Format: MP3 Download|Change

on 21 June 2005
This 'best of' completely ignores the first two albums and focuses on tracks from 1995's Smash to 2003's Splinter. They've certainly selected tracks that get the most playouts but with notable absences such as "Bad Habit", "Million Miles Away", "The Noose", "Session" and "Beheaded". New track, "Can't Repeat" is a welcome addition, as are the surprise songs "Defy You" (from the Orange County OST) and the Wiseguys remix of "The Kids Aren't Alright". Those who are new to The Offspring can't go far wrong with this collection. Essential songs such as "All I Want", "The Kids Aren't Alright", "Self Esteem" and "Gone Away" show some of the best of the Offspring's timeless musical creations. The more chart friendly pop-punk tracks like "Hit That", "Original Prankster", "Why Don't You Get A Job" and the aged "Pretty Fly" are predictable additions to this album but not their best.
Overall, it's a decent overview of the past 20 years of The Offspring.
on 1 August 2005
Being a true Offspring fan I brought this album regardless what the chosen tracks were,
Because I have all the Offspring albums I think they could have included tracks like Jennifer Lost The War, Dirty Magic(Ignition),LAPD(Igniton),Kick Him When Hes down (Ignition) + many more like Blackball for example.
The problem with this album is that I've heard these tracks every where a million times and putting them on a greatest hits album just gives the imprssion that the Offspring are reaching the new audiences.
Another small problam is that theres a crap version of The Kids Aren't alright some rubbish dance mix that doesn't appeal to me at all.
Although the Greatest hits album has its negative points... for offspring fans just buy it the songs still rock....actually buy the version with the free dvd where you get to see the new version of dirty magic on dvd...well worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on 21 March 2012
I have had offspring's albums before when I was younger,but has never been a big fan,may me because it is a greatest hits album but I just love it and have been listening to it in my car for a week now.
on 3 March 2013
This album is, unfortunately, not a 'best of' compilation and is exactly what it claims to be - a collection of the band's greatest hits. There's a big difference between the two, but many people make the mistake of thinking the titles are interchangeable.

Allow me to explain...
A greatest hits collection is an album containing the songs that were HITS (entered the official charts due to record sales) that sold the GREATEST amount.
A 'best of' collection would be an album containing the songs considered to be musically or lyrically better than the majority of the band's other work, regardless of commercial success.
If this album were a 'best of...' then it would contain songs like Meaning Of Life, Dirty Magic, Jennifer Lost The War and Million Miles Away, but it's not; it's a Greatest Hits, so what we have here is a handful of songs that were the most commercially successful. This means the album is full of the band's most radio-friendly material: Pretty Fly, Original Prankster, Why Don't You Get A Job and others of that ilk. Over-produced cheesey pop-rock, basically.

As an introduction to the band it cannot be recommended. Yes, you do get a rough idea how their sound has changed between 1995 and 2005, but it's not a good representation of the type of punk song that The Offspring tend to do very well. In fact, the only real Offspring-esque track on the album is 'All I Want'.

For a proper introduction to the band I would suggest the albums 'Smash', 'Ixnay On The Hombre' and 'Days Go By'; all of which can be purchased for a few pounds/dollars these days. Together those albums will give you a better idea of the type of music the band made before and after the silly 'Pretty Fly' phase that this album was designed to cash in on.
on 22 November 2006
Right Okay. They say this is a "Greatest Hits" Album? With other reviews i have seen on amazon, They all complain saying "why was'nt this or that song but on the album. Well maybe it's just because it contains all their singles (greatest hits) to date. Let face it, you not going to get a song from an album that has no airplay to go on a greatest hits album...

In other words this is NOT a fans greatest hits as such..

Just a collection of their singles (Greatest Hits)..

But if you are new to the offspring please start with this one. That way you can find out for yourself whether you like the old stuff but can still listen to the new-ish songs.

Saves money by not getting older albums and not liking it!!!!
on 3 September 2007
i bought this album about 3 months ago and i can't stop listening to it. im kind of confused that after 6 minutes on the wiseguys remix of the kids aren't alright it plays all i want is to be next to you, surely it would have made more sense to put it as one track. if anyone can help me could you recomend some music around the red hot chili peppers, the offspring and system of a down.
on 22 January 2016
I am pleased with my CD. It is the so called new punk it is quite good but I am old school punk from 70s and 80s . I would recommend it for people who live the new punk but for old school punk it is not bad but there is still better punk band out there. There is just 3 songs on this CD I like and that is about it
on 8 October 2015
Absolutely Brilliant Album !!!!
A Must for OffSpring Fans.
Not all of there Greatest Hits on this Album, u have to Say, but overall its a Blooming Good Album.
I Cant seem to take it outta My Cat Stereo...... Its Constantly on Repeat :)
on 10 June 2005
So far as a best of album goes this one certainly seems to tick all the boxes, all the most famous tracks are there
self esteem : check
Pretty fly : check
want you bad : check
Along with a couple of singles from their most recent album
surprisingly there's also a number of lesser known but very popular tracks including Gone away, all I want and the kids aren't alright. Really, considering the limitations this is a pretty good mix and an excellent choice for some-one new to the band
on 20 June 2005
I have loved the Offspring's songs ever since I listened to Kids Aren't Alright and Want You Bad, on every album they have always produced good songs which are very catchy & bouncy. I have all their albums ranging from: Ixnay on the Hombre, Americana, Conspiracy of One & Splinter, but my favourite ones have to be American & Conspiracy of One.
On the Greatest Hits there is the single "Can't Repeat" due out for release on Monday 20th June, along with Hit That, (Can't Get My) Head Around You, Original Prankster & All I Want to name a few! I reccommend this CD to all Offspring fans even if some songs are missing from the compilation