on 12 May 2013
After losing my Dad, we chose this to be played during the committal, however after fantastic advice from a friend who was to officiate, we actually had the coffin taken into the crematorium to this music. As our lady vicar said, it is a solemn occasion and this is solemn music, but at the end of the committal you really want to celebrate a life well lived, so we left to one of Dad's favourites, Moonlight Serenade. Nimrod will always bring tears to my eyes henceforth, but then it often did anyway, as it is such a wonderful piece. My experience just adds another aspect to a many-faceted work.
on 4 February 2013
I agree this is a superb interpretation on this classic, under the baton of one of the UK's great conductors.

But the review about Cloud Player above is inaccurate. You can download music from your Cloud Player to a laptop, phone, anything. So it should be fine regardless of how you want to use the music. I find it great because I have all my music on my phone and ipad without using up all the space, but I can download whatever I want on the device itself.
on 16 July 2013
Brilliant! Why does one have to use more words than are neeeded to do this? It is quite siily! Rhubarb!
on 15 August 2015
This was for part of my husbands Funeral, he died in May very suddenly and always loved this.
on 21 April 2016
Truly inspiring
on 16 November 2012
The music is brilliant, but that goes without saying. The fact that you can only play it in Amazon's Cloud player renders it inactive for using on slideshows or anywhere else. Not a good place to buy downloaded music anymore.
on 21 April 2016