Format: Audio CD|Change

on 31 May 2009
Errrrmm. errrr. errmmmmm. errr. My God who are these guys? After the initial period of speechlessness wore off I then had trouble fully believing that what I was listening to could be of this planet. Let me say this cd may be called death metal, but that's coz no music bigwig has had the creativity to give this stuff a new genre heading.
I don't know how to describe this stuff. It's a strange dichotomy of brutal death metal with the classically trained musicality you'd expect from dream theatre on top of their game. I'm by no means comparing the sound to dream theatre I'm just saying these musicians are absolutely awesome and take death metal to a place I've never been before.
The drumming is like being in a 100 mile an hour head on collision with a steam train. Blast beats aren't usually my thing, but on here it's meaningful and not off-putting. The bassist is awesome in a similar style to steve digorgio and that's one hell of a complement. Lead guitar is something else. these guys could give any top rated guitarist a run for their money.
anyway enough of the hype. if you like metal, especially death, give these guys a try, it's not the usual meaningless brutality. this is structured, original, otherworldly and just down right awesome. probably the most talented death metal release since nocturnus wrote thresholds. superb.
on 4 October 2009
the faceless are a brillaint band . im quite new to them and have taken to them straight away .
i look at death metal bands out there and alot of the stuff is repetitive. the faceless how ever
are not . with there extremely fast blast beats and there techical riffs with a hint of progressive
effects . this album is for all the death metal fans out there! , i bought it and havent had one
doubt in my mind about them . in my opinion the faceless are a blend of necrophagist , opeth and
the black dahlia murder .
on 17 March 2010
Hearing nothing but praise and on a mission to quenche my thirst for extremity, I picked up 'Planetary Duality' the second release by technical death metallers The Faceless.

After a healthy mix of violent blast beats, bitchin' growls and a whirlwind of technical supremecy, my thirst was, without a doubt quenched.
As a lengthy period of spitting out teeth ensued and a wide grin spead its way across my face, I knew I picked up something, rather special.
The band that was forcing its way out of the speakers before me, was a band so technical proficient, it was hard to pick it all out in one sitting and just maybe, I was experiencing one of the freshest, diverse, and exciting new death metal bands in recent times.

The Faceless show off their techincal prowess at such blistering pace, it'll force the listener into submission.
Album opener 'Prison Born' wastes no time in obliterating the eardrums, making way for the violence that follows as raw guitars and pummeling drums drive the likes of 'The Ancient Covenent', 'XenoChrist' and closing two part title track into audible destruction.
The vocals here are also of a very high standard, Vocalist 'Derek Rydquist' brings earth shattering growls along with throat shredding highs, while fellow band memeber, Guitarist/Vocalist 'Michael Keene' breaks through the carnage with some mighty clean vocals, which is a suprisingly nice addition, death metal purists will indeed raise an eyebrow or two. Overall, vocally, the album is a very diverse affair.

'Planetary Duality' cooks up all the right ingrediants to create a very impressive death metal record, you'll soon be counting teeth after commiting yourself to what's on display here, the future of death metal never looked so promising.
on 20 May 2013
Heard "Legion Of The Serpent" on the radio and instantly loved it, and bought the album after hearing it a few times more.
While not an accurate description they are a cross between Dragon Force/Dream theater guitars and grind core singing a cool mix and for me a unique sound I haven't heard any where else.
on 19 February 2016
Awesome album. I rebought as I couldn't find my original copy, and boom!! I love this album, its heavy, complexly written, and fast as fook. If you don't own. GET IT.
on 21 March 2013
!st class service i would recommend this product to any one plus the price was great too what more can i say
on 9 September 2014