on 16 February 2010
I was delighted to see this on sale in Amazon as it is a game I love as a child myself.
This is a simple game that is fast to learn and easy to adapt different versions to cater for different ages and skills.
Take turns to roll the dice and collect pieces of fish to build your own completed flounders
The actual pieces are fairly robust and will last well if treated with a little respect.
Nice to find a simple fun game that doesn't rely on ages of set up time, battery operated gimmicks or consoles.
We have a house full of Wii, nintendos, computers and iphones - over Christmas this simple game became the most played and enjoyed game of the lot!
on 14 May 2013
I remember this game from my childhood & bought it for my sons at Christmas.
its a much loved game with us all, the pieces are quite flimsy though.
was better made in my day!
Excellent game though, my sons 5 & 8 and understood the game fine.
on 9 May 2012
This is a fun and simple game, teaches children to recongnise the numbers/dots on the dice, to share, take turns, learn that you might not always win, and that the final outcome isn't clear until the last flouder is completed! The pieces of the flounder are collected by throwing the dice, can add up the sum of two die or use the two numbers seperately. This game is super fun and always gets everyone excited about who will end up with which flounders. It has stood the test of time, I used to play it 40 years ago with my grandparents and I now play (with a new set) with my own children, age 8 and 5.

Ideal for children aged 4 and upwards. (perhaps age 3 is ok too)
on 27 June 2013
Brought this for my son as it was somthing we used to play years ago with my parents when I was a child. Easy to play good for learing the numbers on a dice. If you like old fashioned simple party games still a laugh with adults as well.
on 20 August 2011
The dummy fairy bought this for my 4 year old son! A very fun game with added twists to keep you entertained. I think that perhaps 4 years old is a little young for the game as it does take a while to play. I would say that it is better suited for a 5yrs + to get the most out of the game. Highly recommend as a good family game!
on 8 July 2015
This game was a fun pastime in my childhood. The flounders were so cute and it was one of my favourite games aside from Market Day, Fox and Rabbits and Coppit. Its a simple game but I think kids today will still enjoy it.
on 30 November 2013
I was a little disappointed with the box as the bits will easily be lost in this envelope style container. A traditional box would be better and it was this that made my original game from the 70s still intact and enjoyed.
on 20 December 2012
good game for a class of 30 children to play during a wet play time as they like this sort of game
on 14 April 2016
This has been a family favourite for many years and was bought to replace a previous box that was definitely the worse for wear. It is a really fun game and young and old seem to enjoy it equally.
on 28 January 2013
Fun but the pieces are hard to fit into the frames to make the fish - frustrating for my children which will mean it will not become a favourite