on 3 May 2013
I ordered this because my snazzy 8ltr kuhn rikon didn't come with it included. I was expecting something like the basket I had in my old pressure cooker - too much weight in it and the handle would ping out. Highly annoying and not too safe. I was pleasantly surprised though. This is a good, strong item, with the handle not even budging a smidge out of place.

One thing I did find is if I used the basket on the trivet, for some reason the food took longer to cook. Since I'm feeding a crowd and rarely need the separator usually I stand the basket on the separator part instead.

This would have got five stars except the holes in the bottom of the basket feel a little rough to me on the underside. Small detail, not too worrying, it just meant that it felt a little unfinished.
on 4 April 2013
This is another sturdy well designed addition to the fantastic pressure cooker that I'm sure people don't appreciate the improvement in yet. Get one it cooks a fantastic brisket in a quarter of the time (30 mins) and can produce perfect soaked beans in 10 minutes rather than over an hour in a saucepan.
on 1 August 2014
Great sturdy steamer basket with removable separator which is handy for making larger portions; only slight negative is it's too deep to sit on a trivet in my Instant Pot, but then it's not made for the Instant Pot so it wouldn't be fair to mark it lower. Does what's necessary so I'm happy with it.
on 10 May 2013
Bought this to use with my new Kuhn Rikon Duromatic pressure cooker and it fits my 6 litre model perfectly. Very solid construction not like the aluminium efforts given away with the old prestige cookers.
on 7 November 2015
Used this for some split pea soup ans well as some beans so they dont sit on the bottom and burn and both turned out fantastic. Really well made and sturdy. I cant really see it wearing out unless you manage to break the handle but you would have to work for it. Excellent and if cooking legumes and pulses and anything that needs a little insulation of liquid between the food and pot, this is perfect. It also makes removing them very easy, just lift the handle. Great purchase and great quality.
on 18 October 2014
This item fits nicely in our Tefal 6 litre pressure cooker.
Sturdy and well made.
Divider blades can be lifted out for use as a single compartment steamer basket.
on 11 May 2014
it ok i just use it with out the separator in it, as i could a lot of veg for the family.
on 9 June 2013
A sturdy and quality product made for separating vegetables in the Kuhn Rikon pressure cooker. Would recommend this as an extra because the trivet included is just the very shallow platform.
on 20 November 2013
This sturdy trivit is great quality, easy to wash and is deeper than any other pressure cooker trivits I've had in the past, it's great for using when cooking family meals.
on 7 March 2014
Essential addition to the pressure cooker. Well made and works well. We might even consider purchasing a smaller one from the same range.