Product was exactly as discribed and looked new and unused, The delivery came in about 3 days. (earlier then estimated) A beautiful machine is a nice addition to my newly modeled kitchen
Published on 24 Mar. 2012 by wheeleme

1.0 out of 5 stars Maybe I had a bad one?
I bought an ESAM 6700 in August 2013.
First off - it's a very pretty machine. The 'fridgeable' milk jug is very handy and, initially I was very pleased with the machine itself.
As others have mentioned; it doesn't produce a hot cup of coffee unless the cup is preheated - but I could live with that.
Frothing of milk was very hit and miss - sometimes it...
Published 10 months ago by S. Gamble

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars De'Longhi Prima Donna Avant ESAM6700 Bean to Cup Espresso and Cappuccino Machine Stainless, Steel, 24 Mar. 2012
This review is from: De'Longhi Prima Donna Avant ESAM6700 15 Bar Bean to Cup Espresso and Cappuccino Machine - Stainless Steel (Kitchen & Home)
After using the machine for a few weeks now ... I managed to recovered from the inital shock of the pricey tag (although i did save on the full RRP) It is a fantastic addition to my kitchen. It produces coffee as good as any Cafe Bar, much quicker and less mess from my old Gaggia. You can rattle a number of coffee's off in no time and with zero mess.
I appreciate it most in the morning, i switch it on, feed the cats. Select my coffee and it's done in no time. Like having my own private 'starbuck' in my kitchen

1.Great Coffee
2.Fast
3.No mess or fuss
4.would fully recommend this product

Thanks Folks another succesful buy from Amazon.co.uk!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very expensive but nice, 9 Jan. 2010
AmazonToday "AmazonToday" (Stockton on Tees, England, UK) - See all my reviews
I was in the market for one of these machines for a while and nearly bought the cheaper ESAM6600. I eventually opted for this model because it seemed to offer more flexibility for long coffee. It is the same physical size as the ESAM600 and despite the massive box it comes in, which is mainly packaging; it sits on the kitchen top very nicely.

Very easy to set up, switch on and select language, then fill with water and coffee beans. The default setting for long coffee is standard strength with a quantity of 175ml. This proved to be quite strong and just right for me. This is delivered with one press of the button, and the first cup tasted perfect even though the manual says it takes a few cups. The strength is easily altered from extra mild to extra strong in 5 grades and the volume from 125 to 250ml. Likewise the machine will make espresso coffee in the range 40 to 120ml. As for coffee with milk, this is also very easy to do, you simply attach the container full of milk and press your desired choice of cappuccino, latte, macchiato or just plain hot milk. The machine will also dispense hot water extending its flexibility. The Long black coffee it produces is excellent and I have also experimented with an espresso topped up with hot water (Americano style). Likewise my wife will on occasion add a further quantity of frothy milk to her drink, or add plain milk to an extra mild small long. The variations seem endless.

The main difference between this and the cheaper ESAM6600, as far as I can tell, is the pre-programmed quantity and strength settings for long coffee and espresso. On the ESAM6700 there are 5 pre-sets and a custom setting. On the ESAM6600 there is only a custom setting which you need to alter every time you want a different quantity.

All in all I am very pleased with my purchase and hopefully will not regret spending the money on this, rather than a new desktop PC as originally intended. Its also worth considering that I spent almost twice this sum on a new Plasma TV a couple of years ago which can be bought today for a fraction of the original price, whilst the coffee machines do not get any cheaper and retain there value.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Coffee, great machine, 13 Feb. 2013
I don't usually write product reviews but this product costs a lot of money and so it may help to read about users experiences. It was quite a decision to spend this much on a machine to replace an old and much used previous DeLonghi bean to cup machine. My experience with the previous machine, and with De Longhi customer service when I had a problem early on, encouraged me to look for another De Longhi.
This machine does not disappoint. I purchased by one of the Amazon approved suppliers, a German Company, and delivery was efficient and quick. Sadly the unit came fitted with a German plug!
Set up and use is very easy. What really works for me on this machine is the following:

One touch latte and capuccino: Operation couldn't be easier. It really is as simple as pressing the button.

The milk jug attachment: This delivers the one-touch ability and is simple to fill and use. You can keep the jug in the fridge and connect it with a simple push when you want to use it.

The cleaning function: once you have used the milk jug the machine flashes 'clean' on the screen, you press a buitton on the jug and steam is pushed through the nozzsle giving the milk jug spout an easy and quick clean.

Flexibility: Haven't changed the settings for the amount of coffee/milk for each of the one-touch options because you really don't need to. If you press the 'Latte' button again while the machine is delivering milk it stops the milk and moves on to the coffee.

Easy: It really is easy to use - turn it on, press the button and wait...the beans are ground (some noise but nothing excessive), the machine whirrs and a lovely smooth cup of coffee - great crema on the top.

Down sides: Only a couple of minor niggles with the milk jug and none that would stop me purchasing had I known about them first: The jug is a great feature (saves having to manually steam the milk in a seperate cup of jug) but a) it seems a little less sturdy than the machine itself (the handle feels a little 'flimsy) and the switch to change the amount of foam in the milk could be more sturdy too - its a little difficult to swap easily between the lower foam required for a Latte and the increased foam that is desirable for a Capuccino as it is a little difficult to easily access at the top of the jug. I guess these niggles could have been easily rectified at design on what is (in my world anyway) a premium price machine.

Hope that helps. Buy it and enjoy it...ours gets used every day!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Ever !, 20 May 2011
This is indeed the best piece of Kitchen machinery I have ever bought.

The ability to create better coffee at home than you can buy at any of the usual outlets is really something and great fun especially if you take the time to drive the coffee maker manually .

Good, freshly roasted, Coffee beans are a must and worth every penny - well pound if I'm honest.

The machine is easy to clean and appears to be very well made.

Soya works as well for my Wife as real semi-skimmed milk does for me but we should prehaps invest in out own Jugs in order to avoid the odd domestic !

Word of warning - not all our friends seem to appreciate the full lecture on the source of the beans and the precise techniques the machine uses in the production of their choosen Coffee - get over it I say ! enjoy.

Fantastic toy - just buy one !

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy to use, 4 Feb. 2010
Mrs. Claire Marsden (UK) - See all my reviews
I had been looking at various bean to cup coffee machines for a while and had decided between two, the De Longhi ESAM5500 and the ESAM6600 as I liked the idea of one touch with a milk jug which can be kept in the fridge between coffee making, not to mention self grinding and cleaning. Then along comes the ESAM6700 with extra features to make my life easier. Only trouble was the price jumped quite considerably and I had to weigh up whether the extra features were worth the price tag. After much research and consideration I decided on the 6700 which still wasn't yet in the country in the few outlets that were selling them. Having placed it on my favourites list with Amazon priced around the standard £1295 I notice one day they were selling it for £945! A bargain considering the 6600 is retailing for around that.

My machine arrived promptly and was easy to use straight out of the box. It doesn't come with any beans or cups so make sure you have some in. After filling the water tank and setting it up for language, time, water hardness etc, all very easy using the touch screen, I was ready to go. The first couple of cups weren't brilliant but after that it was great. My husband drinks mostly long black with a nice crema which is programmable to the desired length and strength you want. We usually select "long" and press the two cup button which gives double strength. This machine grinds your beans with 7 variable settings or you can use the pre-ground compartment where you add one measure at a time.

I drink milky coffee and find the one touch facility OK but may need tweeking to your own tastes. There are a few problems with the milk side of things, nothing major. After a couple of months the milk jug doesn't slide in it's housing as smoothly as it did new. This I've read can be a common problem and can be solved by using a silicone lubricant which I have not yet tried, I just wiggle it about until it goes in. The 3 settings for milky coffee are Cappuccino (which I find to be a bit strong), Latte (a bit on the watery side as it uses more steam) and Macchiato (which gives you the distinctive layering effect but the foam is very bubbly and dry) I set the lever to between Macchiato and Latte and this allows for a slightly denser foam. No matter what setting you have the milk jug on you can select any of the milky coffees on the machine ie. Macchiato on the milk jug and make a Latte coffee.

One other thing I've noticed about the milk frothing is that the temperature of the milk on it's own is not very hot, so if you want to make a hot chocolate (this is one of the main reasons for choosing the 6700 over the 6600 as you have a seperate milk button for either hot chocolates or just topping up your coffee with a bit more milk) then you'd be wise to either use a setting that has more steam and is therefore hotter but not as creamy, or mix your chocolate powder with hot water and then add the frothed milk.

Black coffee wise, this machine is great and with the small issues with the milk side of things this is still a better option than the 6600 or less because having the "milk" and "long" buttons gives you more options to fine tune your drink.

As far as the maintenance goes it's all pretty straight forward. The machine comes with a descale solution but buy some more (easily available, Amazon sell them) as if, like me, you live in an area with very hard water you will need to carry this out fairly regularly and it's pretty easy to do aswell. The machine will tell you when to fill the water tank and add more beans, empty the grounds container and the overflow tray. It auto cleans when it switches on and off so there really is no hassle, making it very user friendly and easy to maintain, which at this price is essential.

It's never going to compare equally with a coffee made by a barista but for a one touch home option it's probably the next best thing. Above all, shop around. Well done Amazon for a very competitive price for mine!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - absolutely brilliant!, 6 Nov. 2010
I read as many reviews as I could find before purchasing this item. The most useful being the ones here on Amazon.

We have long experience of espresso type machines - this was to be our first Bean to Cup. It was clear that our brand loyalty to Gaggia would have to end.

This machine does EVERYTHING it says it should do. My wife drinks the pre-programmed cappuccino, which means I have use of the My Coffee program. Switch it on, wait for it to heat up (15 seconds?!) cup in, milk jug in, press button, retrieve cup, switch off. Drink excellent coffee at the strength of your choice, with water at the temperature you want, with milk frothed in one of 3 ways. Virtually self cleaning - absolutely no mess.

It's not very often that you consider a white-goods purchase as an investment. But for us amateur coffee-connoisseurs - this is the one.

Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like the proffesional coffee shops, 28 Aug. 2013
Darren Hartley (Horwich , Bolton ,Lancs) - See all my reviews
All excellent. I read a few comments about this item with one person giving it a low rating and be honest they are petty and dont know what they are talking about. I have upgraded from a gaggia brero and this machine beats it in every way. Coffee lovers will not be dissapointed with this item it is fantastic. You have to do a little setting up when you first get it but after that is great. Even without the setting up the coffee machine has default settings which you will be happy with.
All I wanted was a no hassle coffee without the hassles of frothing the milk myself which was the Issue I had with the Gaggia Brero and never really got the milk creamy frothy with that one. This one however especially setting it to the latte machiatto makes the milk so creamy and frothed to perfection its perfect. I am trying to pick holes in the product but really I cannot and one pathetic review off someone else does not do this machine justice enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great machine, 24 Sept. 2013
I was concerned by some of the negative reviews about this machine however I had no need to worry. Easy to use and set up make great tasting hot coffee, the milk system is first class delivering a perfect cappuccino or latte. Just make sure you use a quality freshly roasted coffee and you will love the result. Why not 5 stars? well it comes with a water filter that fits into the water tank but no details of how to purchase a replacement, no part number or any information. I emailed DeLongi customer support but have not received any reply it seems they cant be bothered to help. Not a deal breaker as it will work without a filter it will just need descaling more often.
A big well done to Amazon who have this machine at an amazingly low price one dealer, who claimed to offer a price match said they were unable to in this case as they could not buy it in for that price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great coffee machine in both looks and results, 13 Jan. 2015
I opted to go for this having been a Nespresso owner for some years.

One of the big concerns raised in discussion and reviews is whether the drinks are hot. I can say quite categorically that there is nothing wrong with the temperature of these drinks. I have not even changed the temperature setting from the default (so another two higher levels are available if I wanted) and I already find the drinks perfect. They're hot enough that you cannot neck them down, but not so hot that you can't enjoy them immediately. The whole point of fresh coffee is to brew them without burning the coffee. Want a "hot" tip? Just preheat the cups with hot water using the hot water function - give it a few seconds, pour it away, and make your coffee in the heated cup.

A second tip for retaining the heat for longer is to use flask-like insulated cups or glasses. I got some De Longhi glass ones (that show off the layered drinks nicely), though admittedly they're not cheap. Others are available though, and I also have some brilliant metal flask-type mugs from IKEA that cost about two quid each.

There is a passive cup-heater (like a "hot"plate on the top) - but it's somewhat pointless because it does not conduct enough heat to significantly warm up your cups. Since the machine auto-powers-off after 30 minutes anyway, it would have to be in constant use for the heater to stay on any length of time. And then if it was in constant use, presumably you would be using the cups off the heater faster than they would warm up...

There's an Energy-saving mode - but I'm not entirely sure what difference it makes when this is on or not. I didn't see any difference in the power-off time, heat up time, or anything else.

It takes exactly one minute from power on from cold, to being ready for action (time to create the drink itself then obviously depends on what you choose). You can even set it to come on at a certain time - for example in the morning when you get up.

There's enough room in the coffee bean hopper to fit a 250g bag of beans. The question is really how quickly you will get through this, because if the beans have been there for weeks they'll obviously be less fresh. I prefer to part-fill the hopper, keep the rest in the freezer, and just add some every few days - enjoying a fresher brew.

The various drinks are all great, and though I usually drink mine black, I also like a macchiato on occasion. The missus loves the latte and has bought some vanilla syrup to recreate her coffeeshop favourite. The milk jug is well designed and easily attached/detached, allowing you to store it in the fridge - but to be honest the milk doesn't stay fresh in there for longer than a few days so we don't keep it full. The froth regulator creates a good frothy milk with minimum mess (and includes a self clean button to be used afterwards). You can tweak the sizes of both milk and coffee for each preset to suit your tastes (and cup sizes).

On the subject of cleaning, the startup includes a pre-rinse, and the shutdown includes an after-rinse. At least every few weeks, you'll want to give the machine a proper clean on the inside as well, but it's maybe a 5 minute job - just a case of brushing out the loose coffee grains, taking out the thermoblock to clean it, and giving the insides a wipe down.

There are a few niggles. The 1.8 litre water tank seems to need refilling more often than you might expect. Some of that capacity is displaced by the water filter, if you have opted to fit one. The grounds container (where the used coffee is collected until you empty it) has an annoying little partition in the middle, the purpose of which escapes me... other than to hinder the capacity of the container.
The drip tray being flat and wide means a balancing act to get to the sink without spilling if you let it get too full. The indicator is a rudimentary red plastic float that pops up the more liquid is in the tray - not a sensor. So you do have to keep an eye out for that getting full.

The only thing I miss about my Nespresso is the ability to choose a completely different flavour coffee each time, I quite liked that level of variety. But it's not the end of the world, and of course you can still vary the beans - albeit to a slightly lesser extent. And it's worth pointing out that I now pay a fraction of the cost per cup.

The negatives are far outweighed by the positives, and this really is a smart coffee machine both in looks and results. Highly recommended if you like your coffee.

1.0 out of 5 stars Maybe I had a bad one?, 21 Jun. 2014
I bought an ESAM 6700 in August 2013.
Frothing of milk was very hit and miss - sometimes it worked beautifully; other times it just spluttered and delivered very little.
The facility to select different strengths of coffee was great - I like mine really strong while my wife likes hers weak.
It never quite managed to produce me a full mug of really strong coffee (by selecting two long espressos) - but it got close.
The dedicated 'Long Coffee' button got it maybe a little stronger - but it took a while to produce the coffee.
Despite these flaws I'd have probably given it 4 stars - but then the trouble started.
In February 2014 the milk frothing heater stopped working. It still produced espresso etc but wouldn't produce frothed milk, hot milk or hot water - it just displayed 'heating' continuously. Six months old and failed - OK maybe it was just bad luck so I contacted De Longhi (Kenwood) who collected the machine for repair. It was returned about a week later.
All was well until May 2014 when it failed again in exactly the same way. So only three months this time!
De Longhi insisted it had to go in again for repair. Packing these things up is a nightmare and I'd lost confidence in the machine so I went back to the supplier (not Amazon) and went the 'not fit for purpose' route. After a great deal of argument I received a refund.
So no; I wouldn't give De Longhi house room.
I've now got a Miele CM6300 machine. It's not as pretty as the De Longhi but, as a coffee machine, it's in a different class. It produces hot coffee, consistently froths milk beautifully and allows the creation of multiple profiles for different users. I select my profile, it gives me strong coffee of the quantity I want. My wife selects hers, she gets her weak variations. Now this one I really do recommend - a six star machine!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›