‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant much loved item, 12 April 2010
hunnybunny (manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LeapFrog LeapReader Book: Scooby-Doo! Shiny Spooky Knights (Works with Tag) (Toy)
My son (3) loves this - he is Scooby Doo mad and even though he's a little young to get the full educational benefit fro it he loves the voices and music which accompany the story. this is a really clever idea - I've even sat playing with it for 20 mins myself!

My 7 yr old daughter was really jealous about this birthday present, so much so I have promised to buy her a tag reading system in pink !

Brilliant

4.0 out of 5 stars Not that educational but fun, 10 Dec. 2010
I bought this for my daughter who will be 4 in a couple of months' time. She absolutely loves it. She also has the Ozzy book that came with the tag reader (which seems to be the best I've seen so far for teaching phonics), Cat in the Hat and Disney Princess Adventures Under The Sea Story books. She reads the Scooby Doo book every day and the others have fallen by the wayside. There are questions along the way checking reading comprehension but the bit she loves best is at the end when there are a set of closed questions that you have to answer within a set period of time. She loves to see if she can beat her previous score. I'm not sure how useful the Tag Reader and series will be in helping her to learn to read but it allows her to enjoy books when I'm not able to sit and read with her. I would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scooby Doobie Doo!, 10 Feb. 2011
Bought this for my daughter for her 4th birthday. She loves it! She particularly likes answering questions to win rewards (which can be printed off your computer when you attach the tag pen).
This is a fun book but with educational value too. I give it a big thumbs up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super fun., 16 Feb. 2011
Helen Lee "Helelee" (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my daughter for her third birthday. I was a bit concerned that it was too old for her (it is for 5-6 year olds after all) but she loves Scooby Doo so it was a must. I needn't have been concerned - she loves it. She is not yet at the stage where she will listen to the story the whole way through but she loves the music played when she touches the Mystery Machine and has her favourite pages that she will listen to over and over again (I can tell, not only from the online tracking software but from the American voice emanating from her bedroom long after she should be asleep). She also plays some of the games.

All in all, a great buy and she will only get more engaged with it as her skills develop. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars good and bad, 23 Jan. 2014
Wow what can I say except that I am very pleased in seeing how my kids are improving in their basic intellectual and learning skills and learning about what is going on around them and within them selves. I am a big fan of LeapFrog
LeapReader. My one major dislike about leapfrog products is the music, I wish they would make more of these products without music. Without a doubt this distracts the kids by them not focusing properly on the tasks at hand, and this is not a constructive way to educate children. I truly believe that it would be more effective in teaching children without music.

5.0 out of 5 stars More than a book., 30 Dec. 2012
Bought as a present. The kids love the books very interactive and easy to use. The kids kept going back to the books and finding something new and different on every page. Delivered before the estimated delivery date. The packaging the books arrived in was more than adequate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tag book, 2 July 2012
This is a brilliant Tag reading book. We got it for our eldest, but our youngest wants to look and read it too! The 'pen' picks up all the sounds (not just the main characters). Brilliant vale for money, colourful, hard backed book, lots of sounds.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT, 5 Dec. 2011
Daughter is a Scooby Doo and Leapfrog Tag fan. She amuses herself for ages with her leapfrog tag books and pen - so much to do! She is very keen to learn and feel this is a great, FUN way to assist with her progress.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reading is fun, 19 Jan. 2011
M. Clark (East Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
Out 5 yr old loves her Tag pen and book - lots of games to play, different activities and she soon learnt her way round all the symbols. Really helping her to love books and learn to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Buy, 26 Mar. 2013
Our son loves his tag books especially this one, it has really helped with his reading, memory and general learning. Useful for long car journeys especially.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›