Format: DVD|Change

on 4 January 2015
it a brilliant English comedy, Chloe Hesar is a brilliant actress who would make an excellent dr who assistant. Her music as cloe corpse is brilliant as well, if you love real music check out her songs. All in all this film is one of the best British films in years. If you miss this than you miss out
on 10 January 2016
A great little uk made film, with a fab cast, about a guy who does battle reenactments.
He doesn't realise that his life has slowly unravelled whilst he's away clashing swords etc...
Its very funny and well written, directed etc.

Thoroughly enjoyed.
on 17 December 2012
I have been a medieval re-enactor in the past, (still sometimes delve into it!) so when a friend showed me this, I was desirous to add it to my DVD collection. A lot of it hits home and is very familiar. Brilliant!
on 28 July 2013
I really enjoyed this film.Edie Marsan was excellant as he always is and the story line made me laugh.Even moe funny if you happen to be a star trek fan.I highly recommend this film.Good family viewing too.
on 27 October 2015
Okay. Light hearted, but a bit self indulgent and dull. Typical British comedy, with an overly sentimental, family feud fantasy.
Just not that funny, more depressing really, but has a positive ending.
on 1 May 2010
As a re-enactor this film was a great watch. It doesn't matter which period you follow all the characters are just so spot on. We all have them and the humour and zany antics were just captured perfectly. I especially loved the sequence where they were practising their battle tactics in the DIY store - it's just so true.

Congratulations to the makers they really captured the essence of what it means to be a crazy re-enactor - absorbed by the whole experience of living history.

It's a great film and a great laugh for all - I'd highly recommend it.
on 26 February 2013
Great for a cheap laugh, Best of British Comedies I've seen for a while and some at some of the moment's of the film had me and my friend's laughing on the floor !!!
on 14 September 2011
This film is a heartwarming trip into the geekish world of historical re-enactment with a little bit of Treky fandom thrown in. I didn't find any parts where I laughed out loud but I fell in love with the characters and wanted themn to succeed. A film full of light hearted moments, ideal for a night in to releive the stress of modern life.
on 4 June 2013
This film is heartwarming, funny and so different from other films out there. The actors are brilliant and the storyline is great.
on 2 March 2009
I have actually been involved in Viking re-enactment for 7 years and thought this film was absolutely brilliant! they have capture it exactly right and I was watching the film saying "been there, Done that!!" all the way through.