Format: Audio CD|Change

on 17 December 2008
To be honest after a first listen I found myself skipping song after song. But after a second listen and actually listening, I found that she can sing both up-tempo 'fun' and 'dance' tracks as well as the 'sad' and 'emotional' type of songs done previously.

I really like a couple of songs on this album, particularly 'Erotic'. The name makes it sound dirty, but it's actually an amazing song and expresses her sultry voice appropriately. Secondly, the songs 'No Other' and 'Oh-Oh, Yeah-Yeah' are great songs. 'No Other' reminds me of 'Shoulda Let You Go' from the 'Just Like You' album. 'Oh-Oh', Yeah-Yeah' is a great expectant Keyshia Cole type of song and the hook is definately memorable as you'll me humming that well after listening to the song.

When she says in the Intro, '...I would like to introduce a different me', I was like oh crap she's going to sing a bunch of overly crazed dance/pop songs like pretty much everyone else. But I was GREATLY satisfied when I listened to the songs and she kept the CD to her famed R&B style (Thank You Keyshia, that's where the additional .5 star rating came from).

Other catchy songs, I have to mention 'Make Me Over'. Her voice sounds great in this, but it's really not my cup of tea. That whole jazzy, burlesque, back in the day type of feel wasn't what I was expecting but it will surely please those who appreciate that type of music more.
'Please Don't Stop' is another great/catchy dance track, the melody, beat and vocal arrangement on this track is outstanding. The slow songs are amazing, these are probably in place to keep her eternal slow jam fans in tact - e.g. 'Brand New' this song is smooth and mellow, just like I like my slow R&B songs. I do however find her over-singing sometimes, you find yourself turning down the volume occassionally (maybe it's just me).

Those are the stand-out songs on the album for me. I guess the rest will grow on me, that's how most album songs work with me. Other than the fact she chose a terrible 1st single, I think she will do very well with whatver choice she makes for the following single realeases.

Overall, not bad. I am still listening to 'Just Like You' from last year - this was a superb album. I guess I was not quite ready for 'A Different Keyshia'.

Songs:

Erotic
No Other (Feat Amina Harris)
Oh-Oh, Yeah-Yeah (Feat Nas)
Please Don't Stop
Brand New
on 22 July 2009
Listening to this album for the first time i wasn't impressed. Keyshia made a monster of an album on her previous 'Just Like You' and i thought she was going to find it hard to keep up the standard. However, listening to it after 3 times i came to the conclusion that it is on par with her previous effort. Her collaborations with Tupac and Monica bring out remarkable songs in 'Playa Cardz Right' and 'Trust' respectively. The production on the album is just out of this world, particularly the melodious harmonica played by her mentor, Ron Fair on most songs. Keyshia also manages to impress with up-tempo tracks such as 'Erotic' and 'Beautiful Music'. Saving the best for last - 'Brand New' is just unbelievable. Keyshia always manages to come up with knockout tunes on each of her albums - on 'The Way It Is' it was 'Love'; on Just Like You' it was 'Falling Out' and 'Brand New is in the same league!!!
on 16 December 2008
Keyshia continues where she left of with her two previous albums. Got the album yesterday and all i can say is that she has moved up a couple of gears. if you like real music get this album.
on 11 August 2009
This album continues to grow on me everytime I listen to it. I am a keyshia Cole fan and I buy every album she puts out because she is a solid artist.
My favourite tracks on this are 'Trust' ft Monica. i think Monica added flava to this tune and I have been a huge Monica fan since I was little. Also love the song 'This is us' This is light RNb pop song but Keyshia delivers this in her own unique way. Also feeling 'Brand New'and 'Thought You said'

Overall good effort from KC and am sure I will still listen to this album ten years from now!!
on 29 December 2008
This is one of her best albums to date.. I just got it and have only listened as far as track 11.Thought You Shold Know, and thought i must leave a review. Track 8. Playa Cardz Right (Feat 2Pac) is my favourite track so far. If you're a true Keyshia fan this album is a must
on 5 September 2013
fantastic album by a real r and b singer,went to see her in Manchester,i suggest if she comes back to the uk you go see this lovely woman live.
on 19 December 2013
I bought this last year for my nicece Christmas present. She is a big Keysha Cole fan.
It came before Christmas so I was well chuffed.
on 17 April 2013
This CD is not as good as i expected. So far I have only played it twice. I expected so much better from Keyshia. I love her though
on 24 December 2012
Stand-out class from my Queen of RnB (baton passed to her in my eyes from Teena Marie RIP). Quite outstanding.
on 17 January 2014
Brought CD for my daughter, loves it, plays it all the time, can't get enough of it. Good buy. Defo