on 3 December 2009
it was so great to see southend in the 50s as i remember it as a kid, and to see its history. as i was born there.
on 9 May 2010
For those amongst us who are interested to review Southend's past glories this DVD really fits the bill!
on 16 January 2015
A Christmas gift for my husband was not as good as I hoped,We thought it needed more of Southend in it's years of the 50s which was our teen years. Kursaal shots were too short, as were the illuminations of the Westcliffe cliffs of that era, Wonderland at night was beautiful. Would I recommend ? no I don't think so. we grew up there and it was great with the penny arcades etc Saturday morning picture club at the Ritz cinema, so many fond memories.
on 3 June 2016
bought a mixed bag about ESSEX looking to see old footage , the problem is all the titles about ESSEX fail to tell you that the footage is all the same just in a different order, and released under a different title. VERY BAD PRACTICE .
on 6 August 2014
Very pleased we bought this very entertaining and informative.
It was nice to look back and see what my parents lived.
on 28 June 2015
Brought this for my dad,he is 79,and said it was great to watch,and really enjoyed the old footage.
on 9 August 2010
not very impressed with dvd film is slightly boring, southend to me was a fun place to grow up in.