5.0 out of 5 stars Funny
I wont spoil the plot, if your looking for a story line then google it - you'll find better plot reviews than I can write.

The movie itself is funny, easy viewing. It's not deep and doesn't have lots of twists and turns but it does make you laugh (or me at least).

Published on 13 Sep 2011 by Tomas the Tank Engine

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK
This won't have you rolling around laughing, but it's pleasant enough. It had the feel of a UK film made for an American audience, playing on the gauche Englander theme, so some parts felt too forced, but there were a few amusing moments to remind you it's meant to be a comedy.

Published on 3 Feb 2011 by E. Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, 13 Sep 2011
This review is from: How To Lose Friends And Alienate People [DVD] [2008] (DVD)

I liked it, I wouldn't have paid full price for it (I bought a used copy which was fine) but I'd definetly recommend it. If it's on sale buy it. If it's not on sale, wait until it is and then buy it.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, 3 Feb 2011
E. Smith (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

It's the first time I've seen the much-ballyhoo'd Megan Fox in action - what on earth is all the fuss about? If she's meant to be the world's sexiest woman, then the voters must be all of 12 years old and never have seen the likes of Sophia Loren, Ava Gardner etc. Even in this film, Gillian Anderson knocked spots off her.

If ever a film had rental written all over it, then this is it. Luckily for us, that's what we did.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but not side splitting, 23 April 2009
C. A. Kennedy "CrolK" (Northants, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How To Lose Friends And Alienate People [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
I love Simon Pegg but he seemed a bit out of his depth in this, unlike Run, Fat Boy, Run which saw him at his best. This film is amusing but not laugh-out-loud. However the supporting actors, especially Danny Huston, are excellent. All in all worth a watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good., 3 Oct 2013
This review is from: How To Lose Friends And Alienate People [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
A very funny film , well played.
Good family film to pass an enjoyable evening.
Could see again without getting bored.

4.0 out of 5 stars THERE IS SOMETHING VERY DAMAGED ABOUT YOU, 26 Jun 2013
The Movie Guy "Movies from A to Z" (United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: How To Lose Friends And Alienate People [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
Simon Pegg stars as Sidney Young, a hack writer with a British celebrity magazine whose only desire is to be with the people he trashes in his columns. Clayton (Jeff Bridges) is the successful editor of New York celebrity magazine. He offers Sidney a job which he accepts. Sidney quickly discovers he is way out of his league and if he doesn't shape up he will lose his job. Kirsten Dunst plays Simon's boss who sees him as a zero and would like to see him fail. Meagan Fox plays an actress that Simon would like to get close to at any cost.

Simon can do no right, sort of an obnoxious Mr. Bean. However as the story progresses we discover that Simon isn't as shallow as our first impression. His turn around and redemption is what turns this film from a romp to a heart warming tale.

PARENTAL GUIDE: F-bomb, no sex, nudity (Margo Stilley)

3.0 out of 5 stars Deleted scenes..., 22 April 2013
This review is from: How To Lose Friends And Alienate People [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
A funny film with some great scenes but it is a shame that one of the best one was deleted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 10 Feb 2013
This review is from: How To Lose Friends And Alienate People [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
This film is so funny I'd recommend it to everyone another one of Simon Peggs films that I enjoy watching over and over

5.0 out of 5 stars Excruciating!, 24 April 2012
Jf Peachey (UK Sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How To Lose Friends And Alienate People [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
Come along all you one stars* it's not that bad. Excruciating and toe curling it may be but it did make me chuckle.
It's no masterpiece and I would have given it four stars but to redress the balance, I'm giving it five.
I enjoyed it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor and a shame, 30 Dec 2009
This review is from: How To Lose Friends And Alienate People [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
I like Simon Pegg, I genuinely do, but this is the wrong vehicle for him. Doubtless this was an attempt to make a USA friendly film for him to launch his career over there. But most of the jokes don't work, the set-pieces are weak and a storyline that is one big hollywood pot-boiler cliche; I won't add a spoiler, but you can probably guess what happens yourself after about 15 minutes. Sadly even Pegg seems a shadow of his former self and Jeff Bridges is totally wasted and not in his frequently entertaining way. It'd be only worth one star were it not for some decent one-liners, but that's about it. Deeply disappointing.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good cast and acting, funny moments, but too predictable, 11 Nov 2009
Alison "runninggirlcycling" (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
A great cast in a somewhat weak film. I rented this film because I've enjoyed Simon Pegg's previous films and because the cast list was pretty impressive (Simon Pegg, Megan Fox, Kirsten Dunst, Gillian Anderson, Jeff Bridges, Thandie Newton). There are plenty of funny moments and plenty of good performances; Pegg, Dunst and Anderson stand out for me. However, the film often feels predictable and sometimes frustrating because of that. The pace was slow at times and the ending was expected and rushed.

The film's total running time is 1:49:35 and the blu-ray hi-def is good.

Blu-ray extras:
Deleted Scenes - 10 deleted scenes that can be selected individually or Play All(15:02)
Commentary with Robert Weide and Simon Pegg
Commentary with Robert Weide
Gag Reel - the usual sort of out-takes (31:50)
Blogs - 6 behind the scenes bits and pieces that can be selected individually or Play All (17:23).

How To Lose Friends And Alienate People [DVD] [2008]