5.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT ALBUM.
Published on 1 July 2001 by alstonuk@yahoo.co.uk

3.0 out of 5 stars Savage Garden
Published on 25 April 2009 by Spider Monkey

5.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT ALBUM., 1 July 2001
This review is from: Savage Garden (Audio CD)
I first bought this album 2 years ago but because i didn't take the time to listen it all the way through i disgarded it. Anyways i re-discovered it a year later and i love it. "To the moon and back" and "I want you" are my favourites but there is so much more. "Carry on dancing" is fabulous with great guitar and piano. "Truly, madly, deeply" is a classic and then theres "Promises" and "A thousand words". I could go on forever because simply this album is class. Don't be naive and label them a boy band because they aren't. They wrote the lyrics and music themselves and because of this you get a sophisticated album full of genius. This album is very different from "Affirmation" although that is just as good. If you buy 1 album then buy this because it is brilliant.

4.0 out of 5 stars If you like Roxette, then you'll love this., 9 May 2001
This review is from: Savage Garden (Audio CD)
Savage Garden, the Australian Roxette, although this is no way intended to belittle them musicly. This album is fast and punchy, from the opening track 'To the moon and back' to 'Promises' there are a veriety of songs from 'I need you' to the slow and warm felt 'Truly madly deeply'. Overall its a must by, the three first songs are great and the others soon grow on you. A possitive album for your collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Touching, 25 May 2001
This review is from: Savage Garden (Audio CD)
To be honest I am a hardcore heavy metal fan. My sister got this CD for christmas and she was playing it over and over again repeatedly. I must admit some of the songs are very romantic and touching. When listening to them you sense a life beyond this one. The main reason I hate pop music is because bands tend to lack the pace to make more than 1 good song, however Savage Garden have definetely showed the best example ever! Buy it! You will be touched and I promise the angel will come out in you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellant album with ballads and rock tracks, 3 Nov. 1999
This review is from: Savage Garden (Audio CD)
The first time I heard Savage Garden was with the single To the moon and back. Then I heard Truly madly deeply. I bought the album straight away and was not dissappointed. Some very meaningful lyrics wrapped up in ballads or typical pop songs. Either way it's well worth a listen

3.0 out of 5 stars Savage Garden, 25 April 2009
Spider Monkey (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Savage Garden (Audio CD)
`Savage garden' is the excellent self titled debut from this now broken up band. Offering a slice of inoffensive pop with some decent song writing and catchy tunes. The album opener ` To The Moon and Back' is my particular favourite, but this band is probably more well known for the ballad `Truly Madly Deeply' which is another great song. This flits between more upbeat songs and ballads and although I prefer the upbeat stuff, the gentler stuff is also great and works well in the evening as back ground music. It was a shame that this band never fulfilled the promise of this first album and although this is very much `of it's time', it also offers some good music and is worth a listen if you're a fan of the aforementioned tracks.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.

5.0 out of 5 stars breathtakingly exellent , my most loved CD, 24 Jan. 2001
This review is from: Savage Garden (Audio CD)
After hearing Truly Madly Deeply I went out and bought the album and it insantly became my favorite CD. Darren's voice is truly captivating. I loved there first cd so much the second I heard about affirmation I went out the next day and bought it. I cant wait for them to release a new one. With there second one they the grew so much musicly I cant wait to see what they come up with next. I recomend them to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Staggering, 31 Oct. 1999
This review is from: Savage Garden (Audio CD)
For a debut album this is an amazing compilation of songs. I'd describe this album as timeless. It's sold over 11 million copies to date - not bad for a first attempt. Contains the beautiful ballad Truly Madly Deeply, the brilliant To The Moon and Back and the ultra catchy I Want You. Congratulations Darren Hayes and Daniel Jones on achieving such a great sound!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best loved!!!, 5 Feb. 2007
Mrs. C. Muston (West Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Savage Garden (Audio CD)
Having loved Savage Garden from a young age, literally nine, as my parents indroduced them to me, I've listened to many Savage Garden tracks and albums, but this still remains my favourite. With so many catchy lyrics and tunes, you find it hard not to sing all day (which I often catch myself doing)!!! Darren definately puts an edge on it, with his unique voice and my favourites include more of the upbeat songs, such as "Carry on Dancing" and "A Thousand Words" but you can't forget "To the Moon & Back" which is fantastic...it's a must!

Buy this now, or you'll regret it later...every song is as good as the one before it, and definately worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Light Listening, 15 Nov. 1999
This review is from: Savage Garden (Audio CD)
Great laid back light listening from the dynamic Australian duo known as Savage Garden. "Truly, Madly, Deeply" is utterly exceptional! A really well done tune which captures your head and your heart immediately. Romantic to the hilt. "I Want You" is a whole different story - equally romantic, but more of a pick-me-up than a slow dance. You find yourself singing it at work or while working out at the gym. Definitely a great relaxing CD with easy lyrics and melodious tunes. This CD is a permanent fixture in my "easy listening" selection.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like music, buy this!!!!!!!, 27 Jan. 2001
This review is from: Savage Garden (Audio CD)
This album consists of some of the most incredible singing ever to grace the charts. It combines the sweet, touching melodies of Santa Monica, with the fast paced rock of Carry On Dancing. Yet, through all of this Darren Hayes manages to sing like a nightengale.... This a slightly better album than Affirmation, even though I own both. This is my most prised album, even though I also have the likes of Dido, Robbie Williams and Sonique. This is the best group in the world and so justly have they been noninated for exactly that BRIT AWARD!!!!

Savage Garden