.
Test your laptop with a feather or thin strip of tissue to see which way the fan underneath is working.
You then need a platform that does exactly the same thing.
Laptop sucks in on the bottom face - platform sucks in on the bottom face (underneath).
Laptop blows out on the bottom face - platform blows out on the bottom face (underneath).
Hope this helps.
.....frostyboy.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, easy to use fan., 27 July 2010
Bought this as our laptop has bad habit of overheating, works very well and fan is quiet. Very good purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for my laptop, 19 Aug 2009
I am so pleased with my Belkin and it really does what it says. In fact I have just sent for another one for my grandson. I use my laptop on the bed as I tend to be a bit of a non sleeper. I was so concerned as my duvet was getting a bit too warm, this is the answer and its fantastic.I can plug in the laptop to charge whilst working and just add the Belkin. What could be simpler.

5.0 out of 5 stars really good!!!, 23 Jan 2010
I brought this because although my laptop wasn't hot, it didn't get the cooling I thought it should. I used this with my hp 15.6 laptop and it works extremely well with this, I doubt it'd be that effective with a 17" laptop unless the vents on the underneath are close to the middle of the laptop. I wouldn't use this on my lap or bed but there are plenty of other things you can put beneath it, anything flat really.

It works brilliantly and although not silent it doesn't make a heck of a noise. And as for the most important feature and reason I brought it the cooling. It's brilliant, really is, it cools the whole laptop and is actually quite chilly if you ever put your hands by the sides. Which is where the curve comes in handy as it doesn't matter where your vents are on your laptop they'll all get cool blown to them. Even my exhaust fan churns out cold air if I'm not doing anything intensive. Something that other people complained about in other reviews of this was the back panel which you use to support the back up to a level. It's now been fixed so that it clicks into place so is sturdier than before.

Overall this is by far the best accessory for a laptop and really does a good job. I'd defiantly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Product, 20 May 2011
I purchased this as my lap top used to get very very hot. I read the reviews and thought it was worth a go as it was not exactly expensive. It is fab, it has a little fan to cool the lap top which sits directly underneath the lap top when you place it on the stand. I would recommend this to anyone. One tiny little comment but not a negative is that the cable to attach the stand to the lap top is a tad short and I have to place mine - which is a Toshiba Equium, slightly to the left, but this makes no difference at all. Excellent value for money and the stand arrived before the email confirming the purchase !!!