4.0 out of 5 stars Fab little gadget.
Firstly, i would like to point out this a kubik edge player and NOT an amg player. AMG seems to have gone out of business and kubik edge has nothing to do with this player. I'd heard that the amg player did not come with a manual, but through amazon, i managed to get in contact with biztek who told me that the kubik edge player DID come with a manual, so i was happy...
Published on 30 April 2009 by Lindsey Lawrence

3.0 out of 5 stars You Get What You Pay For
This is a good product, don't let the rating put you off completely, it is a good 3 stars. If you're looking for a good sized media player for music and video on the go it is a great product. I just feel that it lacks that quality feeling that you get with a major brand like apple or creative.
It's packed with features like a camera that takes pictures and video, fm...
Published on 25 Jan 2009 by S. Williams

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab little gadget., 30 April 2009
Lindsey Lawrence "Gamegirlatheart" (Neath, south wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kubik Edge 8GB 2.8" Touch Screen MP3 & Video Player with Built-in Camera & YouTube Player (Electronics)

When i got it, the box was not only factory sealed but sealed in a bag as well. Inside the box was a charger, a usb cable, a velvet bag, headphones, the player, stylus and a manual! After reading the manual (which you should do due to what it can do) and charging the player for the recommened time, i put it on and the fun began. It looks and has a simular layout to an ipod touch and is light. It takes a few seconds to load and then you're on your way. First the bits i love about this player:

The headphones are very good quality with a lot of bass
The phillips radio in it is fantastic and crystal clear, and works well along side the samsung internal flash memory
You can register your product for a 12 month warrenty on their website (they also respond to emails quickly too!)
The youtube converter (found through their website) downloads videos in minutes and work great
The website overall is excellent, is in sections and goes through everything step by step in clear english
Mp3 player works a charm (it plays wma and mp3)
SD slot is very handy as you can expand the memory
The touch time is very responsive (make sure you follow the hints in the manual)
It records and takes photos
You can easily set the time and date, and has a calander built it )always handy!)
It can be used as webcam (haven't needed to use it myself but still handy to have!)
It has a drag and drop system which is very easy and simple to use
The playback is flawless and does not freeze or jolt
It comes pre-loaded with three videos and songs- they're all okay and show what the player can do (the dance video is funny as well as the sneezing panda!)

There are one of two things which i think would have made this perfect:
It plays flv files very well although i've had one or two which haven't played, however i have found the same video again and it played them perfectly and this has only happened once (put it down to my computer being moody)
On the player, there is no way to seperate the videos into seperate files which i think is a shame. It would have been nice to have this option as sometimes if you have a lot of vidoes then it can take a while for you to find it
The camera is not amazing. It's okay outdoors but not so good inside. However, i'm not planning to use this feature so this doesn't really bother me much.
I wish there was a place to put the stylus in or on the player. I worry it might scratch the player's screen being loose in the bag (by the way, unscrew the cap off the stylus- i discovered this by accident a few days ago!)
The memory can only be expanded by 4gb, but for me, about 12gb is enough. I have already fitted 20 videos on the player and still have a ton of room on there.
The earphones are in ear, something i'm not fussed on (this is personal preference). They act as the antena which means you can't use another set of headphones if you want the radio or can't listen to it through the speaker. Maybe a detachable antena? It seems a pity as the radio is brilliant and clear.

And now one or two little things:
Remember to wait two seconds before trying to tap it again (it clearly says this in the manual) as it need time to register the command. I did it too quick and it froze on me. I re-read the manual and have no problems since.
The Micro sd (use an adapter) allows you to not only put items into folders but it also plays mp4 files very well. Only once it played it as an mp3 file but for a player that can't play mp4's, it can play them on the sd card- a little strange!
There is a lock button which is great as the touch screen is sensitive, plus you can calibrate it as well

Overall, this is a fantastic little player. Kubik edge has contaced me to make sure all is okay and i am very happy with this player. My sister bought a player which was 30 extra and after seeing how mine works, she wishes she had mine. The website and help is great and the player works really well. There will also be updates which will make the player better no doubt. If you haven't got much money, this is for you. Who needs an ipod touch when you can watch films and youtube videos (as well as play music and take photos and videos)? Not me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Media Player!!!, 18 Dec 2008
N. March (Colchester) - See all my reviews
AMG 8GB 2.8" TOUCH SCREEN MP3 MP4 PLAYER BUILT-IN CAMERA

I looked at lots of media players but always had the problem of getting the features I wanted with plenty of memory for a price I could afford. This player fitted the bill perfectly. I've loaded films... easy to do just use the disc that comes with it to convert into right format...the picture quality is amazing. I've watched a film and the streaming was perfect...no stuttering or freezing. The sound quality is also excellent. The speaker isn't very loud, even at full volume, but then it is a personal player and with the earphones the volume is perfect. It has a camera and video recording facility which is great and also a radio and games. I bought this for my mother who uses a lot of public transport and needed something to pass the time. She's getting on (sorry mum!)and isn't the most technical minded but this is perfect as it has a large screen and is very easy to use. I am very impressed with this product and the price and I know my mother is going to love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Player, Great Product, Great Service, 27 July 2009
M. Record (Weymouth, Dorset) - See all my reviews
This product is the best compatible system I have ever seen. It has an: Mp3 player, You Tube Player, camera, video recorder, Dictaphone, FM radio, 3 built in games and there are more games to download off their website at the end of the year. It also has a text viewer, can be used as a webcam, and flash player with no file conversion. This is a really great product I highly recommend it.

Now, when I have this in my pocket listening to music and I see a great view I just take a picture or when I'm with my friends skating and they're about to Ollie over a half pipe I just record it, it has so many functions to suit my every need. This is the best mp3 player I have ever had it is great.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent device for the price!, 25 Sep 2009
S. Gilbert (London) - See all my reviews
I bought this to replace my ipod classic that got stolen. I did a lot of research first, trawling the internet and Amazon reviews to find a decent budget media player with the ability to play my downloaded movies and I am so pleased that I decided to get this one.
What led me to it was the decent size screen for watching movies, everything else that it does was just a plus and I thought I wouldn't bother with it's other abilities. But now that I've had it for a month, I love it! I use all of the functions, music, video, camera, video camera, webcam, radio and voice recorder and they all work well.
It is not easy to understand how to set it up (if you are not a 'techy' like myself )but if you read through everything slowly and download the required software from Kubic then it begins to make sense. I am in my 50's and totally self taught on the computer so if I can manage it - anyone can!
I use a different software for converting my music, 'Switch Sound File Converter' it is free and recommended by Windows, I found it to be simpler than the Kubic recommended software. The recommended video converter is really good and very quick.
I now have about 150 music tracks, a couple of full albums, 6 full length feature films, 6 home videos and some photo's on it and I still have half the memory left.
All in all I prefer it to my ipod, it does so much more and I am very happy with it. One word of warning - don't try to press the touch screen too quickly between applications or it can freeze! This happened to me so I contacted Kubic customer support (before reading the instruction manual for faults!) and they answered me straight away advising that I returned it for a new one. However, I thought to check the manual first and found that it had a re-set button which I duly pressed and it worked fine. So, well done to Kubic for speedy customer service.
The only negative thing I found was that my WMP 11 does not recognise it as a device! Kubic recommended that I download an earlier version of WMP but Vista does not allow that! But it's not a big deal, I can still drag & drop my music files into the converter and do it that way.
I recommend this media player to anyone it's a neat little device.

5.0 out of 5 stars My thoughts on the Kubik, 27 July 2009
J. Brenan "James" (England) - See all my reviews
I had no idea what quality to expect as I was buying on price and I was pleasantly surprised. The "feel" is good and the software easy to use. I bought it to plug in a Public Address system for use on outdoor events but have actually found that I use it elsewhere. So have no hesitation - it's a nice product.

3.0 out of 5 stars You Get What You Pay For, 25 Jan 2009
S. Williams (UK) - See all my reviews
It's packed with features like a camera that takes pictures and video, fm radio, youtube video player, games and more. The avi player in particular is outstanding. The price was also a big factor in why I bought it.
But, unfortunately, the quality of this player is as the price suggests. The touch screen isn't great, it is a bit slow in acting on your commands and the music part of the player is a nightmare to navigate and organise.
You can also insert extra memory in the form of an sd card. I only found out afterwards that it has to be a mini sd card but it is still a good feature.
All in all this is a very good piece of equipment if you want something to have on a long journey, but it's not for those of us that want a quality product that we can use all the time. As I write this review I realise that I did get what I paid for, and I will invest more wisely in my next player.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kubic's Edge 8Gb, 28 Dec 2009
M. Guest (Bedford, Unighted Kingdom) - See all my reviews
If you are thinking of buying this MP3 because you like the ipod Touch but can't afford it; forget it, you'll probably be disappointed. If, on the other hand, you are looking for a well-priced MP3 player that is easy to use and plays well, then this is it. I have had no trouble in putting music on it and there have been no problems with using it with external speaker systems etc. There is a two-second delay when exiting the music player but that's stated in all the literature and sale information. The unit is extremely lightweight and the build quality is good. What you have to remember is that "IT IS NOT AN iPOD" and so the build will not be the same and it does not appear the same. The player charges well and holds it's charge: I charged it and then played it for 6 hours straight with only a 25% loss of battery life! That's pretty good even by iPod standards. To charge on USB the handbook does state that you must have high power USB connection so if you don't; it won't charge. It has not locked, frozen or crashed at any point. Music files can be dragged and dropped easily and work fine.

A couple of iffy things: The screen does not respond to being touched with a finger but responds well to a finger nail or the stylus supplied, the built in speaker is a bit naff, but I didn't buy it for that. In short; "Ya gets what ya pays for" and, as players go, this ones good. I've given it 4 stars for the above and the lack of downloadable games etc but on the whole it's worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 22 Sep 2009
Andrew Marlow "Madman-Marlow" (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
I am a 16 yr old living in britain. I didnt know much about this when i bought it . . . i just saw something that looked cool . . .but omg ... that was a decision i dont regret. It is amazing... the sound quality in the headphones is supreme . . . alot better than the classic ipods . . .
It does alot too . .

The only thing i would fault with this product is the loudspeaker . . .
When playing music especially, the quality of the sound is greatly reduced when playing it in loudspeaker mode . . .

But, If you want the ability to watch you tube videos on the palm of your hand, record videos in multiple formats and listen to the radio at the touch of a screen yet arnt too fussed about playing it out loud without headphones, This is the Multimedia device for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great MP3 & Youtube Player!, 14 Nov 2009
Ms. E. Joughin (Cumbria) - See all my reviews
I bought this MP3 player as I wanted plenty of memory for songs & to play FLV Youtube videos. This is a very handy device as you can simply "drag & drop" songs or vidoes off another device or your harddrive. It does indeed (if have ID tags) seperate by album, artist & genre MP3 songs. You can also if you prefer just view all songs and search alphebitally. (FYI you adjust the volume via the sub menu once the song starts playing, that way you adjust it as each song requires it).

Regarding vidoes it does play FLV, AVI & 3GP as described. (I haven't tried WAV, WMA or other formats from my own collection yet). But it does come with samples of vidoes & songs on it for you view.

And while the earphones are a little odd, this is due to them being the aerial for the radio. Which does indeed work OK. (You could always use another pair untill you need the radio again).

Memory is good at 8GB, and I have increased it by adding an SD card into the slot provided, just in case.
Games are fun to play, my favorite is Russian Diamonds (Tetris.

The only other feature I can mention is the recording via Camera & Microphone. These also seem to work fine, and are saved OK in the memory. You could if you want convert the recorded WAV into MP3 if you have the software, and convert you WMA while you're at it.

My best advice is read the manual that comes with it (very easy to understand). And to sort out the touch screen setting sraight off as suggested.

1.0 out of 5 stars terrible product, 16 Jan 2010
Mr. T. Nestor - See all my reviews
this is frankly the worst product i have ever purchased in my entire life.i have owned numerous media gadgets in one form or another over the years but i have never encountered anything so poor and frustrating.firstly the initial synchronising of gadget took 2 hours and then when you transfer tracks that you want it also transfers every other god damn track thats on memory which means you have to go through deleting all these tracks every time you transfer.secondly tracks just disappear mysteriously as i put over 80 tracks on it and played them back and then a couple of hours later i went back to play these songs and they had vanished.i am seriously regretting getting this and i advise everybody to stay clear of this product.

ARRAY(0xa47d54b0)