5.0 out of 5 stars owner of 250+ hiphop albums & this is in the top 10
Published on 7 April 2004 by experimusicdotcom

1.0 out of 5 stars psycho social
I'm a massive JMT fan. I brought their albums in a random order and have been so pleased with what I heard to the extent that I told my friends that I have never heard a single bad track from them...until I heard this. The album sucks!!! It hurts me to say it but it's true.

Published on 4 Nov 2008 by Mr. N. Darby

5.0 out of 5 stars owner of 250+ hiphop albums & this is in the top 10, 7 April 2004
This review is from: Psycho Social (Audio CD)
You have to look to the underground for the most innovative hip-hop (as with most other genres). Because these artists aren't under pressure to sell millions, they don't have to water down their song structures & content to appeal to the masses. Fcuk the masses. This album has to be one of the best crafted hiphop albums i've heard and rivals (if not eclipses) Aesop Rock for intelligent lyrics. Seriously some of the word play is immense.
The tracks are dark and grimy, the spitting is not amazingly fast but fast enough to keep up the energy levels of the track. Some of the rapping is reminiscent of Wu-Tang (circa 36 Chambers, when they where grimy and 'street'.)
You get 12 tracks & 6 bonus tracks. The bonus tracks hold up very well and are by no means a weak point, in fact tracks like track 15 and 16 are among the best and they're from 1994. The is the odd track I skip but believe me, the quality is consistent. Choice tracks are 2, 5, 10, 12, 15 and 16.
You like underground grime-hop? Check out the following bling rebels: Aesop Rock, Company Flow, Cannibal Ox, Dalek, Techno Animal's 'Brotherhood of the Bomb lp', MF Doom, Mr Len, early Mobb Deep, Anti-Pop, cLOUDDEAD's debut and Roots Manuva.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic all Rounder....., 21 July 2003
Mark (Nottingham) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Psycho Social (Audio CD)
One of the most unique Hip Hop records about at the moment. The most well rounded darkly atmospheric album since Gravediggaz -"six feet deep". If you love hiphop this is a antidote for all the fly-by-night commercial rubbish around at the moment. This CD will not leave your stereo for months....just buy it. enough said.

5.0 out of 5 stars jedi mind tricks can take over you, 26 Jun 2003
This review is from: Psycho Social (Audio CD)
let me just say straight off im indifferent to a lot of the new hip hop acts coming out at the moment so to hear something like this album was a totally immersive listen,like listening to the wu tang stuff when its good,because when they are good they are close to being the best for me,all the tracks on here are strong,no instant fillers, all strong tracks,buy this if u like the wu tang stuff or you just want something a bit more engaging than 50 cent or eminem, brilliant stuff !

5.0 out of 5 stars classic metaphysical hip hop album, 14 Feb 2006
This review is from: Psycho Social (Audio CD)
This was the last JMT album that I got and when I first listened to it I thought it was their worst but now I think it is one of their best after their best Violent by Design.the lyrics are brilliant and thought-provoking, and most of the beats by stoupe are amazing. The best tracks are:2,3,4,7,8,10,12 and 13. Track 2 Winds of war is probably the best ( amazing beat with sampled masta killa vocals from Triumph).For any JMT ,non-phixion and killah priest fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWSOME STUFF, 28 July 2014
This review is from: Psycho Social (Audio CD)
Awesome album. Not overly keen on some of the collaborator rappers, I tend to switch off a bit if it's not vinnie rapping. But over all some amazing beats from stoupe and knowledgable technical raps from vinnie Paz (also known as ikon the verbal hologram) for those who don't know. If you like this album check out anything by Immortal technique. You can download 'the martyr' album for free off the viperrecords.com website.

1.0 out of 5 stars psycho social, 4 Nov 2008
Mr. N. Darby "KoE" (the Ford) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Psycho Social (Audio CD)

It's like no one ever told them that wu-tang exist. they just cover the same ground that wu did 10 years before. They just rap and rap but say nothing, just using big words because they rhyme and sound clever. The thing that really grates on me is that fact that in every single verse, by every rapper on every track they mention "holagraphic" this or "holagram" that. What does it mean? More importantly, does any one care? the answer is no. seriously...SHUT YOUR HOLAGRAPHIC NOISE!!!

Don't get me wrong, there are a few wkd beats and there are alot of great flows but compared to their other stuff, this isn't really worth buying. It's the kind of album you listen to and try to convince yourself that you like it because you spent money on it and because other people tell you you should like it, but if you're honest with yourself you know it's crap. oddly enough, the bonus tracks are by far the best on the whole album.

To sum up, if this was the first album of theirs that I brought I would never have brought another. I wish that I had never heard it so that I could continue live believing they are a flawless group.