4.0 out of 5 stars A small is actually a small
Published on 13 Jan. 2012 by sirmascot

2.0 out of 5 stars Rather appalling design from Helly Hansen
Published on 28 Feb. 2013 by Mr. F. Michopoulos

2.0 out of 5 stars Rather appalling design from Helly Hansen, 28 Feb. 2013
I have just received the HH Mens Lifa Wrm fleeze 1/2 zip baselayer and have to say the sizes are wrong according to their web site chart. I bought a small size which I really strangle to wear it on and it cuts under the arms. With this product I bought the Ice Crew long sleeve baselayer on small size as well which fits me perfectly well. The least you need guys to do is if you willing to buy this baselayer to choose a size bigger than HH size guide recommends.

4.0 out of 5 stars A small is actually a small, 13 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Helly Hansen Mens Lifa Warm Freeze 1/2 Zip Turtle (Sports Apparel)
This is a high quality item. However I have purchased this type of item before and because it is designed to be tight fitting I usually buy a size smaller. Be warned, in this case you should buy your normal size. I usually wear size medium, so I ordered a small and it's a bit too tight. I still wear it to cycle to work though, and although lightweight, its extremely toasty.

5.0 out of 5 stars very happy, 15 Sept. 2011
mad david (Haverfordwest) - See all my reviews
not worn it that much yet as not that cold. the fit is very good feels warm. thought the zip would be an issue but can't feel it when fully zipped up. service from amazon very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally found my go to base layer, 29 Jan. 2011
Richard Ashe (Farnborough) - See all my reviews
Firstly I agree with everything already said. This HH feels great and is top quality. I bought the walnut top to try it out. I've been disappointed with other base layers I've bought so when this came and I tried it on and felt how good it was I was very pleased.

I used it for an indoor climbing session in a quite cold hanger and it kept me lovely and warm. Even with me belaying two others meaning a bit of standing around doing nothing.

Bottom line is this. I've just ordered two more. Enough said I think.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice all-rounder !, 9 Oct. 2010
I like this top because it acts as a base layer under other layers and it looks quite good on its own, whilst taking a general walk outdoors to a hard hike it's perfect it will keep you warm and breathe well when you are going hard out. When it's raining I like to wear it with just a rain coat and I feel warm and dry. This top even seems to look good with a pair of jeans for that sports/casual look; the half zip helps with temperature control. Overall it's a good all-rounder

3.0 out of 5 stars For very skinny people, 3 Aug. 2013
Just got one of these delivered in Large size - struggled to get it on.

I'm a comfortable medium in most clothes but knowing that (i) these are base-layers and, (ii) previous reviews, i went for a Large to be safe. Looks like I'm an Extra-Large for HH - so much for all that sweating in the gym!!

In other news, the inside of the product feels a bit rough on the skin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Top, 12 Dec. 2010
A. MACALISTER (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Firstly - I agree with the other reviewers: size is small so go one up. Luckily for me I'd already got a lightweight HH lifa top in large and it's a bit tight under the armpits. So I ordered an XL of this top - perfect fit. It's really comfy, no itchiness and no rubbing seams. And a great price from Amazon, worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars HH Lifa Warm Freeze, 1 Nov. 2010
This is a typical HH product. Well made and should last a long time. It is about twice as thick as the HH base layer shirt, very warm yet still lightweight. Have been using it to cycle to work as a base layer with just a lightweight waterproof layer on top and it is proving to be warm and comfortable. The sizings are a bit suspect. I was toying between a medium and large, opted for the large and it is rather tight. But very pleased, I will probably buy another as Winter sets in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Class act, 13 Nov. 2010
V-good product,best cold weather base layer available.Buy 1 size larger than you need though as there a tight fit.Lifa and merino works even better than merino alone and much cheaper.Def recommended and amazon's delivery was 1st class as usual..

4.0 out of 5 stars Good kit for active colder days, 11 Dec. 2010
The equivalent of wearing a couple of thinner base layers and with greater neck warmth and a more durable feel. Expensive, but worth it if you want to wear fewer under-layers in colder conditions.