5.0 out of 5 stars Dora is a winner
Published on 16 Feb. 2012 by b

3.0 out of 5 stars Letters are not pronounced in phonetics
Our daughter will enjoy the Dora book I'm sure (I will update with her feedback later), but I am really disappointed that the letters in the book aren't pronounced in phonetics! Surely this is to be expected, especially as they produce phonetics books and sell the TAG reader as an item designed to help children learn to read. Hopefully the software can be updated soon.
Published on 12 Jun. 2013 by Mrs M.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Dora is a winner, 16 Feb. 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LeapFrog LeapReader Book: Dora the Explorer Dora Goes to School (Works with Tag) (Toy)
I've bought a few leapfrog books and this is my daughters favourite she's four and maybe a little young for the others which are not as entertaining. Dora has many activities to do which help with numbers and letters perfect for her age. There are lots of sounds and the characters have the voices that they have on tv. A definite must if I see more Dora leapfrog books I won't hesitate to buy them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Letters are not pronounced in phonetics, 12 Jun. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Dora Tag Reading Book, 6 Dec. 2011
As we are so happy with the Tag reading system, we are buying books to complete the collection.
This book is great, my 4 yr old daughter loves Dora, so she has read and played on this book over and over. THough as all other Tag books, unfortunately they have one minor setback.. after a few days of use, pages do tend to start coming off.
Apart from that we are really happy with product, and service from amazon as always, is just great!

So keep it up Amazon team!

4.0 out of 5 stars Dora leap reader...good buy., 21 Sept. 2013
R. Convery - See all my reviews
I bought this for my 2 year old, really so that she wouldn't feel left out, as her older brother was given the leap reader pen. It is a bit too old for her but as absolutely loves it and is well able to use the leap pen. Obviously she cant read but is starting to recognise numbers and loves the alphabet that it sings. I'm not sure if it is the best book out there and I dont think the storey itself would actually help prepare a child for going to school or help them settle into school. Never the less my 2 year old gets great pleasure out of it, I'm not sure if a 4-5 year old would unless they absolutely loved Dora

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 31 Dec. 2012
I chose this book for my grandaughter because of i'ts educational value, she loves it . I would recommend it for 4 year olds

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book for dora's fans, 5 Dec. 2013
My boys are dora's fans and buying them this leapfrog leapreader book was an excellent purchase.Its very educational as well as it teaches numbers,alphabets,vocubularly,and spanish.My two year old loves the book too so much that he has ripped off a page due to his clinging unto the book and having a fight with his four year old brother over the book(lol).The book however works with the leapreader pen(so be aware when buying this).

5.0 out of 5 stars My 4-year old son loves it., 7 Nov. 2013
Ms. N. K. Josan (West Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
Obviously, one needs to have the tag-reader to appreciate the book, first of all.

Secondly, my 4-year old son loves it, and has made him happy.

The Tag-reader books have helped my little one get so well with his reading. He's only 4 years and a month old, but reads the simpler books (non-tag readers) like Peppa pig etc. on his own. The tag-reader and the books have helped him recognize words very easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic buy!!, 4 Feb. 2012
Bought this system for my 5 year old last christmas and he loved it. Had to then purchase another one for my 3 year old who would not put it down.
The book is very durable and great fun. Each story is spoken in the voice of the character ie. DORA.
It is educational as well as fun so definitely a good choice!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent first reading scheme, 1 Jan. 2011
I bought this as a gift for my 4-year old grand-daughter and she loves it. It is helping her in the first stages of reading and is also helping her language development. Be aware that an adult has to download this before the child can use it. An adult also needs to show the child how to use it.

5.0 out of 5 stars These books are amazing, 30 Dec. 2013
within a couple of minutes of opening the pen My young grandson was absorbed in this even though surrounded by lots of other presents. Recommend getting the headphones as the volume is not loud in a room with conversations going on

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›