Format: Audio CD|Change

on 15 May 2004
During our family's annual summer vacation, my cousin had found this tape on the beach after a huge beach July 4th party back in 1984, someone had left it behind. After a trade involving a frisbee and two packs of firecrackers, I took the tape back to the condo. After shaking the sand from the cassette and listening to the whole album, I came to the conclusion that I had come out on the winning side of the deal. I've since bought this on CD and still enjoy listening to it.
If you ever wanted to know what 80's pop/glam metal was all about, look no further than this album. This album was a massive hit and a big step forward from their Ratt EP, putting Ratt at the top of the metal heap of the early 80's. Some people have said "Detonator" or "Dancing Undercover" are the band's best albums...I disagree. While those albums are good, this is definitely their best. No question about it.
With this album, Ratt crafted a distinctive look and sound all their own. From the opening of "Wanted Man" to the last cord of "Scene of the Crime," you have an excellent album. Top notch prodution, the songwriting, the blazing Warren DeMartini guitar solos, they're all here and then some.
The biggest hit from this album is "Round and Round," followed by "Wanted Man," a great opening song for the album. You also get a reworking of "Back For More" from the Ratt EP, this version being a huge improvement over the first.
The only downside...yep...the hair band lable. Do not let that sway you. These guys were on the music scene prior to the blow-dried-no-talent-wannabes that left nothing but empty Aqua Net cans on the music scene.
If you have their greatest hits album and want more, get this, you won't be sorry. Enjoy -- and thanks for reading!
on 9 November 2007
May not have my two favourite RATT songs on it as their on the Invasion album (you're in love & lay it down) but it does have "round & round" which is brilliant and many other songs which are well worth a listen. I would seriously buy this album and "invasion of your privacy" you wont be disappointed, i promise.
on 24 July 2013
I was an Eighties kid and grew up on Metal. I'd only heard the song 'You're In love' when I was a kid. However, I've recently started buying back catalogues and albums by bands that I originally didn't own anything by.

This album was a real treat. I expected some sort of rock-pop possibly aimed at girls but found a great record.

The solos are all great and it's quite clear that the lead guitarist was a virtuoso. His solos sound like the work of Satriani, Petrucci et al only in 1984 before people played that kind of stuff, or so I thought.

The vocals are good and most songs are fairly catchy and enjoyable. The only thing I wasn't a big fan of was the rhythm section that was a bit samey for most of the record.

I'd say this is an example of the better 'hair metal' albums and sounds like Motley Crue's excellant early stuff but with much better guitar solos.
on 1 June 2014
A brilliant album by a band who continued to write fantastic rock music.
This version of the album is no better than the original just perhaps slightly fresher sounding because of the remastering. I bought this because my original was lost years ago while moving house. The 80's produced some of the best rock music ever written. I listen to bands because I like them not because its cool to like them. The 80's were full of bands that could sing, play and write their own material. Yes some one is about to call out Millie Vanilli (or however you spell it lol) but every era has its bad egg for example the 90's had grunge music (boo hiss boo) but now thanks to nostalgia we have the rise of rock again and a new younger audience is learning about this fine music.

Long live rock n roll
on 3 March 2014
i have an early german pressing of this cd. the remastered version from rock candy have much better sound. fan of 80s la glamrock, this is a mustbuy.
on 30 August 2007
This is a great listen. This is the album that put Ratt on the map with their hit Round and Round. There is a bit of filler on the album as you would expect with Ratt but not too much. One thing I don't understand is why the album is not available to buy new on amazon?
on 19 October 2015
the best vinyl from Ratt the best sound the best quality 180grs new and good price!!
on 23 July 2015
Excellent cd - old school rock at its best. Buy it !!!!!!!!!
on 8 August 2012
Great riffs, solos, and fun 80s heavy metal music. Catchy and light hearted. The more you listen the better it gets.
on 14 September 2015