4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not for small heads
Headphones good quality and certainly comfortable. Only issue we have is that the adjustment is not enough for our 5 year old. But the upside is they will last a while longer for him. I would recommend these, but not for younger users as is implied. PS our child is using a small cycle helmet which I think is 44-48cm.
Published on 24 Aug 2009 by Phil, Belfast

2.0 out of 5 stars Passable product
Bought for car journey DVD playing for a 5 year-old. I don't really see the point of these: the battery runs flat so fast that you go through a huge number of AAAs on a trip, which seems really wasteful and expensive. And without the battery they don't work at all.
Published on 29 Jun 2010 by AnniesDad

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not for small heads, 24 Aug 2009
This review is from: JVC HA-KD10-A Tiny Headphones for Kids - Blue (Electronics)

2.0 out of 5 stars Passable product, 29 Jun 2010
Was a mistake to buy them. We're looking for an alternative that's just a small size normal headphone and will bin these ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars super headphones, 19 Aug 2009
J. Buchanan (glasgow) - See all my reviews
I bought these cool little headphones for my just turned 4yr old son. We needed a pair to use with his ds for games, music and movies he has on it. The quality of these headphones is great. They are strong and great comfort for his ears. He loves them. He enjoyed wearing them on the train on our way to holiday which i needed to get them for. The great thing about them is that they have an on/off switch that switches the headphones on when being used as this is to restrict a high volume to damage their little ears. They still allow the child to have a great sound and still loud but you know it won't get to an extent that the sound warps or crackles with it too loud. So i feel safe that he uses them by himself. He looks so grown-up with them on. This is his very first pair and they will last him for yrs as they have loads of room and can adjust bigger.

Overall fab buy. I would totally recommend to any kids. I would imagine they will fit even 6 and 7 yr olds or older.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay - but have a significant flaw, 12 Aug 2010
Bought these for my 4 year old who bizarrely, is particularly fussy about headphone comfort. They fit very well and there is plenty of adjustment room for different head sizes.

The sound quality and sound limitation is very good. The only major downside (as others have mentioned) is that there is no automatic kill for the limiter switch if not in use. Presumably this would be difficult to manufacture, but it does mean that your child is bound to forget to turn the switch off and you will burn through batteries quickly. If it's left on regularly overnight, you can expect to replace the battery within a week.

They are fine for small fingers and they can take a bit of beating. The headphones have been dropped, jumped on and spilled on and are still going strong after six months.

4.0 out of 5 stars JVC - Tiny Phones HA-KD10-P-E Headphones for children Review, 1 Jan 2009
K. Smith "k" (UK) - See all my reviews
Fantastic Quality Headphones - full range sound - but with a limiter to protect young ears. Great! Only downside is the limiter does not auto-switch off so must make sure it gets switched off to avoid premature flat battery.JVC - Tiny Phones HA-KD10-P-E Headphones for children

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than anticipated a real lifesaver!!!, 5 Feb 2010
I read a number of reviews on here before purchasing and was slightly nervous as a few said that they were quite big for a small child.

We purchased prior to flying from london to sydney for our 3 year old son and they were the best thing i took on the plane! my boy was more than comfortable wearing the headsets and really enjoyed the inflight movies as well as watching iPod with his own movies.

my only concern is that volume levels still seem to be a little high for a 3 year old on some shows so i keep an eye on him adjusting the volume i have set but apart from that they are an excellent product.

5.0 out of 5 stars JVC Children's headphones, 5 Aug 2009
Fitted my 7 year old fine, with room for expansion on the top. Good sound quality and nice soft ear pads. Nice looking, quality headphones for kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars my son loves them, 23 Dec 2009
Mr. S. W. Jennings (blackpool,lancs.) - See all my reviews
my son thinks there just like his dads headphones so wont keep using mine,there not to loud and fit really snuggly.would recommend to friends.

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad, 9 Feb 2009
Mrs. Z. Di Paola (essex) - See all my reviews
my daughter is 3 and these headphones are still too big for her head. they would be a lot better without the on/off switch, if your child leaves this on the battery will not last that long.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product..., 18 July 2009
L. Alderson (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
Robust, fun looking and user friendly....purchased for my 3yr old - perfect (also bought a pink one!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›