5.0 out of 5 stars Pure nostalgia!
As a youngster I subscribed to Jackie magazine (most young girls did) and most of the posters that adorned my bedroom walls were from the centrespread of this magazine.

Published on 25 Dec 2008 by Big Bertha

3.0 out of 5 stars OK BUT ONE TRACK
I love the 70's and every track seems original - except one. 'How can I be sure' by David Casside is NOT the orignial. I had the original and this one seems like a remake, but apart from that, the album keeps on truckin.
Published on 12 Jan 2009 by Paul Reynolds

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure nostalgia!, 25 Dec 2008
Big Bertha (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Jackie: The Album Vol. 2 (Audio CD)

The music on this CD set takes me right back to my first becoming aware of music and the charts. My parents had me very young and were themselves into music, so memories are of music they liked as well as my brothers and my own personal favourites.

A real trip down memory lane, pure nostalgia at it's best! Spread over 3 Cds there are 70 tracks of all the hits way back when Jackie was topping the magazine sales. David Cassidy, Sweet, T-Rex, Smokie, Hot Chocolate, David Essex - too many favourites to list them all and so many memories!

The enclosed booklet has track listings and copies of various pages from the magazine such as Pop gossip, Cathy and Claire page and Your letters.

The perfect gift and one that I will treasure.

Update: Like this so much I've just ordered Jackie Vol 1.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great summary of the music which mattered to the Jackie girl of the time., 26 Dec 2008
Flickering Ember "I need a break and I wanna ... (Once Upon A Long Ago.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Jackie: The Album Vol. 2 (Audio CD)
The tracklisting is comphrehensive and offers great value for money, with 60-odd tracks which take you down memory lane.

I was not around at the time, and I never read Jackie, but I know enough about Jackie and its demographic of readers to know that the contents of these CDs would really appeal to those who were there at the time.

There are some chart hits and absolute classics such as Valli's December '63 (What A Night), Wings' Listen To What The Man Said and Crocodile Rock by Elton John. This will take you right back there to those times, whether or not you were there the first time around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Teens 70s, 28 Nov 2009
This review is from: Jackie: The Album Vol. 2 (Audio CD)
Spent the whole of my teens through the 70s. couldn`t have spent it any where else. What a diverse decade england went through. The music made the decade which seen us through strikes, power cuts, riots, wars (far a field) drought, the 76` heat wave and water shortages. VIVA 70s Tunes.

Adrian C

5.0 out of 5 stars greta, 28 Dec 2013
This review is from: Jackie: The Album Vol. 2 (Audio CD)
speaks for it's self great mixture of music good to get a party started well worth adding to your collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia in a box, 9 Nov 2010
This review is from: Jackie: The Album Vol. 2 (Audio CD)
Great to annoy the kids in the car when playing at top volume!

Every track a classic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album and its not just for girls!, 11 Aug 2009
This review is from: Jackie: The Album Vol. 2 (Audio CD)
A brilliant marketing job, the only downside of which is that the album is only aimed at women of a certain age, and a lot of blokes might avoid it because of that, (well the proper 'Gene Hunt' types anyway!)
Aside from that its brilliant with the exception of the previously mentioned re-recorded David Cassidy track.
I think I recorded most of these songs on my Dad's reel to reel straight off 'Top of the Pops' so its nice to have decent versions, and so many too.

5.0 out of 5 stars (Volume)TWO FOR THE SHOW!, 20 Feb 2009
John P. Pripusich "Jack P." (Glen Ellyn, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jackie: The Album Vol. 2 (Audio CD)
Great from start to finish! Great tunes from the late 60's and 70's...Huge hits and hard-to-find nuggets! I want to echo the high notes from previous Vol.1 and Vol. 2 reviewers. The "packaging" is for the ladies, but, hey, this is GREAT music! Tons of fun for ANYONE!So, yeah, don't let the "girl-theme" give you a moment's hesitation! And the sound is spectacular! Looking forward to a Volume 3 (In the works?). Again, to the fine people at "Jackie"...the love you put into this project is crystal clear. Great job! A couple of quick notes: "I Think I Love You" IS by David Cassidy (Not the Partridge Family---but a good replica!)...and I agree that all Cassidy tunes on both volumes are "newer" (2001) recordings, but they are very well done. By the way...a quick question...My two volumes arrived without any "shrinkwrap" (or other outerwrap of any kind). Is that typical for "box sets" in stores in the UK? Anyone that can address this? Thanks. In the meantime, get both volumes!You will LOVE it!!.... and in the words of David Essex....Rock On! Thrilled to share the music with you from across the pond!

4.0 out of 5 stars Jackie - The Album Vol 2, 3 Feb 2009
Stephen W. Mason "Music Man" (Nelson, Lancashire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jackie: The Album Vol. 2 (Audio CD)
If you are into 1970's music this is the album for you. Also Get the Jackie Album Vol 1 and you will have a great deal of hits from this decade. Well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Same Track On Both Sets!, 7 Jan 2009
J. Hughes "realistcritic77" (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought both 'Jackie' CD's, as the Tracks are a fantastic
selection of old Hits.
However - I noticed that 'Love Is The Drug', by Roxy Music, is
on BOTH Sets! It is Track 12/CD 1 on the first 'Jackie' CD,
& Track 13/Disc 3 on the 2nd 'Jackie' CD!
How odd, that it was not spotted before the 2nd CD was Pressed!
But, I cannot recommend the CD's enough. They really do have a brilliant Set of Hits on them, & the sound quality is terrific too.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK BUT ONE TRACK, 12 Jan 2009
Paul Reynolds (Willenhall, UK) - See all my reviews

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Jackie: The Album Vol. 2
Jackie: The Album Vol. 2 by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2008)